Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 166

hi everyone
    DD has just been wearing a nappy today due to the warm weather and her horrible chicken pox, and I just changed her into her giraffe CT and 5 minutes later, she was walking around nekid!!! Dont tell me she has figured out how to undo snaps? Hopefully not!

Didnt get any fluffy mail today, but my teething necklace did come... she has had it on all arvo and seems happier.... hope its not a fluke!

WOHB - purple magicall

rhyb Guest

Im buying a six pack of itti bittis with my krudd money as I only have 2 atm. No new nappy news otherwise.
    I popped two stitches today so I have to be extra slack mummy today

QM - LOL that pics from Jan, I have toget off my butt & crop a recent pic so I can put it up. She's 8.5 kg, she was only in her med nappies for a month and a half. But we have a heap of larges (IB's) on laybuy soon to be arriving hopefully in the next week or 2
    How is Punky & yourself?

I think i am going to layby a 6 pack of large Itti's...especially now with the discount...

WOJB ~ RED tractor lou lou

Woohooo, I'm back sorta!

Mazamail! woohoo! And CaddieMail too!

Got the denim nappy, it works so well! And so cute!

Got another convert @ work, I had my bellybelly mug every day, with a bellybelly fridge magnet in the lunchroom - got a couple of preggo chicks asking about cloth nappies, was going to take in some nappies after sunning them this weekend, but it doesn't look like its going to work.

WoHB - BBB with Maz mumma & me cover.

I keep looking at the ib's and thinking..... thinking ...... do I really need them...thinking...thinking

Kaz - gotta say woman you are one hell of a converter..I just have no luck

WOMB - nuda but red spots

Fluffy mail!!!

My glorious pot of gold cover!!!! and my newborn sage dotted minkee! My best friend doesn't go much for green but I am hoping she loves the cover as much as I do!

Thanks Maz - your a true superstar... I wish I had an ounce of your talent!

Maz...DH hasn't seen the pot of gold yet!!!! i will put it on barge bum after his bath.... and see what DH has to say about it...he says Jack looks like he is out of FAME when he has his rainbow baby legs on!!!!

so impressed with Tricia at Flannel Fings right now!

I got that recycled denim fitted, unfortunately the large is a little to large! lol
    Anyway, I decided to hang onto it and so havent contacted her or anything. Well I just got an email addressed to all the people who bought the large size, explaining that she had already slightly altered the pattern, but due to recent reports she was going to alter it further, reduce some of the rise and the crotch etc and generally make it trimmer. Asked me what I thought of the one I had etcetc and then said that she would post out the new design for us to for free!! So impressed with that. Awesome. I love that she is so dedicated to the nappy! lol
    So yeah, very impressed with the customer service - and looking forward very much to my newand improved denim fitted whenever it is ready!

I want to see photos of the new pot o goldss in action girls please!! *Vicarious living alert*

Lots of medium IBs on B4B at the moment....

WOHB: new WriggleBumz pocket

Limeslice - would love to oblige with a pic of the pot of gold but bubs doesn't get here until September and I got a medium so it will be sometime until I see it in action...

been lurking last few days,
    nothing nappy related going on here til next week when I am gonna buy up big and finally finish the bulk of my stash thanks to uncle kevin, since taxman is preoccupied with all these bonuses I'll get the krudd money before tax return money.

I'm over the hunt, 3 extremes and 70 icons, just can't find the love to search for anymore of those buggars.

Limslice that's pretty cool about the denim nappies, I was eying them off but wasn't sure about the fit, lucky I didn't get one cause by the sounds of it would have been huge!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

for those who will have, or do have moo babies
    lookee here, at a site called baybeecino.com.au
    click on CLOTHING, then PRINTS
    and behold,
    you will see many cowprint baby things
    alas no MCN, but you can't have everything!

Queen - i haven't looked at the buy for baby Auriel debarcle
    are they the Hungry Caterpillar ones by any chance?
    i think, sometimes a MCN maker makes some spesh nappies, with unusual fabric, gets so busy, she doesn't get the chance to make ones like that again, so it's the old DEMAND vs SUPPLY.

all the people that hyena-ed like mad, to buy the unusual Auriels in the first place, just about wet themselves when they realise, the lucky baby that got it, has GROWN OUT OF IT and the item is on buy for baby. The people realise how busy Cherub's Kiss is, they might have been on a waiting list for what seems like FOREVER, and they see the 2nd hand auriel as Their Last Chance to nab that spesh Auriel.

