Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ October 2006

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ October 2006

Hello all!

New month and a new beginning! Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-
    And we will endeavour to update your details ASAP. We find this works best as often information posted in the thread itself can be lost or unseen.

Name -
    State -
    My Previous Cycle Length -
    Cycle Type -
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC -
    Medications -
    Important Dates -

Current from September 2006

Name - Bobbysox (Jo)
    State - Qld
    Cycle length - 35 - 32 - 38 - 42 - 65
    Cycle Type - 1st IVF
    Months TTC - 24
    Medications - Puregon, Synaral, Pregnol
    Important dates - Egg retrieval 18/9/06 ET 21/9/06

Name - DJ (Deb)
    State - QLD
    My Previous Cycle Length -
    Cycle Type - Long Stim - IVF
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - too long to remember
    Medications - Synarel
    Important Dates - BT 27/8/06

Name - firemansgirl (Leisa)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 days
    Cycle Type - natural
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 23
    Medications - folic acid, zinc, evening primrose, herbal formula
    Important Dates - 12th April appointment with Dr Morgan, 17th May removal of endo from L ovary and lower sigmoid colon (bowel resec)
    Reasons for infertility - Adhesions (endo type)....

Name: Janee
    State: WA
    My Previous Cycle Length: 34
    Cycle Type: 1st IVF failed May 06, now natural, FET to come
    FF Link:
    Months of TTC: 2+ years
    Medications: none presently
    Important Dates:

Name:~Jane~
    State: VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length: 28
    Cycle Type: Stim
    FF Link:
    Months of TTC: 2 years +
    Medications: crinone
    Important Dates: HCG - 8 November 2006

Name - KBaby06 (Kate)
    State - WA
    My Previous Cycle Length - 29, 27, 30
    Cycle Type - natural
    FF Link - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/12321e/ttc.png
    Months of TTC - 25
    Medications - Clomid 50mg Day 2-6
    Important Dates - 27 March Gyn Apt

Name - Loula
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - ??????!
    Cycle Type IVF 5
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 42
    Medications - folic acid, zinc, Vit E, multi, herbal formula, metformin
    Important Dates 17th Sept start to take pill to down reg for cycle num 5

Name - Megan
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 - 29 - 32 - 30 - 27 - 30 - 34 - 30 - 28 - 32 - 27 - 31 - 27 - 27 - 30 - 32 - 29
    Cycle Type - Natural
    FF Link - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/9a9f8
    Months of TTC - 17 months
    Medications - None
    Important Dates - Unexplained infertility. Getting ready to undergo IVF within the next couple of months.

Name - Mel
    State - WA
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 days
    Cycle Type - FET #2, BFN
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 144
    Medications - None at the moment
    Important Dates - Next FET October

Name - Monnie
    State - WA
    My Previous Cycle Length around 28 days
    Cycle Type - natural
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC 30 months
    Medications - nil
    Important Dates 6.9.06 FS appointment

Name - Nic
    State - Qld
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28
    Cycle Type -
    FF Link - http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dc6e
    Months of TTC - 54
    Medications -
    Important Dates -

Name - Rose
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 30
    Cycle Type - IVF#2 (ICSI #1)
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 49
    Medications - lucrin, puregon, pregnyl
    Important Dates - ET 3/1/06
    Reasons for Infertility - endo, blocked left tube.

Name - SamT
    State - NT
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28, 28, 31
    Cycle Type - IVF
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 16
    Medications - Synarel
    Important Dates - Laps to remove Endo 07/01 & 11/05

Name - Sari
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28
    Cycle Type - IVF
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 36+ (4 Clomid & IUI, 3 IVF)
    Medications - Zip
    Important Dates - 28 Sept 06 - FET

Name - TwoMums (Megan)
    State - QLD
    [b]My Previous Cycle Length - 27-26-32-27 -31
    Cycle Type - IUI hopefully Nov/Dec
    Months of TTC - Assisted since June
    Medications - Elevit
    Important Dates - HSG late October

Name - Zap (Racheal)
    State - Vic
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28 - 28
    Cycle Type - Natural
    FF Link -http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/79acd
    Months of TTC - 27
    Medications - None
    Important Dates - Late November - seeing fertility doc

Last edited by sushee; October 25th, 2006 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Updates

Old thread can be found HERE

Love

WOOHOO Im first!

