Thread: Charting Your Cycle :did It Help You Get A Bfp??

Smile Charting Your Cycle :did It Help You Get A Bfp??

Hello everyone,

I have just recently stared charting my cycle following a missed mc a couple of months ago. I am finding charting very interesting and I do think it is helpful but being the impatient bunny that I am I would really love to hear from anyone if they have found it helped them conceive any quicker??Your positive thoughts and any advice would be so much appreciated.

Have a great day.

AnnaBelle

Absolutely! I think without it I would still be looking for that BFP as I didnt realise that I ovulated two days earlier than the average woman! I still find it amazing now to look back at the successful chart and realise how wonderful our bodies are!

I didn't chart as I was having BT's around O time. I was desperate to fall pregnant after a MC in May.

The month I got my BFP I actually O'd 2 days later than I thought I would.

Good luck!

I haven't fallen pregnant yet (and we're using a clinic), but it is defiantely handy to have when working out ovulation. I ovulate later than most woman, and I didn't even know!

I think charting is really helpfull.. I charted with my angel baby & with this bubs.

Charting is definately the way to go.. My O day is all over the shop, so I really need to chart to know exactly where I am at each month.. It does get a bit too much sometimes and you can get quite obsessed with it.. Good luck to you..

Oh yes, I second what Nic says too... taking your temp every monring and scrutinishing it and your chart every day can make you a bit batty... worth it though

I charted for 12 months to learn about my body before trying to get PG.

The week we conceived we were in New Zealand and I didn't take my thermometer with me. By that time I had a good idea about which day I would O and new what my CM would be like as well.

That was the first month we had actually tried.

For sure!
    I charted on and off for 10 years as a means of not getting pregnant - as soon as we decided to conceive DS I was already very familiar with my cycle and my fertile signs and we fell pregnant with him literally the very first time we tried. Easy peasy.

I don't get much CM so that made it more difficult for me....

I found charting really interesting too. I always thought my periods were irregular, but when I got off the pill I started charting right away even though it was a few months before we were wanting to TTC and I found out I'm pretty much Miss Average!
    I don't know if it would've taken longer to get pg if I hadn't've charted, but certainly I found out more about fertility (ie when to BD, etc) in order to chart my cycle, and that helped a great deal. All the best and hope you get that BFP soon.

Hello & thank you for your lovely responses ladies

I am happy to hear from some more expeienced charters so thanx.

leasha & nicambaha - totally agree with your thoughts & that was what I was wondering about charting - I could imagine you could get a bit carried away and try too hard IYKWIM!!

I am feeling rather empowered and feel now that i am doing something right here - i dont think i will recover from my mc until i am preg again !! so charting at the moment to me is a wise decision - taking my temp is easy the CM analysis i find rather difficult and hope it gets easier with experience.

Thank you ever so much for responding
    AnnaBelle

Oh, it does get easier, AnnaBelle... I can tell now just from the loo paper. (Though I'm not charting atm, its just habit to look now )

My first pregnancy this year took 9 months to achieve without charting. My second took 4 cycles, my current one took I think 2 cycles so yes I think it does help. I had a feeling I would be pregnant this time (even though the timing was off as my DF and I were only just reconciling) because I saw EWCM just before BDing and I O'd the next day. I then got a temp dip on 6DPO & 7DPO so from that moment on I knew I was pregnant (as the only other cycle I had with a dip that lasted longer than a day was a pregnant one) but had to wait til I think 12DPO til I could test and confirm it.

Thanks for your encouraging words!!

Snacks - thanks that is good to know that it does get easier!!

satya - that is wonderful to know - i wish you all the best with your bub

My temp has risen from 36.6 to 36.8 to 37 over the past 3 mornings so i think ovulation has occured - hope to bd just in case again tonight (may be too late but you never know)

Have a great night & thank you
    AnnaBelle