Thread: How to plan baby #2 when AF still hasn't returned?

Question How to plan baby #2 when AF still hasn't returned?

When I was 3 months PG with Caeleb, DH was diagnosed with testicular cancer. They removed one of his testicals and was he was given a couple rounds of chemo. We were told there was the possibility that it may make him infertile, so he some semen stored before the surgery.

Consequently, we don't know if DH is sterile or not. If he is, we'll go down the IVF path. Either way, we'd like to start to TTC some time in the new year. My problem is, AF hasn't returned yet and I'd like to start charting again for a few months before we start TTC again.

Can you chart when AF hasn't returned? Is there another method to tell where your body is at?

Celsie. xoxox

Last edited by Celsie; November 11th, 2007 at 09:04 PM.

hey Celsie!

YAY for thinking about baby # 2!! DF asked when we're starting again! LOL

Anyway, I've got no idea what you can do. I've had AF once nearly 2 months ago now. Are you breast feeding? Maybe just start charting, start your cycle with todays date and just take your temps and see if you can see a pattern.. if you have a drop followed by a rise of 3 days then maybe you ovulated???

LOL well they are just my thoughts.. been a while since this charting business!! Im planning to go without the charting with the next one

Thanks for the reply Veronica!

DH has been hinting for baby number 2 since Caeleb was born! LOL - I think he's just so happy and in love with Caeleb, that he thinks two would be twice as nice!

I think that's a really good idea. The only problem for me is the broken sleep will stuff up the temp. But, I guess it's still worth a try as Caeleb only wakes once in the night for a feed.

Only a little over a month till your wedding! How exciting!!!

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. I've just worked out that you were 13 when I got married! OMG!!!

Aww thats so sweet! I am sure DF would love to start right now but I want to enjoy Avaleigh for a while longer. I am thinking of trying again when she is 12 - 18 mnths.

When does Caeleb wake for his night feed? As long as you get 3 hours of solid sleep before you take your temp then that should be fine!

Great question Celsie. I've been wondering exactly the same thing although we are going to start trying until middle of next year but I must admit that has been playing on my mind as to whether it will affect how long I b/f my little princess for.
    Can't wait to hear suggestions.

sunshineab Guest

*bumping up thread*

I Charted without getting AF after having Violet. I saw that I Oed 5 days before getting my 1st AF postpartum.

Celsie!

DITTO on how to ttc without AF post partum...
    we are trying to figure this out too.
    i did a post but no one responded to mine so i will be interested to read yours...

DD is only feeding between 6am and 9pm - 5 feeds a day - we havent been night feeding for about a month ish now and still waiting..... some say that is what happens to bring af back.

I have no idea about this charting and temping as we fell using maybe baby...

sunshineab Guest

Tanya~Do you have a chart to share so we can see your temp pattern?

Princessmya~DD has been eating from 8am-9pm about 5 feeds a day since 1.5 months and is not almost 7 months and still no AF

Yep, just hang on I will find it....

Wow sunshine lucky you to have no night feeds since 6 weeks!

I think they say it is because of the abrupt reduction in feeds ie - 2-3 hourly 24 hrs a day to 4th hourly in day hours... but then i could be wrong...

Isnt it frustrating not getting AF (would we ever hear ourselves say that!!!!!!!!!)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/78410.html

It's all over the place because I was just seeing what my body was up to and not temping everyday nor at the same time.

sunshineab Guest

Tanya~Thank you so much for sharing that!
    My chart ranges from 96.2-97.3....seems so low. I was charting cm before temps (just got a thermometer) and was wondering how normal that was lol
    Charting Home Page - FertilityFriend.com

Princessmya~I do feel lucky....but I know Im not out of the woods yet
    I said those same words to a friend the other day and then laughed at myself....who thought I would ever think this way! lol

Sunshine... Your chart shows O for CD15, but I wouldn't take that as concrete... You may have, but to me it doesn't look all that obvious.
    There is no real '"normal" when it comes to temping, so don't stress about your temps being too high or too low. You'll get to know your temps best after a couple of cycles