Now listen up ladies - this is going to be THE month! I want you all outta here and into PG land by the end of this month! Ya hear?

No more pain, hurt and misery for us - we are outta here!

Now lets get ready for the biggest mass exodus BB has ever seen!! Go Team!

LOL Keen - sounds like a great idea to me - count me in!!

~Jane~ Guest

Oh pick me, pick me. No offence guys but I really want out of here...but as long as you all come along.

Hi Guys

All of the eggs fertilised abnormally ie. they all had 3 pronuclei, doc recommended that kim not have any children...thats it for us folks!! All the very best to everyone and thank you so much for your support, i hope you all get your BFP really soon xxx

Megan and Kim

Two mums, I am so sorry that this has happened to you guys..Have you been through your options?? PGD? Donor egg? I was really hoping all would go so well for you! Stay strong guys, love and hugs leis xx

Megan & Kim..so sorry to hear your news. Like Leis said, are there other options out there for you? Huge hugs...

Nic

Megan & Kim...really sad to hear your news. Take care of yourselves. Thinking of you both

Megan & Kim, so so sorry to read your news. :hugs: Will you be considering any other options?
    I was really hoping this would work for you girls this time around.

Megan and kim i am very sorry to hear your news and am thinking of you both.

~Jane~ Guest

Oh Megan and Kim, I am so sorry this has happened and DH and I are thinking of you both.

cazzoom Guest

Hi everyone

I use to be a regular poster on this board, especially when going through IVF cycle # 1 and 2 but before heading into # 3 I got myself a job and have found it really hard to get into work and keep up with posts etc!!!!

Anyway I read through some posts and decided I would love to come back if you will have me!

I just had my OPU yesterday for IVF # 5.
    I wont go into my long detailed history but here is a short version.........

We tried for 7 years 7 months before getting our first BFP through cycle # 6 of ovulation induction mixed with IUI. I m/c at 5 weeks. we did 3 more for a total of 8.

I decided to give up TTC altogether and lo and behold I ended up with a natural BFP in Jan 05 another m/c at 5 weeks and there the pattern started. Feb, March and May 05 the same thing BFP at 4 weeks m/c at 5 weeks.

I decided to go see a doctor as it appeared my problem getting pregnant was no longer a problem!

I went to MIVF this time and I was told I needed to do IVF to stay pregnant so we decided to go for it!
    IVF # 1 I only got three eggs but it worked...... but again was short lived and I m/c at 5 weeks. The second IVF didnt work at all even though we got 6 eggs and 2 embies.
    The third IVF worked too from 8 eggs we got 2 embies and a BFP but I m/c again at 5 weeks and had totally stumped the doctor! We decided to try again and we only got 3 eggs but again it worked and this time my HCG went up and up but it was very irregular and at the 6 week scan we found the bub had died days earlier and I ended up having a D & C...... which didnt work and 2 weeks later I actually passed the tissue which was extremely painful

So here we are again we had our OPU yesterday and only got 4 eggs! I have a time for transfer so we at least got one embryo which is good! I am also getting booster shots of pregnyl and am going on heparin twice a day to see if that helps.

We hope and pray that this works. I am struggling to decide if I could go through this again. We are also considering donor eggs...... I already have a donor if that is the way we go! We dont know if that would help so its somthing we have to really think about as we really dont know the reason why I keep miscarrying! I dont want to make this time miscarriage # 10

On the subject of donors.......... does anyone know anything about embryo donation. I know someone who wants to donate their embryos but they want to know more about it.
    Questions like....

Has anyone has done it or received it? Is it anonymous or not in australia. And what kind of checks they do on the receiving couple and how long is the waiting list. AND finally how many embryos do a couple get & how many cycles with the embryos if it doesnt work
    Can you pick someone to receive them? etc

I know it sounds strange when I could be the one receiving these embies but I am related to them and it would be just too awkward to use them and they would not want that anyway!

Any one can point me in the right direction would be most grateful!

OKay so that turned out quite long but I hope you guys will have me here

Cazz

Megan & Kim - Honies, Im so very sorry. That must be so hard. I will be holding out hope for you guys, still..

