Thread: Impatient Woman has questions

Default Impatient Woman has questions

Good morning!

I am an old member who has not been around for a long time. I wanted an October 2008 baby, and this is the month for me.

I realise I sound a bit silly when so many ladies TTC for a long time, but I have been lucky enough to fall pregnant in a short time frame. This is the exact cycle I want to fall pregnant and I am getting so caught up in wanting this BFP.

I just wanted to ask a question that is eating at me. My temps have been up since ovulation, but this morning dropped low (I think I am roughly 7 DPO). My first thought (without a lot of knowledge of temping and so forth) was that I am not pregnant cause it shouldn't drop.

I have been reading the threads in Charting Your Cycle and am now wondering if it perhaps could have been an implantation type dip or a bad (for lack of a better word) temp reading. I was up during the night 12.30am to 2pm with my daughter. Wasn't sure if I could get a bad reading from that, or if it is too early for an implantation dip.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. I am not a patient person and waiting to do the test is awful. I am trying not to get my hopes up, cause I want it so bad! Plus I feel a little anal. Can I say that word? Ooops.

Thanks!
    Gaildc

sounds like implantation dip, fingers crossed

It's about the right time for an implantation dip.
    Disturbances during the night will affect your temps but they will usually cause the temp to be up a bit, not to dip.
    Implantation occurs most often between 6-10dpo so you'd be right in the timeframe.
    Good luck for your October bub! Libran's rock (DS and I are both Librans so I'm a bit biased )

thank you for your replies! I am loving the idea of the implantation dip, so I will keep my fingers crossed also. Will see what happens tomorrow and so on.
    Please come to us little October baby!

hi gail

Was it a big dip? I agree could definitely be an implantation dip - post the next couple of days and let us know - your temp should go back up and hover around there if AF is not coming.

Sounds like you might just scrape in for an october baby

Good luck

Yesterday the temp was still around the 35.x (can't recall and didn't write it down cause I was upset/cross). I didn't check my temp this morning, I think I have mostly given up. With two days of low temps I am guessing that we won't be having an October baby.

If we were successful, it would be October as I have my babies a little early. I have been so tired and have little oomph in me to hold much hope. I will get over my little slump in mood and then move on again.

Good luck and best wishes to SamiH, Tobily and bettyboop.
    Enjoy your week.

An update - it must have been all good. I am pregnant!

I stopped taking temps and forgot about it as I had resigned myself to not being pregnant. I had a tiny bleed then nothing. I realised that nothing lasted a week and I normally would have AF. I thought I would take my temp this morning and if it was above 36 I would do a HPT.

I couldn't sleep as I was so excited, and did the test at 2am. Positive result came up quite fast and I am already booked into my obstetrician. I love my guy and didn't want to miss out.

Anyhoo, I am very happy and thought I would let you know and thanks for the advice before.

Yay!! Congratulations Gail that's wonderful

Wishing you and little one a happy and healthy nine months