thread: What is my chances of having both DH and my Doula with me during c section?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Member

    May 2008
    1,110

    You need to be aware that there is very little room to manoevre during a c-section. After DH (holding one hand), 2 surgeons and a nurse (working on getting bub out) and an anaesthetist (working with my other hand) and the midwife and paed waiting to look after bub - I don't know where I would have put another support person!
    If the point of having your Doula is more to support from a distance you could probably negotiate that she is in theatre - but it would be physically tricky for her to be within a metre of you.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Nov 2005
    in a house!
    6,125

    Sorry but my hospital said no. And I agree with there being no room left either

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Feb 2005
    Sydney
    2,597

    Yes I was allowed 2 support people at my emergency c/s my mum and my hubby, doesnt hurt to ask at all. For the 2nd c/s (elective) I chose only to have my DH. I went to north shore private.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Feb 2008
    Melbourne
    260

    Hey puppies!

    I really hope u get to have your Doula with you and everything goes smoothly

    Just on the video/photo thing, I don't think any hospitals allow video to be taken of C/S. Its worth asking, but just thought I would give you the heads up.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Apr 2007
    Sydney
    900

    Thanks for that. I am just going to take my little digital camera. See if I can get a nurse (if my doula can't come in) to take a few pics of us before, during and after so I can scrapbook them. I have already said to my doula that there is a big chance she wont be aloud in but if she could be with me when we are in recovery so I am not alone that would be great and help me breast feed maybe. So I am prepared if they say no.