Cazz - nice to see you back, although wish it were for better reasons, of course As far as donors go - I am assuming you are talking about not just an egg or sperm but a sperm donor that fertilises a donated egg? Well, Im not sure about the details of how it all goes - but I am sure that it is not anonymous in NSW, although Im pretty sure it may be different in other states. Im pretty sure, but dont quote me, that the receiving couple need to find the donors themself...

Of course, Im not 10% sure of much of that and unsure of the answers to the other questions.... except for
    but I hope you guys will have me here
    - of course we will!!

Hi Girls

Its amazing what a little research can do, i have been busily looking into ICSI and 3 pronuclei embryo's and seems they are related!! So it may not have been Kim's eggs's at all! The details are on my blog, but basically they can be due to excessive disruption of the oolemma when the needle penetrates the egg.

Regardless of why it happened, Kim and I did not consent to ICSI and if we had not have asked to speak to the scientist after the EPU, we would never have known...

She came into recovery and the first thing she said was "Hi, my name is ..... and I am your scientist, I have just finished stripping your eggs for ICSI and there are two mature eggs and one we arent sure of so we are going to inject it anyway"...

I said, but we didnt ask for ICSI...Why do we need ICSI??? She said, "oh, well, your doctor ordered it" [LIE] and i said "but why, we don't need it"...and she said "probably because of your poor fertilisation rate before" [LIE] and i said "but these aren't my eggs they are kims, she is my donor and if i wanted ICSI i wouldnt have bothered using a donor"...she just said she would look into it.

They keep saying that it could only be a good thing but of course they would say that to cover their buts. If i wanted ICSI i would have asked for ICSI and Doc DID NOT order it, i asked him and he was totally unaware...but apparently "the board" of the fertility clinic have "decided" to perform ICSI on all cycles using donor sperm "for free" due to 1. a lack of donor sperm and 2. them having to lower their standards for donors and accepting donors with lower counts and less than optimal quality...because of the change in legislation regarding anonymity.

I mean if i were to consider ICSI, i would have used it on my own eggs first...but for personal reasons my choice is NOT to use ICSI...mainly due to my belief in "Natural Selection" and the fact that i don't have Male Factor Infertility.... Still If i chose it for poor fertilisation rates, i would have used my own eggs first if at all...but the fact remains they are using ICSI for their own benefit not mine...

I have made a complaint but am seriously considering taking legal action as they did not have written or verbal consent and it goes against any of the Minimum Standards for use of ICSI and i quote said Minimum Standards...

"ICSI is to be a clinical decision made in advance and it is not appropriate for the matter to be raised with the patients for the first time in the emergency situation, especially by laboratory staff on the day of oocyte retrieval. Emergency ICSI is to be allowed only if this possibility has been foreshadowed and discussed at the time of clinical examination and counselling, so that the patients are able to give effective consent to the procedure."

I am thinking about changing FS and looking into Tubal Flushing with Lipadol and using IUI with Clomid and Donor Sperm from the USA which is of a very high standard. So girls i haven't given up, I am just getting started...
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; October 8th, 2006 at 01:46 PM.

Wow - Megan and kim you are really doing the next positive step i think you are on the right track and i really dont know anything about ICSI or IUI! I would be as mad as you both must be at the moment, and myself having trouble in the past with clinic communication i understand how you must be feeling. Sometimes it amazes me that these prople are playing with our lives.

Good luck with your next project

xx

Megan and Kim - I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out this cycle :hugs: but it's great that you're not giving up altogether. I think it's pretty disgraceful that ICSI was done without your consent - it seems like a fine ethical line to start treading, especially when we're talking about creating human beings.

Cazz - with respect to the embryo donation, DH and I were told that once we'd used as many embryos as we wanted to, we were able to choose to either discard our excess embryos, donate anonymously or to donate with our details being available if the receiving couple wanted to access them.

Good for you Megan and Kim... I am so glad you are taking a stand against the ICSI decision... sometimes these guys forget they are playing with peoples emotions and lives here.... People who work in this industry sometimes become 'hardened' to what they are dealing with, every now and then they need to take a step back and give themselves a reality check... Good for you guys, I am proud of you...... love leis xx

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast