Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #130

Default Cloth Nappies #130

This thread is for you to share your experiences with different cloth nappies.

Your moderating/admin team for this forum are:

Christy
    ~Raven~
    Tanya

You can find their email addresses here.

For basic cloth nappy information, please checkout the Cloth Nappy Information sticky.

Your old thread can be found here

If you wish to subscribe only without posting you may do so via the Thread Tools at the top of the page.

Why Heidi - do you have something to tell us?

Ali - the car seat is a Compaq (safe & sound) - I stripped off all the covers and seat padding and machine washed that, and sponged the leg straps (which were the ones pooed on) with diluted disinfectant. The shoulder straps weren't affected, which is a shame because they would have been much easier to clean LOL. I'll try the bicarb though - that might help. Normally bicarb and vanilla essential oil is my failsafe trick for absorbing smells but I'm a bit reluctant to use anything too harsh on seatbelt material - it might compromise the integrity of the belt.

Maz - nice one on the hat! I love the yarn collective's wool - mmmm, makes me want to learn to knit, and to be in a climate where wearing wool is an option would help. At least I get to put wool on Euan's bum.

Jodi - I have bumGs if you want to check one out.

QM - I read somewhere that if you are going out for the day, to take one for every hour you're gone, which is obviously a lot more than what you would need, but would cover things like the baby peeing all over the nappy you are just about to put on them (Euan did that three times yesterday - it took us nearly 1/2 hour to change an nappy), pooing five minutes after a change, pooing again five minutes after the next change, etc, etc. I usually take one nappy for every two hours I'll be out for and then throw in a couple of extras just in case.

WOHB: Cute Tooshies with bamboo Motherease booster, microfleece liner, sh*tloads of sudocream because he was all of a sudden red raw when I changed him, dunno where that came from, and a grandma's wool soaker in teal. Nighty night...

Oh dear with the pooh explosion!!!

Who ever asked about Bumg I love them!!

Oh Tried the IB on Mj today, hmm they are very trim.. so glad i got meds in my next order the same isn't a very good fit on MJ. she is just in between one snap IYKWIM

I hope you all have fun again on Monday!!!

well its been a very quiet weekend at my house. The older girls are at their dads. I dropped them off on Friday night and will pick them up tomorrow night.
    So nice to have a break but now i really miss them!!

On the plus side my sis and I went out to dinner last night, She treated me to the works. Had Chinese.. Prawn ****tails followed by steamed Dim Sims.. and chicken and sweetcorn soup. for the main I had steaming garlic combination seafood and then fried icecream...

was so so yummy

well I'm off to clean some more

WOMB: ummmm bubblebubs

Sounds Yum Ness!!!!

I really think Em's NR is improving. I thought about taking photos of it to show how bad it was but considering it's on the front I thought better not. she is more pink than red now. hopefully I can get rid of it by Monday! I dont want it to flare up again.

I need a pattern for either a cover or a OSFA nappy. I want to use the Dorothy material I have left over but I dont know whether to do cover or nappy. If I do Nappy I need to make it a night nappy as that is the only time Sarah really needs one. we only put them on in the car incase, and she will wee enough for a night nappy during her naps. but she is usually at CC for them. Any suggestions? and I need other fabrics for it too. Hmm this is a real teaser for poor Sarah!

WOTBs: Sposies, I am behind on the washing waiting for some space on my clothes horses as it has not been the greatest drying weather here.

Ali- Send it to me.. I will make them up for you

A few people have said that the BumG v 2 is on ebay ATM could someone puh-lease PM or email me the link coz I can't find them anywhere

Hi all!!

I've noticed that if I don't change DS as soon as I get him up, he floods the night nappy and it sorta goes into his singlet and stuff.
    Does everyone else change their bubs as soon as they are up or wait until after breakfast? I've been waiting till after breakfast cos I'm sure he'd crack it if I changed him straight away - he's hungry in the morning!!!!!

WOHB: probably a very wet Motherease fitted & cover.

Hi girls

Gudism - it isnt with MCN's but i have to change DD first thing in the morning as she is soaking in disposies!

Plus i think it is a good routine, we get up, change nappy, dress for the day then she sits and plays while i ge breakyfast ready. Stops her wanting food asap on waking... so on days like today when DH cooks bacon and eggs (mmmmmmmmm) she isnt screaming cause she has to wait an EXTRA 30 minutes for breaky.

I would be keeping this same routine with the cloths when they arrive

Anyone know of a good simple cloth nappy for newborns (ie if i didnt want to use the MCN's?) - just terry squares? or if there a company that make these simply ones in a better material?

PP I used flanelette flats by Big Softies. Thick and soft they are! Terry is too bulky on a newborn but alright from about 8ish weeks depending on the size of bub.

PP - I will try.. but god... he'll probably scream the house down saying "CUP... CUP... CUP" cos he wants his sippy cup of milk and weetbix... lol

Are you coming on Thursday btw?

Euan usually has his BMW (Big Morning Wee) about 1/2 way into his first feed. If I change him on waking I get two things - an extremely cranky baby trying to break down the doors to get to booby, and a lap full of wee as the large volume often goes through the wings of a microfleece or suedecloth topped pocket / AIO, which is usually what he gets put in, especially if it is DP doing the changing. So I leave him in his night nappy until after the first feed.

It would be a bit different with an older bub who has proper breakfasts. Once he is on three meals a day I'll probably breast feed him, change him, then give him 'people food', which is what we call solids around here. But he is very rarely soaked through with a good night nappy.

WOHB: BumG

I second flanny flats for a newborn (I have Big Softies too). With the Eenees snibs, or Motherease Rikki over the top. You would be unlucky to get any leaks with that lot on!

There was someone in the other thread that wanted more Zappy nappies, but cant remember who and cant be stuffed going back to look, who ever it was I have 2 you can have.....pm your addy will post tomorrow for you, I dont like them.

Mel, I believe it was Kazbah who wanted more Zappy's.
    I had a Zappy, it was the very first cloth I wore on Alex but we wore it out and then he pooped in it and I left it in the nappy bag by accident and had to throw it out.

I decided to see what we have;

MED
    10 x Magicalls
    5 x PUL Blueberry
    2 x Bubblebubs
    1 x Cushie Tushies
    1 x Wild Child

LGE
    2 x IB
    1 x BP
    1 x Covered in Cloth

OSFM
    4 x BBB
    1 x Cute Tooshies
    1 x Cuddlebuns (by Cute Tooshies)
    4 x BumG V3.0
    3 x Happy Heiny
    1 x Haute

1 x Whizz Kidz Nightz

2 x rather crap ones I bought off BFB for when the weather is bad and I couldn't get them dry... Not that I particularly need them anymore... but they were handy at the time.
    6 x crap from eBay from when I was starting out and knew nothing that last for like, maybe an hour or two when boosted.

& I have a combination of 10 Maz / Nessa Covers. Lime Slushie is my fave!

So in total, that makes 46 (OMG when did that happen?) plus covers. 15 were off BFB and then six yucky ones. Never buying off eBay again.

QM - I didn't end up getting the IB's. Maybe in a few months. I think I really have enough med. Well, I'm not getting any until I get rid of some of the Magicalls to part fund.

Sal - I got your PM - I don't have any newborn or small MCN - I came into the game late and I was wearing Med on Alex from when he was 5kg anyway.

Mel - Finished???? REALLY??? We'll see... I've been finished for weeeeeks.

Ali - Very exciting on the TT front! WTG!

Shattered, can't make the meet tomorrow. Dramas, dramas, not fair!!!

Sorry to those I have missed and for the dribbling post.

well girlies . ive packed a suitcase...yes a dame suitcase full of our finest for the week. Ive aloude 2 fleecie covers and one longies each and the reast are just AIO's. my MIL is going to be in heaven when she see's the stash..she loves looking at the kids nappies. MIght twist her arm into buying some wool and knitting us some.
    Mo - if you cant make tomorrow babe im going to give Sammi the you know what and she said she'll get it to you. Im seeing sammi on thursday on our way home so I can squishey her belly and smoother her boys!
    OK BBL

need to pack the car

Have fun at your MIL's Maz!

And hope you girls have fun on Monday.

Nappy rash still an issue here... it was getting better, but I was called into work on Friday night at 9.30pm and didn't get back home till 6am so I was absolutely buggered, and not to mention my boobs were about to explode coz I didn't have time to express at work... and DH had such a bad night trying to look after the baby himself that he didn't put any creams or anything on so it flared up bad again..sigh.

Trying to figure out what works, so I have Bepanthen on one butt cheek, Gaia soothing on the other buttcheek and just trying some sheepish grins lanolin with calendula in it above the bikini line...

Well I splurged and bought some seconds from Cute Tooshies. Can't have too many bamboo velours imo.

WOHB: Magicall

Thanks Maz & Sam
    Were not going tomorrow I'm expecting to hear from the nursing home
    Last edited by Khaleesi; June 29th, 2008 at 03:44 PM.

Well hello again girls!

Gudism - yes i will be there thursday! Are you ready for your grilling on MCN's lol :P

Well update on booster making - I have cut five 30 x 30cm bamboo fleece squares and five 30 x 20 cm microfibres. Going to sew the microfibre down 2 panels of the trifold and have 3 panels of bamboo on the outside so when folded the microfibre is totally covered (like a pamphlet! i guess).

I hope it works (and fits in a pocket! they look big)

Got the pips with DH as he went out to 'pick something up' and came back 3 hrs later... decided to go sales shopping... i was like you what!!! how nice you can just pack up and leave to go shopping knowing there is a live in babysitter at home for you!

WHY CANT WE DO THAT!!!! rahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I hate it too because i hate being pipped off at him! Cause he is a great DH and dad but the smalest things get to me with this pregnancy! rarrrr

(sorry for the rant) ok back to nappies lol

WOHB - sposie (all my MCN's are on the line..... cmon and dry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast