Thread: Husband a bit funny about temping, anyone else?

Default Husband a bit funny about temping, anyone else?

Hi all,
    I started temping this cycle and DH wasn't too comfortable with the fact I would roll over and check my temp before shooting off to the loo every morning. I think he feels like its a sign that I am obsessed or something. And because you have to temp before you get up there was no way around it, so I just stopped. Can anyone offer any advice to get around this issue, or is it just something I cant do. It took a lot of time for DH to come around to the idea so I don't want to push him on it too far, incase he changes his mind.

I have 8 days till AF is due, and I have no idea about how I am going. But at the same time I am also just looking to the heavens and saying to God, that he will let me know when he is ready for this to happen.

Hi Puppies, my DH was a bit like this when I started temping to and I would feel stupid and obsessed everytime i pulled out the thermometer. What I did was tell him that I was doing it from more a medical view point, to see if my cycles were 'healthy' and that there were no problems with me etc. Taking my temps are taught me a lot about my body.
    Once I explained this he seemed more curious as to how my temps are going.

If he is still 'annoyed' by it then just temp until you o and then stop. At least that way you know that you had a good chance at catching the egg and if you know your lp then you will know if you are late or not.

Hi Puppies

My DH was the same!! He said i was taking all the fun out of having a baby.. however i thought it was in a different way part of the fun, all my other TTC buddies were temping and it sort of gave me something to do while i was TTC to keep me occupied. And it felt like i was still doing something constructive, like even if a cycle was unsuccessfull, i would still get something out of noticing drops in temp etc... IYKWIM

I would try and talk to your DH and just let him know that this is just something you want to try out for a while, it cant hurt anyone and if you are happy to poke a thermometer in your mouth every morning for fun, you can!!! LOL You can say at least your not making HIM do it!! LOL

I was silly and bought a thermometer that beeped!! LOL Heaven forbid the days when DH wanted a sleep in and i sat there beeping doing my temps!! LOL It was quite funny!!! I got very good at checking the temp and turning it off!! LOL

Good luck with your TTC and i hope you get to stop temping soon because you are up the duff!!

Take care
    StarBright

My ex hated it when I temped. My DF didn't exactly like it but when I explained why I needed to do it he tolerated it. Temping was what alerted me to a possible pregnancy just 18 days into my cycle. I had a short cycle so O'd around day 12 & got a major temp dip at 6DPO & 7DPO so I pretty much knew from then. I could then test nice and early, I think at 10DPO and I got a BFP, so I think it's well worth doing.