having had three - the first two like you, many moons ago, my last one was so completely different, and the best! I had a spinal block too, so no epi in (depends on the who you have as your anethaetist (sp!) as what their preference is too I think -are you public or private patient?) catheter was removed the following day, and I got up the next day. but I had it at 11.05 am, so if its earlier, you may be ready sooner. I had GD too, so was being monitored, and so was Aston.

The best thing about this time around was that Aston went straight to my breast after being suctioned, he was on my chest within 2 mins I think. and he stayed there while I was stitched up, and fed. he was given 5mls of expressed colostrum, that I had done before I went in, i actually expressed 15, but they only had to give him 5, and this was more to ensure his BSL didn't drop rapidly. he was with me at the breast, cuddle up skin to skin all through recovery, transfer from recovery to the ward, and even a while there. i think he was with me, skin to skin for about 4 hours before they weighed, measured him, and went and did another BSL testing, he needed to be tested 4hrly for 48 hours. It was wonderful. definately recommend you requesting thtat. find out what the protocol in your hospital is.
do you know what you are having ?