Thread: Disacarding temp?

mel79 Guest

Question Disacarding temp?

Hi this is my 2nd month temping and charting and i just have a question.
    Last sat i forgot to take my temp before getting out of bed to attend to my daughter then i went to the loo and got back in bed i then took my temp and it was already about 1 and half hrs after the time i ususally take my temp should i just discard it? As when this temp is there it makes my o day fri and i am pretty sure that i didnt o untill sat or sun as i had ewcm for those days and mon (tmi sorry) and had nothing before that so i guess thats what i am asking is is this temp ok or should i discard it?

As BBT is really supposed to be taken before u do anything else i would probably discard it as being accurate. Perhaps include it but make a note that it isn't accurate and say why. Some of the other more experienced charters may be able to give u some other advice too

If it is a REALLY whacky temp then you may possibly need to discard it at a later date if it appears to be stopping the software from giving you lines. If it is slightly whacky but still relatively in line with other temps around it, or your normal temp at that time of your cycle then leave it be for now at least.

Personally, I'd do what Rae suggests for now and leave it in but make a note in the notes section about what, where and why so you can look back and have a clearer understanding later. I use the notes section a lot to record anything unusual which might happen or to explain earlier or later temp times or strange symptoms etc.

If that temp is COMPLETELY out of line then discard it. Far better to do that than have it completely skew your cycle.

Lisa

mel79 Guest

Thanx guys for your replys that temp is alot higher than all the ones around it and compared to last month is higher also. My temp dropped yesterday and went higher today to hopefully i stays up now and as i have been taking my temps right since that happened without walking around for about 15 mins before remembering to take my temp i am inclined to discard it i think

Seriously, I wouldn't until you are sure that it is going to make a difference. It may have no effect whatsoever.

FF recommends that you not discard temps at all no matter how way out they are. Remember too that although you may have a regular "range" of temps, each month is different and given that you took it at a different time under different circumstances, that is why it would vary from last month as well.

Lisa