Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is having EWCM a sign of ovulation?

BabyLove Guest

Default Is having EWCM a sign of ovulation?

Hi, im confused! Besides monitoring your temperature is EWCM a sign that you have allready ovulated and therefore have missed the boat or is it a sign that O is around the corner??? Please help i dont know how to track and dont want to take my temps just yet!

If you are having EWCM, I would be get in there and getting a bit of baby making happening it is your most fertile CM. Goodluck.

Love

Off ya go Babylove!! Seeya in a few days lol!

Yep - ewcm is a great sign that O is near.

Hope you hit the jackpot!

Best wishes

BabyLove Guest

Thanks for the quick replies girls!!!!! =D> Well we BD on the day I saw EWCM which was last SUnday (13th March)- my last period was on the 25th Feb so im due again for AF this Friday (my cycles are usually b/w 30-31 days so i guess i will be testing if no AF shows by then!!!! 5 days of waiting to go!!!! #-o

GOOD LUCK!!!

Sounds like your timing was great!

Hope you get that BFP on Friday (or so!!)

Best wishes

Hi guys i was just wondering - how can you tell what CM looks like if you are having frequent BD - doesn't DH "product" (TMI) confuse the matter a little?

Sal Guest

Hi AJ,

Yes, semen can be confused with EWCM. Most charting handbooks say that unless you are a really experienced charter, to not put EWCM down if you BD'd the day before. But I find that advice silly - we are supposed to be BDing when our CM is fertile!

I find that I can tell the difference...EWCM is more clear and jelly-like, plus it can be stretched repeatedly, where semen is cloudy and while it can be stretched, it won't stretch out repeatedly, nor will it stretch anywhere near as far as EWCM.

Hope that helps!

Also, I've read that if you put a small sample into a glass of water, CM will clump together and sink whilst semen will dissolve.

HTH.

Thanks sleeby and Angel - was just something that was a bit confusing for me - thanks for clearing it up a bit - i think that i will just go with the b'ding and not worry to much about the ewcm - when i get there... AF still not arrived so still waiting to start clomid...

BabyLove Guest

Hi back again!!!!!
    Im sooooooooo nervous. Its day 32 and i really dont feel like AF is coming!!!!!!!! we BD on day 13th so i suppose there is a good chance of a BFP soon! But i suppose im only a day late so far........patience persists!
    Oh and i have been feeling hot and sweaty and flushed - weird!

Good luck, BabyLove!! When are you planning on testing?

Ooooh good luck, Babylove.

Good luck Babylove [-o<

:bdust: dust: and big Babylove - goodluck !!!!

BabyLove Guest

I had the worst day today [-( I got up this morning with the worst period pains ever yet, no period!!!! To cut a long story short i ended up in hospital as my blood pressure had dropped way too low and doc instructed i needed further attention!!! (He was worried of an ectopic pregnancy, but HGC came in later as negative) So i spent half of the day in Hospital #-o Diagnosis was basically bad period pain due to high stress levels as i had hypertension!!!
    I think i might give BD a 2 month rest while my body recovers and i learn to RELAX - my family get me very stressed out. Thought i would fill u all in!

:hugs: to you Babylove. Hope you feel better soon.

Luv Sam

Awwww so sorry babylove
    Good idea about having a break, sounds like you need it.

babylove.

Hope you feel better soon, and hope you have a relaxing break from TTC for a couple of months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast