Thread: School Trouble Or Over Reacting

REEZY Guest

Default School Trouble Or Over Reacting

My Little Girl Goes To Kindy With A Total Number Of 40 Kids. I Love That. Are There Any Parents Who Are Having Problems With A Small School. Im Not Happy About Some Things And Want To Now If Im Overreacting.
    1. The Amount Of Yelling The Teachers Do At Certain Kids And The Kids Yelling Back There Are A Certain 6 Kids In Her Class That Do This Have Witnessed It A Number Of Times.

2. Kids Wanting Other Childrens Lunch It Seems To Be The Same 6 Kids

I Feel Silly There Is More But Don't Want To Sound Like A Whinger Ha

happymum Guest

Hi, I believe that no matter what, Teachers should not be yelling at children, my sister worked at a kindy and if any teacher raised their voice towards a child it would be a formal warning. I know sometimes there can be certain children that are difficuit in a classroom setting but yelling is not the solution. As far as a small kindy goes I feel it can really offer that personal and family touch. I have just started my little one at one and love it. When it comes to our children, don't every feel like your a Whinger, our children deserve the best. I would write down your concerns and hand it to the person in charge and see the response you get, it will either put your mind at ease or help you decide if this isn't the correct kindy for you.

Being a teacher I know from experience that at times you shout. However, this should never be a regular occurence, and never should it be acceptable for children to shout at teachers. As for the taking of lunch that is wrong, and the children should be taught that this is an unacceptable way to behaviour.
    I have worked in a school with a total no. of 40 kids and I loved it, it was alot different from anything I had ever done before, however I think personally I would only send my children there till yr3 and then move them to a bigger school.

REEZY Guest

Thank You I Fully Agree It Is Totally Different To What I Expected. The Yelling Is Not Only Loud But Constant. The Principal Who Is Also A Teacher Seems To Target 1 Boy All The Time And I See Him Crying 4 Out Of 5 Days A Week After She Has Spoken (yelled) To Him I Would Go Of If I Heard Her Speaking To My Child Like That. May I Ask What The Reason For Taking Them Out In Year 3 Is Please. Just Wondering Thanks

Hi Reezy, I agree with Ali. Having worked with young children it is sometimes necessary to raise your voice, but it should be used very rarely. Putting your concerns into writing is a good idea. That way the incident will be put on record and perhaps seen by assessors of the centre. Also, if they are professional they will offer you a time to speak to the director. You can tell a lot from the way a centre tries to resolve a problem. If they ignore you or brush you off then I would be concerned.

Also, it might be a little easier to read your post if you only use capital letters for the start of a sentence, or with proper nouns (like names). Please don't be offended, we all have different typing styles it's just that I found your typing and post a little tricky to read

Let us know how you get along withy this issue