Thread: Tips to heal uterus in preperation for VBA2C?

Default Tips to heal uterus in preperation for VBA2C?

Hello All,

I am new to this wonderful forum and am so impressed with all of the knowledge

My history is 2005 DD born via c/s due to placenta previa.
    DS born via c/s 2007 because OB was worried about my scar rupturing - DOH!!! If only I had found this site then

I plan to fall pregnant again end of 2010 - 2011. Now I want to help my uterus heal in preparation for my VBA2C.

I have read acupuncture helps, is there any tonic?? Mineral?? Herb?? etc that encourages your uterus to heal??

Appreciate your input - thanks!

Okay, so I have been doing some research - I think i may bring this up in the vbac section also to get feedback.

Now there is a fantastic site called alternative baby with a section dedicated to recovering from caesarean. With wonderful herbs etc to help healing immediately after surgery. Might be worth looking at if you have just had a c/sec and want a VB next time.

For myself I am thinking Folic Acid (it has been proven to reverse fibroids and cervical dysplasia). Also helps with the formation of DNA and building new tissue?? (which is why we take it to reduce NTD during pregnancy) - couldn't find the website that discussed this again... Anyway, I figured since the uterus is 'self-renewing' this could help with the formation of new tissue.

Vitamin E - Vaso dilator - helps circulation.

Rasperry leaves - uterine tonic

Visualisation - at night before bed, or in the bath I visualise my uterus growing stronger, that my scar is healing and I envision a golden light permeating from my uterus. I repeat these words in my head. Funnily, enough - everytime I do this my uterus starts cramping, and the scar on my skin tingles...

Probably next year I will start accupuncture treatments.

Who knows if this is going to help or not

But it does make me feel pro-active and positive about a vba2c. And is healing in an emotional way too

If you have any input let me know (good or bad) it was very hard to find any info on this at all.

Mummabond007

I think time is also on your side as there will be a few years of healing as well as all the stuff your going to use. I am not sure about the other stuff like the vitamins and that but it all makes sense.

I don't think time has anything to do with it actually (sorry) as the uterus does most of its healing in the first three months after the c-section. But you can help it in the first three months by resting up, not straining too much, and hopefully not getting an infection (which I didn't manage to do)

Acupuncture is good though so I will be doing this with my VBA2C this time round.

vitamin e is supposed to be good to soften scar tissue. But, I would investigate in getting these things the natural way, rather than just popping pills because vitamin pills are usually not as easily absorbed by the body as the vitamins are if taking in via food. Maybe add some foods that are rich in vit e and folic acid to your diet.

From what I read when it comes to healing after a VBaC, all the healing is done within the first 3-6 months. So it is probably not really about healing your uterus, but rather about making the scars more pliable and strengthening the uterus.

All the best with the planned pregnancy and VBa2C. And good on you for being so positive and pro-active.

Sasa
    xox

Arimeh - that is fantastic news! Are you due soon? I'll be behind you cheering all the way (in spirit) - and I'm sure you'll have one of those inspiring VBAC birth stories for us all. Are you homebirthing or hospital?? Keep us up to date with how your accupuncture sessions go..

Sunshine - Thanks for the advice. I do have a pretty good diet (we have a vegie garden too - so sometimes you can't get fresher). But I am currently on BCP and do feel a difference in my energy levels when I take Vit B or my Multi. I love, love, love your birth story. I really do hope that one day I can experience birth as it's meant to be...

Thanks for the support! I can't express how great it is to find a network of women who support each other - YAY!

No I'm not due soon - my baby is only 8 months old, so I've got a bit to go yet.

I'll be giving birth at a private hospital which encourages VBAC and water births. Thanks for your support.

Aloe Vera Juice is good for internal healing.

Default Accupunture for heal uterus

Hi. Firstly looking at the dates of all your posts ny be late with this info, anyway just incase some of you still want this info here goes.
    I am planning on trying for my 7th child with hubby, so we have 6 kids now , last 4 were csections. My doctor said my uterus had alot of scaring because of the 4 c-sections. I was told by someone to try Chinese Traditional Medicine, so enquired to my asking if they could strengthen and heal some of the scaring. This way their reply.

Thank you for your enquiry. Yes a combination of acupuncture and Chinese
    herbal medicine can be used to target the uterus; to strengthen it and the
    surrounding muscles and increase the energy and blood circulation to this
    area. This will also help any scaring from past surgeries to heal.
    Treatments can also aim at ensuring that pregnancies hold and that the
    mother is in the best possible health to bring another child into the world.
    Chinese medicine recognises that childbirth and breastfeeding for women is
    the most draining on our 'vital chi' or inherited life force energy, whereas
    for men they lose this energy through ejaculation. The great thing about
    receiving acupuncture and herbs is that as you get treatment for your main
    complaint, the rest of your health can be re-vitalised.
    As our bodies are individual and unique it is hard to say how many
    treatments will be necessary to achieve your desired health goal of a strong
    uterus. We would need to evaluate you signs and symptoms and use other
    diagnostic techniques to get a look at the whole picture. What are the signs
    and symptoms you are getting which is telling you that your uterus needs
    strengthening? Do you experience any prolapse, or bearing down sensations
    around menstruation? Do you experience muscle weakness in the area?

So I made an appointment had my first today and was also given some herbal tablets to help too.

Wow haven't seen this thread in a while!!!!

Just to update - I had a successful VBA2C in November 2009 - and I didn't actually get around to having acupuncture done like I was going to. My scar held up beautifully during labour