Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 166

ah god to see im not the only one who rotates then

Mel - OMG on your sister... i would be SPEWING!!!!!!!!!!!

Those polar bear longies went for over $60 and the auriel I was bidding on is now over $42...bit to much for my liking but as you said MEl - good investment for you

Im hoping that my bambinti longies come today they look like little cargo pants and have pocket son the . Vic just does the best job....have got 3 pairs of longies coming now......just need some minkee longies and we'll be right

Vic - have fun today at the sticthes show......let me know if you see any noice material

Chrissy - pmsl...8 covers and 6 nappies...your terrible..hows TT going hon?

i almost cut my dame thumb AGAIN last night.....I stopped just in time. I would hate to have a brain atm.

Better get organised....PSP meeting at the school.....time to tell them a few things I dont like

WOMB = white delish oh and a piece of toast and cheese

Ah an Itti is not an Itti without some food accesories Maz My boys like to accentuate theirs with vegemite most days

Jack just accessorized his IB with toast and marmite typical boy....

morning ladies

was stalking my postie but he didnt bring me my exciting parcels maybe tomorrow... waiting on my auriels, a very special box and a bizy bee night nappy. Anyone else feel like a silly kid who didnt get a christmas present when the postie doesnt bring what you are waiting for?

i am bidding on that maz cover on b4b - is anyone here kizzah? that red auriel is gorgeous, i missed out on it last time.... maz i hope you get your blue one, hyena at the last minute!!!

missymel, damn about your sis. i am sure you will bring her around..... i thought you had one of the best carriers ever my dear?
    willow - the lopttery thing works by you put down your name by clivking buy now (you have to be registered with congo cart) and then on the day the lotto will be drawn... on sunday.....

laaaa absolutely wet through her "make do" nappies that i have been using, but her night ones that i have are taking 3 days to dry - so if i wash every 2/3 days i need 6 night nappies! arrgggghhh

i must say silk liners are doing wonders here - havent put a bit of cream on her for weeks now

wohb : custom elephant iishfly

Yup our purple IB is being accessorised with banana and toast as we speak

is $38 to much for a pair of longies??? brand new???

Those polar bear longies were devine but no way would I spend that much on a used pair! $30-odd seems to be the going price for longies brand new. Could you get someone to make some like the polar ones Kat?

Im going out today so I should be getting dressed and throwing Jett at kindy but Im running on slow this morning. I am so over this kid, he needs to get the heck out of dodge. I even gave somethin somethin to Dh last night - fat lot of good that did, just made me feel even more like an old granny whale with my barge arse and clicky hips Not even my hot curried sausages made a dent either and I ate enough to give me heartburn for a year.

Before I forget, GogoMel (or anyone) - the freakin little squirt thing doesnt fit on our freakin 'speshial' toilet. Can I get a fitting from Bunnings or am I handwashing poo for the rest of my life!?

Anna - we must have an older toilet than you - less special I think - but DH did mention that for those with newer toilets (remembering our house was built in 1964 and they would still have the old style plumbing and thats why it probably fits!) then you can pick up attachments at any good plumbing store. Or bunnings. We avoid bunnings here cos its always sooooo freakin busy.

Just take in the parts and they should fix it up for you. Wouldn't expect it to cost much either.

not doing nappy pics today..well i might put him in a matching IB but i am taking him again next week..coz i want pot of gold piccies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katones View Post
    not doing nappy pics today..well i might put him in a matching IB but i am taking him again next week..coz i want pot of gold piccies!!!!
    when ar eyou getting pics done then?? and im just gonna do a little cause that means you 'll get the pics you want

OH and I would pay up to $50 for a decent pair of longie hon especially if they are brand new (I think I paid over $60 for the knit and knots ones and $42 for my endless yarn ones but they were auctions)

Kitten 3 days to dry night nappies .. hope you get some decent ones soon then

Anna - sorry cant help re LS.....jed did ours and it leaked for 2 weeks beofre it stopped

Its raining here!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO only prob wasxh smarty maz did a load of nappies and put the clothes horse outside yesterday and for got them......so their gettinga second rinse of lovely rain water

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

$38 for a brand new pair of hand knit longies is a bargain
    - knitter spends hours knitting them
    - the cost of the wool, have you seen the hand dyed wool on ozebaby type malls?
    i have no idea how they do it for just 38
    and i'm talking about plain ones, not even the striped, embroidered etc fancy ones.

