Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you got your first AF?

Gee Ray Ray you are lucky!

well i was in year 7 one day and woke up to find my undies had brown blood in them , i kinda knew what it was and didnt tell any one , it only lasted one day , but then it came back in year 8 , the 2nd term i think and i had got mine and a frined told me she got hers too ... but my mum didnt really tell me about it ... and to this day i still am too embarrassed to tell her if i am in pain because of them or if i have them ... too embarrising ...

Slightly OT - I also remember being very shocked that I got underarm hair. Have no idea why as Mum had it. I thnk I just didn't realise that the models in magazines shaved/waxed. I just didn't think everyone got it LOL!!

I was 9 and a half . I was at my grand mothers place, so I didn't tell anyone. I got my second one a few months later, told my mum who didn't tell me anything and sent me to school (grade 5) with tissues, because my oldest sister didn't have any pads etc, nice hey! Definately not the way I will handle it with my DD.
    Last edited by Meluchja; January 9th, 2008 at 12:09 PM.

I would have been 13. All my friends had theirs. I didn't tell my mum for years. It wasn't until she came out and asked me herself. She never talked about any of that stuff. She wa also one that never said I love you, or give hugs and kisses etc. Funny because she does to DS!!!

I was 11 & was wearing a bra before I turned 12. I used to get AF so bad I couldn't move & had to miss school alot because of it. My older sister helped me (6 yrs older) & she also introduced me to tampons as mum only supplied the big old surfboards hahaha

Both mum and i dreaded the day my sister got hers. She has a learning disability and usually doesnt understand pain and blood. But she has handled it really well, from what i know of
    My 2 younger sisters have learning disabilitys aswell but they have both managed to handle it really well aswell.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

The only issue my mum has with my sister when she gets it is she doesnt tell mum, so mum only finds out once her undies are soaked (She hasnt grasped putting a pad on herself)
    And unfortunately she cant go on the pill or anything to regulate her periods because she has epilepsy as well.

mummycate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post
    Slightly OT - I also remember being very shocked that I got underarm hair. Have no idea why as Mum had it. I thnk I just didn't realise that the models in magazines shaved/waxed. I just didn't think everyone got it LOL!!
    Same here! I was in grade seven and some of the girls were really mean (all the time actually) and made fun of it. Mum didn't help much, so I used mum's razor as "I was too young to shave".

yeah, i was also a late one. i was 15 and a half. i developed early at 12 and got lots of stick from the boys at school...

I got them in the school holidays (January) between year 6 and year 7 so would have been 12.5, my twin sister got them later that year, about August I think, so she was 13.
    My Mum didn't get hers until she was 16, but then started menopause early at 40.

I was 8 when I got my first period. I was 9 when I got them regularly (it was about 9 months between my first & 2nd)

Roudysmum Guest

WoW i was a real late bloomer i didnt get mine till i was 16 and im still waiting for my boobs lol, i have to have babies to develop any and then they vanish when i stop breast feeding.

I was in year 6, i was 12 and i had massive boobs for my age! (still do woo hoo!!) lol

I was twelve, and boobs came about the same time. HATED both. I didn't tell my mom for a very long time. Just snuck the pads down to my bathroom and washed any stained underwear by hand before throwing them in the laundry. I don't know why. Strange really. She had told me a little about it before hand, and I had read plenty myself, so I wasn't shocked or confused, but I still was absolutely mortified whenever it came. I hope I can find a way to make it easier on my DDs.

I was 11, last day of grade 6. It's actually a funny story ( wasn't at the time of course ), I told my best friend and another overheard me and decided she would tell everyone! Ended up being a huge fight between all the grade 6 girls and half of us ended up in the principals office! When asked what it was all about I had to step forward and say, to the male prinicpal, 'I got my period and "she" told everyone"! How stupid! But I'll never forget that day, all those years ago.....

I was 13.. I got mine the day before my uncle died (he was like a 2nd dad).. will never forget the date!!! 4th march... my dad told me he had a present in the car for me.. when I went to the car & looked it was a packet of pads LMAO.. I was gutted.. so much for a present LOL...

As for boobs.. I think I am going to have to buy them if I am to ever have boobs... I never increased in size even wehn pregnant LOL...

I got mine on christmas day! and I remember my brothers paying me out saying, as if that's santa got me. It was between year 7 and 8 so i would have just been 13

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast