Thread: Maybe Baby showed partial ferning but I have AF? Huh?

Default Maybe Baby showed partial ferning but I have AF? Huh?

Anyone shed some light on this one cause I am stumpted...
    I am on CD3 and still have AF although its not heavy today. Yesterday I got partial ferning and was a bit shocked and thought it was just wrong. Then this morning I got the same again partial ferning. So I am quiet confused. Anyone got any explanation? Is it possible that you can start ovulating during or directly after AF?
    I just bought OPK's and it says I should start testing on CD9 based on my cycle length. But I am thinking I might start testing sooner, which I might end up using a heaps of OPK's but if it means I can see accurately when I am O'ting its worth it, I think...

Howdy

Maybe Baby ferning correlates to the amount of estrogen in your body. And estrogren peaks just before you ovulate, and just before you get your period (and while pregnant). This explains why we usually get ferning just before AF is due (for me, two days before she is due) and throughout my period.

HTH!

Thanks yep that does help. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

It's been a while since I've used one but from memory you can get ferning at different stages during your cycle because of hormone surges. The thing to note is that the ferning has to be at it's thickest and also not have the pebble pattern for you to be ovulating.
    Also strange things can happen and your body can throw in a short cycle. The cycle Caleb was conceived I O'd on CD 12 which was the first time I'd ever O'd that early!

Thanks Raven,
    I was thinking I might be having a short cycle too. But I just did a OPK and it was negative, so it doesn't look like I am ovulating or about to in the next 24-36 hours. I was concerned because the last couple of days my right ovary has been quiet achy. Not period pain just quiet a dull and uncomfortable feeling. If it doesn't back off over the weekend I might go and see a Dr. Perhaps get an Ultra Sound just in case I have a cyst or something.

P.S. Are you ok mate you have your mood as 'IN PAIN'.

LOL I also had a negative OPK too

I was concerned because the last couple of days my right ovary has been quiet achy. Not period pain just quiet a dull and uncomfortable feeling.
    Do you usually get ovulation pain?

Just as a thought, have you recently come off the pill? It could take a little while for things to settle after the pill...

Thanks for your concern Puppies. I've got a few back problems and after doing a silly thing last week am paying for it big time ATM

Ahh sounds like your in need of a long relaxing massage. My DH and I have massages regularly. Probably once a month if not twice a month. Keeps those little back problems at bay. But I guess finding the time is the tough bit though.

Yep have always felt ovulation pain, libido increases and CM about mid cycle. But this pain I have felt over the last few days was quiet different. It comes and goes.

I have been off the pill now for 4 cycles this will be my 5th cycle since coming off the pill. Cycles have been pretty well behaved. First cycle was 24 days and one day bleed (I figured that was due to being on the pill) but since then they have been 26, 28 and 27 days.

On the OPK's is it worth me testing every 2 days until I notice something? I just don't know if I will begin to ovulate before CD10 when they say I should start testing. I would like to try for a girl, but naturally I really don't care, just want a healthy, happy bubis.