CHarmlea, clear your PM box and could you PM me please

NaNa, no boyish sidesnappers? we'll see about that!
    what are you actually after?
    even in blueberry and swaddlebees? or are you not in animal / camoflage prints?

i have MCN'd bilby at both the chubby end of things (three rolls of fat on each thigh) AND the slim end of things, and the sidesnappers have been so flexible, they have fitted her great BOTH ends of the spectrum. But i have never had a Auriel on her to know about that brand specifically.

i remember waiting 18 months to score a Cherub's Kiss, thought i would never get one. So yes, Auriels (made by Cherub's Kiss) - well anything made by CK seems very hard to come by if you wait for the listings on line.

GO TO NEXT POST IF YOU ARE PREGNANT / feeling a little quesy
    TMI follows

bilby was terribly ill last night - her first time - was hysterical with stuff in her hair etc.
    had to bath/shower her three separate times,
    change bed completely three separate times.
    used every towel we own.

so stressed out, i forgot to get a bucket for her, it didn't even cross my mind she would be ill again, after half an hour! and all the buckets we have were quickly filled with Little Squirted dirty laundry anyhoo.

i'm not sure what to do, up to now, she's been fit as a flea. i have a thin single quilt i need to wash - has no tag for washing instructions - do you think a warm gentle wash with Dettol would be ok? or would i destroy the quilt?

i felt so upset for bilby, i couldn't convince her to brush her teeth, i can't blow her nose, so the usual things i do, to make myself feel better immed after being ill, i coudlnt' get her to do. she just screamed, shrieked, was terrified for what seemed like hours. just the sound of the bath filling freaked her out, she hates having her hair washed normally, let alone with stuff all stuck in it. i am guessing that we have had a good run, and this is pretty late, for the FIRST time being ill (in a child's life) but i felt so upset for her - thinking of her, alone, being ill in her bed, was ill quite a bit before she could get her breath enough to yell out for me. in the dark, first time ever ill, not understanding what was happening to her.

and then she wouldn't let me brush her teeth to get rid of yucky taste.

but after being ill three times, on everything around her and herself, EXCEPT her KK AIO! that survived three "being ills" scott free!

This morning, i offered her "knickers or nappy" and very woefully she pointed to her fave purple minky pocket. No worries, anything you want little bilbs.

her diet is so limited as it is, god knows what the hell i will give her to eat today (out of the tiny list of things she WILL eat).

all she's had this morning (that she asked for) has been breastmilk, i'm tempted to stick with ONLY bm for today. Seems weird, i know i would normally AVOID giving milk to a person who had just been ill. Just water and dry crackers.

i needed to vent
    i'm sure this sounds like a very "only got one child, pathetic vent"
    but it's all new to me, i felt like i failed her, the hysterical screaming, i wasn't hugging her cos she needed desperately to be washed,

oh Gigi , your doing the best you can , its so hard when they aresick, we feel so helpless .. wanting to make it all better , but time and cuddles is usually the only thing , hope she gets better soon x

off to clear my inbox :hides: hope im not in twuble

Gigi - as someone with an upchuck phobia, i completely understand how Bilbs was feeling last night - even now, i have severe panic attacks at the mere thought of being physically ill

for today, go with what she wants - give her BM (its going to be better for her than getting nothing into her if she won't eat) - try to encourage her to clean her teeth and just have a relaxing bath if she can (one with no stress about washign her hair).

with the quilt, do you know if it's synthetic fibres? it SHOULD wash ok, particularly if it has small quilted panels. i was given a quilt that SIL used for all three of her kids and it washes very well. for today, if you can, switch her to easy to wash blankets if you have them. polar fleece etc will wash very easily.

offer her light but normal food - have water available all day. if she is a fruit kidlet (grapes etc) let her have a few and see how she goes for an hour or so.

if she is off milk and not keen on water, make some very weak cordial or watered down juice - the little bit of sugar in it will encourage her to drink it and will help her body to absorb it.

hope it is a very short lived bug - poor Bilbs!

Anna - DH had to get a different hose thingo for our LS but it works just fine now. Pretty sure he got it from Bunnings or a plumbing shop.

Gigi - I find it very distressing when my children are physically sick too. It took DD three years before she ever threw up and thankfully my mum was here because it was xmas morning! That's her one and only time thankfully.

DS was sick with a tummy bug this xmas (what is it with xmas??!!) and was violently ill in the car on the way to my parents place and I didn't handle that well either! He was sick for a few days and my SIL was cleaning up after him cause I couldn't handle it!
    Last edited by Willow; March 12th, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    when ar eyou getting pics done then?? and im just gonna do a little cause that means you 'll get the pics you want

OH and I would pay up to $50 for a decent pair of longie hon especially if they are brand new (I think I paid over $60 for the knit and knots ones and $42 for my endless yarn ones but they were auctions)

Kitten 3 days to dry night nappies .. hope you get some decent ones soon then

Anna - sorry cant help re LS.....jed did ours and it leaked for 2 weeks beofre it stopped

Its raining here!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO only prob wasxh smarty maz did a load of nappies and put the clothes horse outside yesterday and for got them......so their gettinga second rinse of lovely rain water
    i had piccies taken today....wanted to buy them all.....haven't ordered any yet coz i want DH too see them. did one with him in just his yellow IB with black b/ground and a tinge of red light...OMG!!!!!!i am in lurve!!!!! a friend is doing piccies next week..so shall be rainbow heaven pics...
    Last edited by Tanya; March 12th, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Katones - can't wait to see your photos - they sound great!

WIllow and Brigsy - thanks so much for the advice and understanding, i really appreciate it, (goes off to wash quilt now).

bilby wanted to play on my bed this morning (books, her flashcards) and has fallen asleep there. oh well, maybe sleep will help her body get over last night. (i feel strange about day naps, i almost hear a voice in my head saying "you'll never get her to sleep tonight if she sleeps in the day" and a wagging finger telling me off.

her nap has given me time to attend to all the wet and dry laundry from last night, so nap has been a blessing in disguise.

things i coudln't wash last night in the machine (i did two loads last night), i left soaking in cold water overnight. is that the right thing to do? (see i told you i am clueless).

but brigsy, i don't put polar fleece blankets on her bedding, she overheats very easily, so i aim for more breathable fabrics. i know what you mean though, polar fleece is pretty bulletproof.

WOTBB: purple minky pocket - it was dry before she went to sleep, cos i offered her "potty opportunities" and checked.

Do you lurve the animal pockets/covers/aios Starbunz make? good price on Starbunz at Mother's Instinct (NZ site). international sales get the GST taken OFF.

Nice mama pads at Green Chickadee, esp if you need natural fibre topped pads.

the things you come across when you are doing the Nappy Hunt!

and good TT-ing pads for the toddler carseat, at Haggus and Stookles (what i would make myself if i had a sewing machine).

I wish i had held onto the mattress protector mats i had when bilby was tiny, and had "nappy free time" on the mat, each day. they would be so useful with TT-ing too.

So glad Cyclone Hamish has not caused havoc for all you QLD gals.

GiGi - Just wanted to let you know you're doing everything you can for Bilby. One child or ten children, when one is ill it's all the same. Horrible.

Also, does Bilby like iceblocks? I would maybe suggest buying some Hydralyte (they replace electrolytes lost through vomiting and diarrhea). You can get it in a juice, or in iceblock form from the chemist. They are fantastic and children are inclined to eat the iceblocks just because they're iceblocks - but not bad for them.

Apart from that, keep your chin up and soldier on. It's hard but it will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi View Post

but brigsy, i don't put polar fleece blankets on her bedding, she overheats very easily, so i aim for more breathable fabrics. i know what you mean though, polar fleece is pretty bulletproof.
    sorry hun - was more thinking of anything that will keep her warm and comfy, that is easily washable - we've got a mixture of different blankets and things for all rooms in the house - if i'm not well, i'll take my wool doona off the bed just in case and put something easily washable on it. also try and sleep her with a towel or something underneath her to protect bedding a bit if she is still unwell

let he sleep a while today while she can - but not too long - she's had a hard night, but you dn't want her not sleeping tonight and making it worse for herself.

if she's not taking normal drinks etc, and likes icy poles, if you can get some hydralite ice blocks from the chemist, they'll help

BG

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast