Thread: Need Advice

Question Need Advice

Hi girls. I started charting this cycle - and as you can see it is a pretty long one (my last one was 100 days!). The problem is, FF keeps moving my O day - first it was cd50, then CD52, and now its moved it forward another couple of days. This is most likely because I haven't been charting CM, largely because it doesn't reveal much....

So what do you think? Did I O on CD50, or sometime later??????

hey sportychick...

looking at your chart, i'd say that FF has been moving your ovulation date because you temps have been so erratic and haven't sustained a rise for 3 consective days (except for on day 57 which is where it is at now...)

CD 50 showed a huge rise, and that is why FF would have put it in there, but as you can see, you didn't sustain that rise, so it moved it....

I can't imagine how confusing it must be for you. Do you make sure that you take your temp at the same time each morning, before getting out of bed, as soon as you wake and after at least 2 consecutive hours of good sleep....i'm sure you are, but i had to ask...

I suppose the other thing you could do is jump DH every second night just in case you have o'd but it isn't picked up by the temps.. Best of luck to you hun...

If anyone else could help sportychick out, it would be most appreciated...

my gynecologist told me that with really long cycles, it can be very hard to pick up a rise in temperature... because all the normal jumps and bumps in the pre-O stage can tend to disguise what's going on.

His suggestions to me don't really apply here, as it was all about PCOS and what to do to make cycles shorter. Basically, you need to trust your body, be in tune with what's going on and BD as much as possible. Everything else was pretty specific to my situation with PCOS (take metformin, lose weight, get fit, eat low GI and take clomid if necessary).

BW

I cant offer anything else other than try to take your temperature before doing anything and be consistent with the time, easier said than done! I slept in this morning. It might make it a little easier to see the temperature changes.

Luv Summer

I am fairly consistent with time - usually its 5:50ish (weekdays), saturday its 6:30, which is only 40 mins later. Sunday is wonky though - if I manage to sleep in then it will be 8am! Having said that, today it was 6:30 because I was busting to go to the loo. 40 mins shouldn't make too much difference should it?

SportyChick, I just ran today's temp through the temperature adjustor for you.

A temperature of 37.0 taken at 6:30 adjusted to a normal time of 5:50 comes to 36.93. Which on your one decimal place thermometer would read as 36.9. A temperature difference of 0.1 is significant - it's the difference that FF uses to check for ovulation.

do you have VIP membership with FF? May be an idea to use the adjustor for weekends.

BW

no - don't have VIP membership - a bit povo at the mo! Will get it if I'm not pg this cycle. Thanks for running it through the adjustor for me, though - it gives me a bit of an idea what's going on! I usually just treat the weekends as a bit of a glitch and see what it does again on Mon.

I'm happy to run them through for you. If you would like to give me the details of times and temps, I can adjust them for you. I really don't mind, and it's one reason that I make sure I have current VIP membership there - my weekends get pretty wonky at times, too.

BW

I really think it likely that O occurred around CD50-51. There are two temps after that which are outlined circles only and that is usually because they are not at the same time as usual, so that may affect it.

Fingers crossed you managed to

I think O probably occurred on CD51. There is a clear shift and a more stable higher temp range after that day.

On the subject of FF VIP membership. I'm on a pension and it only costs around $13 per month if I pay for a 30 day subscription. I class it as money well spent for the extra information you are able to access. I just don't buy women's magazines like New Idea and Women's Day any more to save the money. I'm hoping to purchase a 3 month sub soon if I don't get a BFP before I've saved up the extra to pay for it.

Lisa

Im so glad that you posted the question Sportychick and people noticed about the time taking difference. Thanks to BW i know now that i can adjust my temps. Whoo hoo. I can sleep in now on the weekend without feeling guilty. I was still setting the alarm and taking my temp then going back to sleep.

As for the $ issue, when i first paid for 3 months, they had a special going. My thinking was that if i only paid for 3 then i would have to fall pregnant in that time, it hasnt happened but have rejoined again for another 3.

thanks girls - I thought it was more likely around 50 too - I actually had some cramps for a few hours on thurs night, so i thought that may have been it. The question may be a little academic anyway, because if anyone looked at my chart today you will have noticed the dive - I am expecting a downward trend, followed by AF tomorrow. We'll see...

SunnySummer, it's still more accurate if you can take your temp at the usual time. I try to wake up then and take my temp at the normal time on the weekends, but if for some reason I don't wake up I don't stress too much and just use the adjustor.

BW

Thanks BW [sorry to highjack your post Sportychick] I only had 2 to adjust, one of cd 1 (as if that makes much of a difference) and on yesterday.