Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short Luteal Phase

Default Short Luteal Phase

I have a concern which is only getting worse..

I had some great prego symtoms this cycle (but then again when dont I)...

My question is I have AF (got her this morning) she is really heavy (which is unusual) and quiet painful..and I am only 10DPO. My luteal phase appears to be getting shorter. My last cycle I started to spot at 11 dpo and got her ful force and about 13 dpo (which is unusual - usually I would spot at 13 DPO and get full force on 14 dpo)

My cycle is usuall 30-32 days but this time is only 26. I am so verry confused and worried that my body is going spastic...

I have been of the pill for about 12 months..

Should I be concerned has anyone else had this??? Please anything to put my mind at ease would be greatly appreciated

Hi Kyliekd

Are you under stress at the moment? Stress does terrible things to your body. Stress sent my cycle out of whack (very long & lots of spotting) after my first m/c and after my second m/c I've had terrible trouble clenching my jaw in my sleep (I thought I was getting a second set of wisdoms I was in that much pain). I honestly think that if you are even remotely concerned that you should chat to your GP. Last year my GP referred me to a gyno who ran a few tests and really put my mind at ease. Everyone's bodies are so complex and so different so I would probably see what a doc has to say. If there is a problem they will find it and fix it - if not they'll put your mind at ease & your cycle will probably go back to normal in no time.

Good luck!

Kyliekd - one more thing. I just noticed your weight ticker and good for you you're doing great. Have you lost the weight quickly because sometimes extreme weight loss can affect your cycle. I know someone who lost a heap of weight and their cycle disappeared for a few months (came back of course).

Hey Kylie,

My body's done something similar after being off contraception for just over 12 months. I was on depo though.
    I went from 28 days cycles down to 21 (what they were pre baby) now back up to 26-28.

I did find that when my LP got really short a herb called vitex helped. I was prescribed by a naturopath though.

You have done a fantastic job with the weightloss and your hormone levels may still be adjusting.....

i was on depo as well, not for long though, only the 3 months that it lasts, but i bleed for 6 months.....after that i temped my cycle only to have a very short luteal phase of 9days....i started taking vitex the next cycle as i heard it can help your lengthen your luteal phase......and i feel pregnant that cycle to my surprise.

Hi Kyliekd,
    how are you going with your LP. I just found your thread after searching "short luteal phase" I have just finished a cycle with a 10 day LP and the one before was 9 days. I wonder if it can take it bit to get to the right length after contraception???? I had implanon for 6 yrs. And is vitex better or B6... or something else?

hope you have managed to find what will help you out....

myson - I just found this thread again myself. My LP last month was 11 days then the cycle that just ended yesterday it was only 10 days. Hmmm - not happy. I'm going to take B6 as I'm also on clomid and apparently vitex is not recommended when you are taking clomid.

Thanks AJC. I hope it works for you GL. Are you on clomid because of your short LP or for other fertility reasons? Dont mean to be nosey...

You're not nosey myson. It's great to share stories and experiences with other people in here. I guess I have unexplained infertility - ttc for nearly 2 yrs with 2 x unexplained m/c, lots and lots and lots of tests which all say that my body is functioning normally - short LP so yes the clomid is mainly just to give my hormones a helping hand. I do O on my own but ob just thought I needed a little help. Just went to pharmacy to get my B6 tablets and the first one just went down the shute - fingers crossed. Good luck to you!

Kyliekd - hope things are going well for you.

Your story sounds a lot like mine ajc. ttc for nearly 2 yrs for both my girls with 2 x unexplained m/c.
    Will take my first b6 tonight. Hope it works for us both

myson - for you.

Here's to the B6

So it was just 3rd & 4th time lucky for you? Sorry to hear of your losses.

I can't wait to be pg again, I had a bad feeling with my second pg from but something inside me just tells me that it's going to be ok next time. Here's hoping.

Thanks for the bluedust!!! And lots for you too!!

I had the 2 m/c's over 12 years ago. And then two girls, now aged 10 and 7. Dh then decided after that he didnt want anymore, I went along with it (reluctantly) then 6 months ago he realized I still really REALLY wanted one more. So he said " didnt know you still felt so strongly about it ... ok, lets try again" .... yay! So here we go.

Hey guys I forgot about this thread.

I have been taking B6 and have had a LP of 12 days and then 13 so it seems to be working for me. Which I am Very happy about

I have taken Vitex before and found that it stuffed by cycle more than it helped so I would wholeheartedly try the B6.

Good Luck all

Hey Kylie. We were posting at the same time. Thanks for the update. Glad its working for you... hopefully it will for us too! GL

I wasnt keen to try vitex just yet. So thanks for the info.

Kylie - glad the B6 is working for you. Good luck and hope to see a BFP for you soon :goodluck2:

Kyliekd the exact same thing happened to me when I came off Depo. After a year of no BC, my LP was only 9-10 days every month and it was soooo frustrating. I started B6 and my LP immediately went up to 13-14 days. We TTC for 6 months then I started Vitex. I never got a chance to see if the Vitex affected my LP though as I fell Pg that month. Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you,

Hi twinsister. Thanks for that. AND what and absolutley adorable little boy..... cluck cluck cluckity cluck from me!!!!

Hi Kylie - I'm glad the B6 is helping with lengthening your LP. I had a shortish LP (I don't think it's officially short unless it's under 10 days though) and conception did not come easily to me. I'm glad your avoiding Vitex as I can see it's been recommended to you here. I had two early losses whilst taking it and as soon as I went off it I got a sticky bub so I wouldn't touch it again with a 10 foot barge pole. The net is full of anecdotal evidence of early losses being linked to Vitex use - many women find they lose bubs as soon as they stop taking it and as it's not recommended during pregnancy you have no choice but to stop it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast