Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 36 of 59

Thread: Family tax supplement

  1. #19

    Default

    $711.75 per child, WooHoo!! But before I get to excited is that $711.75 means tested?


  2. #20

    Default

    Only in total with all FTBA. So long as you were financial eligible for a part or whole payment of FTBA during the year, and you did not underestimate leaving yourself with a debt that can absorb it, you will be eligible for the FTB A Sup. It is pro-rata so I cant remember if you went over into July like I did so I will just say that its 711.75 for the whole year. For Phoebe I am only going to get around $690 as she doesn't qualify for 11 days.

  3. #21

    Default

    geeze @ $711.15 this year !! that is an extra $300 I wasn't expecting. I was just assuming it would still be around the $600 mark per child LOL.

  4. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Taking a ride on my grdonkey :D
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    What happens if you overestimate your partner's income? Do you only get the supplement payment or do you get backpay as well? I missed out on the supp last year as DH did some OT and got a pay rise mid-year I wasn't aware of (only 20c an hour but it added up!!) so I ended up with a few hundred dollars of debt, this year I'm 99% sure I've overestimated DH's income but still don't know how it all works with FTA and FTB lol :/ If you have overestimated, the supp is all you get, right? Someone (who doesn't have a clue, mind you) was telling me that she overestimates every year so that come tax time, she gets 'heaps of backpay on top of the $600 per kid', I've never heard that before so I'm assuming it isn't true? Would be nice to get the supp payment this year though, I have a BB meet-up account that needs an injection

  5. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,737

    Default Family tax supplement

    We over estimated not on purpose but our business got quieter than expected last financial year( 08/09) we recently filed the tax returns and I ended up with some fta which was unexpected and the ftb, ccr and ccb were adjusted too.

  6. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky Town, Vic
    Posts
    7,070

    Default

    at the end of the day it goes on your actual income - that's why you need to get all your tax returns in so they can see what you got/ against what you are entitled to.

  7. #25

    Default

    Yes, Glam. If you are on a reduced rate of FTBA+B and you have overestimated then you are entitled to backpay. Much like your friend I always overestimate - however mine is not for the backpay, it is on the off chance we might pick up a half way decent client and could effectively end up with a lot more income. Its not that I do want backpay - its that I dont want a debt. However the last year my DH worked for someone else the family estimate was around 70k and the end of year total was actually under 40k so I got around 9000 that year with the sups and backpay. For a while there my online services looked even... more impressive, LMAO. I obviously called them immediately and got that sorted because I could not for the life of me even think of in what universe that could have been even remotely correct. I think somehow it just doubled what I was supposed to get.

  8. #26

    Default

    LOL BR, If I saw I had that incoming I would have dropped dead on the floor.

  9. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamourcide View Post
    What happens if you overestimate your partner's income? Do you only get the supplement payment or do you get backpay as well? I missed out on the supp last year as DH did some OT and got a pay rise mid-year I wasn't aware of (only 20c an hour but it added up!!) so I ended up with a few hundred dollars of debt, this year I'm 99% sure I've overestimated DH's income but still don't know how it all works with FTA and FTB lol :/ If you have overestimated, the supp is all you get, right? Someone (who doesn't have a clue, mind you) was telling me that she overestimates every year so that come tax time, she gets 'heaps of backpay on top of the $600 per kid', I've never heard that before so I'm assuming it isn't true? Would be nice to get the supp payment this year though, I have a BB meet-up account that needs an injection
    The other lovely ladies have already confirmed I think but just to double confirm - if you have overestimated your income, you will be paid arrears for whatever you were entitled to throughout the financial year, plus the supplement payments. Once you have lodged your tax return, it will be reconciled automatically and the backpay sent to you

  10. #28

    Default

    Just had a look online here as I did our tax last Wednesday (well Andrew's, I did mine on the first of July) I got a huge surprise to see all my supplements and payment in arrears (in my favour) going into my bank account tomorrow.

  11. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Taking a ride on my grdonkey :D
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Well there you go Cheers ladies!! Might not tell DH about the arrears bit bahaha... oh, okay, I'll tell him, but still keep a bit secret for myself What, these shoes? Noooo, they're OLD!

  12. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dapto, Illawarra...NSW
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    I lodged DH's tax return on e-tax on Thursday night, I just checked Centerlink online and my supplement is going in on Thursday. Our tax refund hasn't even been credited to our bank yet. Looks like Centerlink are on the ball this year!!!

  13. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Wow, that is quick.

    Regards,
    Dianne

  14. #32
    feeb's Avatar
    feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    8,498

    Default

    I defer FTA B, just a few weeks ago received a letter saying we hadnt done our tax for previous year which was crap, I rang them and they did a few things on comp and a week later i receive a letter saying $800 going into my account!!! was very excited!!!!

    Whats the $711 you are talking about is that for A or B?????

  15. #33

    Default

    That is quick ladies - fantastic!!! Don't forget to have a little treat. We always go out for tea as a family and order anything we like, it's not much but it's something, then use the rest to pay bills/savings or whereever it's needed

  16. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    I defer FTA B, just a few weeks ago received a letter saying we hadnt done our tax for previous year which was crap, I rang them and they did a few things on comp and a week later i receive a letter saying $800 going into my account!!! was very excited!!!!

    Whats the $711 you are talking about is that for A or B?????
    It is Part A and is per child
    Part B is $350 something and is per family.

  17. #35
    feeb's Avatar
    feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    8,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady View Post
    It is Part A and is per child
    Part B is $350 something and is per family.
    Ahh ok cool thanks

  18. #36

    Default

    Does everyone get part a?? All these supplements/allowances/benefits confuse the life out of me. I just can't keep it all straight. I just wait and see what comes and pray I don't end up with a debt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •