Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you got your first AF?

I remember clearly being on Year 7 camp when my first period happened, about a week before my 12th birthday. We'd only been at high school for 2 weeks before we went on this camp, so not just was it scary first every high school camp with strange kids I didn't know, but scary first time period with strange teachers I didn't know! I remember being a bit hysterical. I needed supplies from them, and to add insult to injury, I couldn't do all the water activities on the camp!! :P

I was almost 15 and one of the last in my grade!!! I remember a girl at school got them at the beginning of grade 4, so she would of been 9 or 10?? These days though, girls normally get them in year 7...

oh yes, i remember at school not being able to go swimming as i was still using pads and wasnt comfortable putting a tampon in me!!! (at that stage anyway!) so i remember having to make up excuses whenever i had my AF and it was swimming classes arrrrgh! and i was a good swimmer so i"m sure the teachers would have known what was going on with me (embarrassing).

I remember with my first period, i had the worst cramps and thought i was going to die!!!! lol remember sitting at lunch time with my friends and i was too embarrassed or scared to tell any of them even tho i'm sure most of them had already had their first period before me lol

a week after my 13th bday!!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

HAHA every girl would use the period excuse for swimming...we had to have a letter usually to state why we couldnt attend swimming, and the girls would always pull out the period excuse to the male teachers coz they knew they would get away with it!
    My best friend and i were synced, so we had our periods same day of the month haha...til i went on the pill.

I was in year 7, so 12 years of age. By 15 I'd had my first ovarian cyst removed (yeah - probably TMI!!)

I was a few months short of my 11th birthday. I'd been swimming with a friend and when I changed noticed the spotting. Although Mum and I had discussed AF and prepared with pads etc, I still freaked out that i was bleeding. I didn't tell her for the rest of the day until I broke down at dinner time. It was the summer school holidays and I was so glad my brothers were away so they wouldn't tease me.

The good thing to come from this was Mum decided that if I was old enough for AF I was old enough to get my ears pierced which I had been asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbaz View Post

I was early in every department...boobies were huge by yr 6...
    hey you could be my sister(if I didn't have 3 brothers)Boobs were bigger than other girls in grade 6 and AF started end of grade 6 year, major target of teasing which I now know was jealousy from others, hey they were welcome to it!!! I can't remember that time as being a particuarly pleasant one.
    I do remember leaving the school bus with the jumper tied around the waist after leaking (total mortification) and the whispers and teasing from this in grade 7, as if starting a whole new High school with non of my primary school classmates wasn't enough.

I too was a late bloomer got mine at 16

I was 12, and so excited... that didn't last long though!!!!!!!!

and i was 12 almost 13yrs old when i got mine!

I got mine in grade 5, 3 months before my 10th bday. Went to the office and told them i was "sick" and to call my dad (my dad raised me had nothing to do with my mum til i was 11) when dad picked me up i told him what was wrong and he was like "Huh? Your only nine" he had no idea what the heck to do, so off to my aunty's it was and dad went and bought me lollies and chocolate and we veged out haha

I was 12 and in year 6 it was October 1996 nice present for finishing primary school, i was an early bloomer compared to my friends both in primary school & high school. My Boobie's started developing around the same time also, felt so embarassed but it was a top excuse for not doing PE or swimming etc .

I was 11 and luckily mum had had 'the talk' to me about what to expect. Mum and Dad were out at the time but I have two older sisters who helped me out.

Spring

I was 12 when I got mine, don't really remember the exact day but Mum did say that I could stay home from school if I wanted to

Grade 5, so 10.

I knew what they were as i had seen mum's pads and stuff. But she never gave me the "talk". Mine started as really bad period pains for about 6 weeks prior. Then one day at school i went to the toilet and my undies were covered in brown discharge. I thought my bum was bleeding!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

I went home from school that afternoon rehearsing what i was going to say too mum. She was helping my younger sister with her homework so i just mosied on up to her and said "Mum, you know that blood thing you get?" This got her attention quick smart! And then i said "I think i have it!".

She tried to get me to take my undies off in front of her for ages but i was to embarassed. Finally she said "I will turn my back while you take your undies off and leave them on the bed so i can have a look". Sure enough, it was my period.

She gave me one of her "surfboards" temporarily and rushed me off too the supermarket to get some more. I literally felt like i had a surfboard between my legs. Thank god for ultra-slims!

After that I was taken to Family Planning for a talk about all things girly.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

I was 16 when I got AF and had absolutely no BB's to speak of, got my first bra in year 9 and was feeling ripped off completely/ Then bang just before my 17th birthday I suddently grew this set of D cups and was equally mortified! My body weight did not change I just sloped forward more!!!PMSL

some ppl say it can be hereditary, as my sisters and mum and aunties and grandma all got their first AF around age 13-15 aswell.
    Also if you played alot of sports at school, which i did, they say that can delay your first periods also!?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast