Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: $600 per child payment

i am SOOO confused lol this is the 1st time ive claimed c'link and heard of payments...
    before 30 june i was getting FTB A and B fortnightly. on 1st july i put in a PPS claim and since then have received FTB A, B and PPS fortnitly. DD was born 18 may 09, and i have put in my tax return, and XP has put in his aswell, both our incomes were less than what we estimated on our c'link forms. so do i get anything? FTB supps, $600 for child (or part of seeing as she wasnt round for all of 09 fin. yr), FTB top ups for underestimating income?

you will only get 2 months of the payment hun And yes you should get some top up too, but it wont be a whole lot.

if your overestimate caused you to recieve less than full rate of FTB A & B then it will backpay what you should have recieved based on your actual income. As you were entitled to A & B, you should be entitled to partial payments of the supps.

You need to wait for the ATO to send yours and your XPs taxable income amount to centrelink - they will then reconcile the account and.... someone will pay it to you... I am not sure who yet, lol. Neither are they apparently!

Inertia - for your issue - when you lodge a tax return and are entitled to top ups of ftb - the info is sent to ATO. they are given a "pay by" date - a date by which they have to include it in your tax return or return it to FAO. this is the date that is seen on the FAO system - unless it has a payment id number, it's only a "should be paid" scenario. if it isn't paid by that date, it is returned to FAO within a few days and then sent out to you.

TM - if you overestimated and your combined income put your payments above the threshold for max payment (around 42k from memory) your ftb would have been reduced and yes, you'll get a top up plus the pro-rata supplements. if your combined estimate was less than that amount you would have been getting max rate ftba anyway. you may get an ftbb top up.

So basically because my tax return was a nil balance this year, the ATO wasnt paying me anything anyway and so had nothing to send it with, so now it can take the next 14 days to return it to centrelink (and they are enjoying taking every last one with me!! took them 21 days to do my tax return! the NOA was only sent yesterday) and then centrelink gets to pay it - eventually.

Sweet... and here I was thinking I had no idea when I was going to get it.. at least now I know its sometime between now and the 3rd of August! *cries*

if my DH had a nil tax return does that mean i wont get the supplement until we return the nil check? if that makes sense

JwithJ, it shouldnt. Its only doing this with me because I have to lodge a tax return and I am the one receiving the FTB payments. If you are getting the FTB and dont have to lodge a tax return, then his Nil return shouldnt hold up your suppliments. Two of my sisters have theirs already and their partners lodged after me and DH.

Okay, my friend just told me recently about this $600 per child thing - I'd never heard of it before and we haven't received it for DD1 (she's turning 2 in a couple of weeks).
    We are a single income family - DH gets around $50k and I receive no taxable income (just my FTB part A & B payments, and baby bonus at the moment).
    How do we apply for/access this $600 payment if we're eligible for it? Do I need to do a tax return or something? DH did his tax return today but I don't know how it works, should he have put anything in there? Can he rectify his tax return if he needs to add something, or do we have to wait until next year's tax time?
    Arg :/ I don't get this stuff!!

Donna, it could be because you haven't told them you didn't have to report. You have to contact Centrelink and let them know you are a non reporter - it can be done with OLS if you use it.

for anyone that has to lodge a tax return (whether they get anything back or not) you have to wait for ATO to notify FAO of incomes. so in the case of a nil return, it generally means you have x taxable dollars, and paid the exact right amount of tax so nothing coming back. ATO will notify of this situation

Donna - you need to notify FAO that you don't need to lodge a tax return as you had no income - or if you did have a small amount of income, you just notify the actual amount of income. reconcilliation will then occur from there. you'll need to notify for each tax year since DD1 was born

Hmm... just looking at my details on the FAO site (I use online services where possible) - it used to have the 'advise non-lodgement of tax return' option but now I can't find it?! Does that mean they already know I don't need to do a tax return and I just have to wait for the money? It was right there up until a couple of weeks ago, I can't work out what's happened to that option :/

hmm
    Dh and I have both lodged our tax returns and have our tax back, but nothing else. I recieved ftb a and B this yr and also over estimated my income by $5000. I wonder if i will get anything else..

Donna - I'd call them just to make sure. They wont pay it until you have told them you dont have to lodge.

Tan: Check your notice of assessment and centrelink Online Services. If there is a reconcilliation amont then Centrelink and the ATO get first dibs on any money owing to them. Its doubtful you would have a centrelink bill if you overestimated, but those are the best way to check what is going on. If its not mentioned in either I would give them a call and ask about your entitlements.

It should show up on your NOA as FAO/FTB in the description or something readily recognisable.

^ Do you mean the tax office or FAO?
    Maybe DH will get it with his tax return? I have *no* idea.

Edit: Just called FAO then to sort out what's going on, she marked me down as 'non-lodgement' and told me that I will get it when DH's return is sorted out, probably with some taken out as I may have been overpaid (DH got a small pay rise mid-year and did a fair bit of OT, so earned a bit over my estimate). Thanks for the advice, ladies!! This C'link stuff is soooo confusing :/
    Last edited by Glamourcide; July 23rd, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

you will get your full entitlement for prev years donna as lomg as it's less than 2 years so 08/09 and 07/08 are fine

if anyone lodged tax returns before mid july there is sometimes a delay on ato sending detaiils to fao cos there are so many to sendand ato do them in dribs and drabs to not overload the system

not wanting to whinge, but i got my tax return today, it was same as the estimate, but no part of the $600 child bonus or any FTB supp/topup???
    if im entitled to any FTB/$600 bonus wouldnt it have been paid with my tax return or a seperate amount? cause i definately overestimated our combined income so should be entitled to something, and XPs def done his tax return caus i was with him when he did it and his return went into his account last week so i know the ATO arent waiting on him to organise it???

tattoo mama same with me it took them a while to pay it to me 2 probably about 2 weeks so it just depends on when it gets processed by FAO

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo_mama View Post
    not wanting to whinge, but i got my tax return today, it was same as the estimate, but no part of the $600 child bonus or any FTB supp/topup???
    if im entitled to any FTB/$600 bonus wouldnt it have been paid with my tax return or a seperate amount? cause i definately overestimated our combined income so should be entitled to something, and XPs def done his tax return caus i was with him when he did it and his return went into his account last week so i know the ATO arent waiting on him to organise it???
    It comes from Centrelink, so no, it won't be in with your tax return. Once your tax return is processed with ATO, it can take up to 14 days for FTB supplement to be paid. If after 14 days you haven't received, ring Centrelink to let them know.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast