Thread: Advice on which are the best Ovulation Test Kits?

Default Advice on which are the best Ovulation Test Kits?

well, since this cycle was a no go, I thought I would be a bit more focused on getting to know when I am ovulating. I have the Maybe Baby and to be honest it didn't really work all that well last month. But I will give it a go again, I will check temps as well. But what I would also really like to do is the ovulation test thingo's. Can you tell me which one is the best to get and where can you find them? Ohh and how do you use them?

I really want to get this cycle right...

Sorry for your bust cycle.

I used the OPK's ones from Lullaby Conceptions mail order. They were great. I used both the midstream and PIAC ones, and both worked well.

The PIAC once were cheaper, so when you are doing them for 5-10 days in a row it is better, but with having to do them at 2pm and working I used the midstream ones for convenience.

The postage is quite reasonable and they deliver very quickly.

Good luck!!!

thanks but what is the PIAC? and when do you start using the tests, what part of your cycle?

The PIAC (pee in a cup) ones are these ones... http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...duct=83&cat=25

From the Lullaby Conceptions website...

We recommend that you purchase a minimum of 5 tests as these test are to be used each day over 5 days, during the fertile part of your cycle to determine accurate ovulation. As your body begins to ovulate it sends an "LH" surge which will appear on the test strips.
    For best chances of conception, have intercourse on the day of and the day after you see the LH surge.
    So for an average person with a 28 day cycle who O's cd14... You would start testing CD10. I had a funny cycle O about CD20, but I would start OPK about CD10 anyway JIC...

For me, over the 3-5 days leading to O I would get two lines on the test, and you could see the lest line getting darker... And on O day it would be really dark (same as control line), then testing day after O it would get fainter. I could go through 8-10 tests in a cycle... It is suggested you test at 2pm, after holding your pee for about 2 hrs so as to get a good concentrated test.

BUT....

This is not always the case for everyone.... Some people can test at any time of the day with good results, so people dont get the buildup of the surge, and some people have a longer surge... We are all different....It took me a few months to get the hang of using OPK's... I used it in combination with BBT to get a good idea of my cycles.

HTH

Thanks rufalina,
    That was very informative. I have checked out the website and love it. I would like to purchase these OPK from the website. but our credit card has been hyjacked twice now and we are avoiding using it to purchase stuff online. Do you think the ones offered at the chemist are similar the Lullaby Conceptions ones?

Ohh can you believe my Maybe Baby saliva test gave me partial ferning this morning? Its CD2 and I am still bleeding. So I am very keen to try these OPK's. Thanks again for your help.