Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: $600 per child payment

they only auto roll out supplements for single parents who have been on income support payments for at least 300 days during the financial year

for all other scenarios you need to lodge your tax return or, if not lodging, notify of this

Myself and DH don't need to lodge tax returns which I have advised FAO and they told me payments are being made up til 25th July. Would the payment show up online on my account page?
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Dianne

it will show up on the payment summary details when the payment is processed, which can be up til the 28th - but will only show two working days before it lands in your bank account

Thanks hun,
    Would it only be updated in the morning or should I check throughout the day also?

thanks
    Dianne

i'd only check once a day - if it's going to be processed, you'll see it early-ish - and if it does get processed later, you'll see it next day - there is always two working days from when a FAO payment is processed until it lands in your bank account...

Something I have noticed in some peoples posts is that they receive some parenting payment from centerlink as well as work either casual or part time.
    So you are getting an income as well as a payment from centerlink.

Something they don't tell you unless you ask is Partnered Parenting Payment when teamed with a "work" related income is classed as a second income & should be taxed.
    Partnered parenting payments are not pension payments & therfor are taxable if you also work.

I found this out a few years back when I was expecting x amount in my tax return but got about $500 less because I hadn't paid enough tax. When I looked into it it was because I had 2 incomes. PP & my work income.

SO moral of my story LOL, is have tax taken from your PP from centerlink (you need to request it) & if you can aford too, play it safe &have your work related nicome taxed at the higher rate. I did this after I learnt & always got a nice tax return back.

BG may be able to explain it better though.

FJ is right - parenting payment (both single AND partnered) are taxable incomes - and as such, if you're working as well, you may go over the income thresholds to have to pay tax. you can, at any point, have a dollar amount (ie $10) or percentage (10%) of your parenting payment deducted each fortnight to ensure you have paid enough tax

alternatively, you can ask your employer to NOT claim the 6500 tax free threshold on your employment income, so that you pay more tax from that income to cover any taxable parenting payment

this applies to almost all centrelink payments (excluding disability/carers payments) - all others, even though they may be "tagged" as pensions (single parent etc) ARE taxable

Wow Just read this thread and I still have no idea what is going on!!! I dont even know if I get FTB A or B!!! Guess I will just lob everything off to the accountant and let him deal with it all!! Had no idea you got MORE money after having a child!! Thought it was just the baby bonus and that was it!!
    Am lost on this whole thing - life was simpler when it was just wages!! Not that I would give Caitlyn up of course!!

if you're not getting fortnightly payments, and you have high-ish individual and combined incomes, you might not be eligible for ftb rebecca. this year, your accountant can claim it for you on you tax return (make sure you ask) - but for future years, if you qulify, you have to do your claim through centrelink/FAO direct

Ahhh more than likely then we wont be eligible as I dont get any form of c.link payment and never have so far and DH's and my combined income is what could be called high I guess. Wish they worked it out on income AFTER rent, food, electricity and now fuel!! ha ha ha

if that were the case, it owuld be awesome for parents

but cost of living would blow out astronomically - damn that thing that links interest rates to national spending/inflation lol

Cost of living out here is huge anyway!! LOL

Do they pay the supplement after the return has been processed or just lodged ? Mine has been procvessed by DF only did his last week.. so i assume its after the return has been processed ..

return has to be processed so that the actual taxable income can be ascertained - it can take up to three weeks from when you receive your notice of assessment from ATO until ATO send that information to FAO

I sent in Andrews tax return on the 2nd via Etax, and I lodged the online claim that said I didn't have to lodge a tax return for this financial year on the 1st.

Andrew got his tax return back on the 11th so 9 days and I got the FTB supplements on the 14th. So they were definitely processing prior to the 16th

the 16th was the start of "bulk" reconcilliation Kat - when they started mass processing those that didn't need to lodge tax returns (and have both notified), or single people on income support for at least 300 days during the financial year. the start of ACTUAL processing was July 2nd, but very few were done that early - you're lucky that ATO processed that quickly - you must have gotten in before the rush! the processing turn around for those that have to lodge tax returns is definitely dictated by the ATO and the communication FAO receive from them.

FWIW - NO reconcilliation of payment can occur until you've been paid all your ftb entitlement for the previous financial year - so if your last FTB payment was any time before July 3rd, you'd have to wait until after your next payment (14 days later) to be completely finalised with payments for 2008 - from that date, if all the info is known for both yourself and your partner, reconcilliation can occur. this timing is the reason that bulk reconcilliation doesn't start until mid July each year - and it can take up to a month to process everyone that falls under that process

I lodged both mine and DH tax returns on the 9th centerlink received my total on the 11th and I got my tax return on the 18th.........Centerlink still have not received dh total for the year yet the ATO say it has been sent to them, not has he received his return and they told me to call back on Wensday if not received as that is the 14 day point and they would then escalate it, I didnt receive the $600 per child in my tax so howlong after centerlink recives DH totals should I have to wait for that? sorry for all the questions, am sure glad I dont work for centrelink or the ATO at this time of the year.

yeah, be glad hun - everyone is going through the same thing

some ATO claims take longer to process - i don't know why, but i think it's something to do with deductions - when they're more complex, it takes longer. anyhoot - once ATO process HIS return, they will send the info to Centrelink/FAO. as has been mentioned before, it can take up to three weeks for that info to be transferred to FAO from ATO - AFTER your notice of assessment from ATO has been generated (it doesn't always take that long, as you can see by Kat's situation - but that's the time frame that they give).

once that info has been received - given that your tax return has been received without the FAO payment, FAO will process your payment and deliver your entitlement to the bank within two working days

The ONLY exception is if there is something on your file that flags it to need manual processing (so changes in shared care percentage, first return to work after birth of youngest child etc) - if that occurs, it can take several weeks as there are a limited number of staff trained for this activity and they churn through them as quickly as they can - please - this is an exeption, NOT a rule - not many files go through this process! if you're registered for online services you can check every couple of days - you'll see the payment once it's been processed. it DOES NOT NECESSARILY get paid at the same time as your normal FTB payment

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast