Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 166

Woot woot woot woot woot GogoMel

ahhh so arimeh is gogomel - kept trying to figure that one out

3 days later and my sndman is dry for tonight hopefully the bed wont get wet!!

I hope my auriels do come tomorrow, need a lift

WOHB - lilac d'lish

I say NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that auriel is now $50....o: i even did a sneak bid of $49 something and FAILED!!!!!

I really wanted it to but I just cant go that far

Kitten I DIDNT have the best carrier ever, however I did recieve a parcel today I wore him in it for an hour and got sore shoulders He IS 10kg though, but I am going to have a play around to see if I can get it better. It was comfy however aside from that! Would have been awesome for a newborn!! Kizzah is on NC. I don't know that I will bring my sister around. She called longies/shorties "hippy pants" and said she can't afford to 'fork out for those nappies"... even AFTER I told her how much cheaper they are then sposies

Silk liners hey... I hear heaps about them, maybe I should give them a go. Ashton is beginning to get what LOOKS like nappy rash Hoping I am wrong.

Kat $38 is very good I pay that for shorties!! I have paid up to $55 for longies and $40-50 is normal.

Lea I posted it today so should come to you soon! And your nappies are no longer .99c so don't stress!

Mel, Anna knows why and I want to know why!! Come on girl spill... if you don't I will pester you ALL night until you tell me haha

Nappy news... nothing here, was hoping to get some fluff but not so Only my carrier... I have so many nappies on the way!!

WOHB : Dlish about to become something else!

oh and Gigi I hope bilby is better soon! It's nasty when they are ill Poor little missy.

Speaking of silk liners....want to get some for DS. Saw some the other day but cannot for the life of me remember where I think it might have been ozebaby or something

Can anyone give me a ball park on what I should pay for them?

Also - is this something you could make yourself if you can sew (I can't, mum can) could you get this type of fabric from Spotters or is it a bit spesh?

Mazaroo - thanks again for the b pads, you're a legend Pity about that auriel, it was very noice!

Ah Mel, she is being extra nice to a very over it pregnant lady, I twisted her arm and then some Its worth the wait of not knowing, promise!

Gigi, hope Bilb feels better soon. Gastro sucks.

Hmm all this talk of slings/carriers has reminded me I need to get one ASAP.

AnnaT you should get the close baby carrier haha I love it... i wish I had it when Ash was a newborn! Need to fiddle some and get it perfect though. Couldn't today cos I was in a hurry!

Mel, Anna knows why and I want to know why!! Come on girl spill... if you don't I will pester you ALL night until you tell me haha

i know i know!

me too!!!! hhehehehehe!!!!

yes anna the close carrier rocks (sig hint)

and as for mels info - I know too and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willow - silk liners from daddledoo - i paid anywhere between $2.20 to $4.50 - bigger sized ones cost more. i'd grab a few of each, they do each have their place (smaller ones in itti's etc).

maz - did you get the auriel?

WOHB - sandman

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Willow - the antibacterial raw silk used for nappy liners IS DIFFERENT from the raw silk that Spotlight sell to make fine clothes out of. you put them side by side, totally different fabrics.

NappiesCovered had the type of raw silk you would need, to make your own, a little while ago, worth checking there.

i've seen raw silk liners for sale on mcn sites, ranging from 2.50 - 8.50 *unsure if the more exxy ones might be double layer or something?

i got mine from babysoftlandings yonks ago, have seen them on nurture nappies and theweewuns. Plus some small wahms like daddledoonappies (at wahmnaps) recently. i know other wahms do them too, just can't remember all of them who do.

Brigsy - after reading what you wrote about sick bubba - bilby was playing on my bed with books/flashcards this morning, amusing herself, i went to put washing on, came back and she was off with the fairies. Had a very good sleep - i kept worrying "HOW long am i meant to let her sleep, if i STILL want her to sleep tonight?"

dithered about that, so i let her sleep until she woke up naturally. prolly did the wrong thing heh.

After i had taken off her two mattress protectors from the soiled bed last night, i ended up "nappying" the bed. Her bed already has wool blankets on the mattress. I laid a polarfleece blanket over that, then a flat sheet, then two layers of towels and that's what she slept on - until sick for third time. Then i redid it the same and thankfully, that was the last time.

today, no being ill orally, she had one tiny very loose bowel motion of gastro colour but not gastro consistency. She drank heaps of breastmilk today (all i really did was feed and do washing all day today), a small amount of sultanas mid afternoon and one third of a Rafferty's Garden spinach tube (yes, my fussy eater's fave food is PUREE VEG unless I make it at home and then she refuses ). by the time dh came home at 7.30 she wanted a piece of bread. TT-ing went out the window today, but i kind of expected that. But when dh came home (with icecream!!), amazing bilby "remembered" about doing bee bees on the toilet! I explained she coudln't have icecream today, due to her sick tummy, and she was ok with that.

i can't stop thinking about all this strange stuff
    - what did cavepeople do when they were sick in their caves? no light to see to clean themselves up, no towels, no bathroom to go have a shower,
    - what on earth would you do if your whole family had the gastro etc? and you'd run out of clean towels, clean sheets etc?

Kitten? is it you who's having three day drying isthoos with your fitted night nappies? some quick dry night solutions for you petal:
    - night AIO or Ai2 e.g KKAIO, genesa forge
    - night pockets e.g bits for bots MM fleece pockets
    or the defacto cheat, a MM fleece cover with a bamboo trifold (+ booster if needed).
    MM stands for Malden Mills in this instance
    (also can be Mandy Macs)

Rhyb - how are you feeling today petal? Hope you're healing up well.

Melbel - waves at you!

so, any photos from last Sunday peeps??

wotbb: lotus nights and bilby shorties made by Peep-O who are sadly now closed.

Gigi - trust me the gastro gets easier! Xander now is great with a bucket and I even have Ari bucket trained. Yes both my kids have had gastro WAY too much but that's what happens when their mum has no immunity to gastro Funnily enough they have now developed a better immunity than me. I think you did a great job, we just let the kids do what they need to when they are sick. My DS is great he knows how to listen to his body when he has gastro - doesn't eat etc but he gets over it a lot quicker then his mummy who keeps trying to force liquids and food down her throat :-)

yeah to all those with nappy news - nothing exciting here

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaT View Post
    No its the LS type thingy from Clothie Bumz

Dh will figure it out, he is a fitter by trade after all, if he cant then the Army have wasted 2 years of training and lots of $$$
    i bought one here from another MCN nappy shop and it is EXACTLY the same as the HH nappy sprayer..and bunnings didn't have another attatchment that would fit it!!!!

Gigi I had the whole house sick with gastro when I was 8 month pregnant. Both boys throwing up, me throwing up. It was the first bout of gastro any of us had gotten. It was grosssssssssss!

Well we are off to Launceston for the weekend YAY gonna go pack Ashtons nappy bag/suitcase haha Gosh it's fun! Choosing all the nappies to take... wasn't fun getting up at 5am though to finish the washing before i left!

WOHB - black minky magicall

well i am officially stalking the postie, there are 2 packages from one order which i am just itching about, and my auriels!!!!!!!

anyone else used a loveybums wool pull up cover? i think i might need to get a wool "soaker" instead for overnight?????

oh and willow i should add, i got some of my silk liners from bsl, these are the bigger ones and only marginally dearer. the smaller ones were from daddle doo. i was going to get silk and cut it up before the wonfderful gigi ensured i didnt stuff up!

gigi - once my orders arrive i will have 4 good night nappies - a sandman, a bizy bee and 2 special orders (sooooo excited about them!).................i was thinking of trying to get my hands on a cuddles n cloth one - anyone tried them?

wohb - dfm mottled red

Weeeeeeeeeeee I paid up my Twinkle Lily and Bizy Bee orders today so I should be getting said fluffy mail next week. Will give me something to look forward to while this little booger happily bakes away and makes me miserable

morning ladies
    i need some recommendations for a night nappy that ISN'T going to soak through!!!!! Jack seemd 'damp' every morning... and this morning broke the camels back...he was asleep on his tummy in my bed and i heard him awake so went in and got him up and my bed was saturated!!!!!(better not stink of pee!!!)
    BBH bamboo fitted (boosted) and a cover are just not cutting it!!! his sandman is damp on the outer in the morning..his maz SD NN is damp-saturated in the morning...
    Hmmm i should be getting 2 lots of fluff today...MUST stalk the postie...
    hmmm i won the nappy i had my eye on now for the stroller...

WOJB ~ orange IB

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast