Thread: Luteal Phase Length

Default Luteal Phase Length

I thought that the luteal phase needed to be 14 days no matter how long the cycle. But ff gave me an O day (with dotted lines) and it was only 9 days til my af arrived.

Does that sound right???
    Doesnt it make the possibility of implantation harder with a LP that short???
    Im still new to this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

i think your LPhase has to be at least 10 + days longer for implantation to take place- it is not possible otherwise if your Luteral Phase is not long enough
    a bit out of touch with charting, but pretty sure this is correct
    HTH
    odette

Thanks Odette, Im hoping FF is wrong and I was sure it was 14 days, but only time will tell I guess.

Luteal phase length is individual (like cycle length) but generally is from 12-16 days, though can be longer or shorter but I think that means there may be a problem with progesterone, and can inhibit implantation. Also, you can't pinpoint ovulation to 14 days before AF came, because it depends on your hormones, not counting the days.

It just makes charting so much more confusing doesn't it!

sure does leasha. I have just been playing around with overide and overlay and there is definately a pattern to what is happening. so if i get af tomorrow that will clear some things up for me. but its just so confusing. i will be temping vaginally next cycle and then if there is still no definate sign of ov or my lp is looking too short i will go to the doc. i cant afford to wait and chart for too long. i am already 34.....tick tock!!!

if you compare the two charts from day 55 on the long one and day 14 on the short one there is a pattern (well... at least i think there is)Im not saying they are my O days but it seems like they start to look the same from there....
    Last edited by myson; April 4th, 2008 at 01:08 PM.

I am interested in this discussion. May I join in?
    I thought I felt implantation cramps over the course of 4 days last week. But by Saturday the specific cramping disappeared along with my hopes. I am wondering if perhaps implantation was attempted and failed. Can this happen and if so is it caused by my LP phase being too short or my Progesterone levels being too low? How can you check this, based on my symptoms I started feeling what I thought to be implantation cramping 8DPO. I am expecting AF either today or on Wednesday if its going to go to 28 days. What could be the other causes of implantation failure? Wow sorry there are quiet a few questions in this post...
    I appreciate anyone being able to respond. Thanks in advance.

not sure if i can help you here puppies. i am still learning myself. But i didnt know that cramping was a sign of implantation. I mean we are talking about a cell structure the size of a pin head. Even implantation bleeds are only generally a couple of spots of blood, if at all. i know some women swear that they know the exact moment it happens but in my own experience of early pregancy (4 times) there were no physical indications of pregnancy at all until i got to around 6 weeks and felt ill. Sorry probably not much help to you.

Well AF arrived this morning, so I guess a 27 day cycle is not too bad. I will chart a bit better this cycle to try and get more accurate with when ovulation occurs.
    Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Sorry you missed out puppies. Maybe next time :hugs: