Thanks for the replies ladies..

I think that my main concern is the baby, I want the baby given to me asap for skin on skin contact. The other thing that is worrying me, if I can't get up, who it going to change baby and pick him/her out of the crib during that first night. I know that my DF will stay til as late as possible, but I just have a huge fear of the baby not being near me.

My first bub was a c/s and we soooo never bonded, and I mean at all, it was awful and I blame it all on the c/s as my next two were natural and it was just love at first sight IYKWIM. My c/s was an emergency so I know that I can pin most of my anger on that as well as my age and lack of support.

I am a public patient and cannot complain at all about my care, they have been excellent not to mention thorough. I just want this to be perfect and have it all planned so I don't feel let down.