i agree, if i had not tried a brand before, i woudln't go nuts to buy an overpriced 2nd hand one. For all i know, AUriels MIGHT not suit my child?
    but for people who HAVE tried an AUriel, it's brilliant on their child AND they LURVE the limited edition print that is up for auction, AND they have the money, um yes, it defies logic, but yes, nappies like that WILL go for more than they cost brand new.
    When you're on a low income, the thought of paying so much for one nappy seems ludicrous. but there are people buying mcn who have a much larger income. i've seen nappies go off at auction on ozebaby for close to $200!!! ONE NAPPY! the demand was there, the hyenas were there, and they wuz cashed up. it's a very very MAAAAAAD world.

found another economical, plain wetbag
    by HappyBabes, at the happybabes website
    holds similar amount to the baby beehinds wetbag but different shape and no loop, it snaps on itself, so that's how you hang it up.

Have you seen nappy ruffle covers/bloomers on line? the type people put over sposies to cover them up? Please LMK any sites you ahve seen them, if you know of any. TIA.

haven't been doing the Nappy Hunt for ages, the month is slipping by.

It is Falguni's EDD today, can't help wondering how she is doing, is anyone else stalking her (chuckles with wicked laugh).

wotbb: KKAIO
    keep taking a dry one off her in the morning. Haven't worked up the courage to night train her.

SHe's been mainly in MCN last two days, due to her being ill. She is not eating much and after all day of nothing coming out, not even wee, had what looked like a gastro nappy early evening. (just when i thought she was better). So no swim lesson tomorrow, don't want to put gastro germs in the pool.

LIMEY - sometimes with a fitted nappy that is too big, you can try putting an extra booster inside, and see if that takes up the slack (gape). if that is not enough, try it with a trifold added to the inside. if that doesn't work, leave it for a few months.

Kitten - yes, an orgasmical load of fluffy mail in that Aust Post box.

Katones - before you buy a night nappy, work out what you want.

- how many layers of absorbent fabric, does Jack wee thru currently? the bbh is a day nappy, night nappies have MINIMUM double the amount of layers of absorbency, that the bbh has.

- what sort of nappy closures suit Jack in the day? copy that for night nappies

- even if Jack is great in low rise nappies for day, high rise nappies are great as night nappies. work out his rise measurement, so when you are looking at NN, you make sure you buy the correct rise for him.

(to measure rise
    grab tape measure
    START at his navel
    take tape down under him and up the other side,
    STOP measuring when you get to small of back
    That is his RISE
    Write that somewhere near your computer
    Refer to it each time you look at night nappies.)

Night nappy tips: (for when the THOUGHT of a NN is a bit spooky) aka for newbies:
    (stuff to try, what works for one, may not work for another, but it's good to have something to try)

avoid tuck clothing into nappy e.g singlets, pj tops. The clothing will "wick" e.g absorb wee and become wet, as the night goes on

any clothing over nappy, needs to be loose

any clothing or bedding over nappy, in our case, has to be natural fibres that breath e.g no polar fleece onesies or blankets (but using polarfleece flongies works - go figure!!!)
    bilby slept on a cotton sheet, with a lambskin rug under that, until she moved to a bed, that worked like a charm. Even being wrapped as a tiny baby, as long as it was natural fibres, eg muslin, we didn't get leaks. (i'm talking, as a five day old bilbster even).

change baby if they wake for a feed during the night

high rise nappies and high rise night covers - to cope with all the moving around bubs do at night

avoid PUL and FOE where possible, not for 100% of babies, but for many, this really helps.
    (FOE is foldover elastic)

if you can, use lanolised handknit woollen items for your waterproofing - they work so well, even when it's over 40 degrees. I didn't attempt this until bilbs was over the runny poop stage, but many start much earlier, i'm just a wuss.

if you need to be able to machine wash, and need quick drying, low maintenance items, use fleece NN items for waterproofing

if you have a small NN stash, get some night pockets, night AIO's - they dry the fastest

for a tiny bub, night fitted and night cover can be a big help with the runny poop stage - just like for day time. if i had a winter nb, i would put them in nb sized flongies for nights.

bamboo trifolds and boosters are very useful, to customise the night nappy to your child's wetting needs. Hard to have too many of them.

there are some great PULL UP style night covers around, great for when you are changing in low light, or your bub likes to undo closures. (disana for wool, bear bottoms for fleece, and all the flongies i can think of, are pullup style).

if the night cover is wet in the morning, this is a sign your child needs more layers of absorbency in their NN, or that the woollie needs re-lanolising.

if you have trouble, read the "sagas of the night nappy" forum on Nappycino - ANYTHING you're going thru, someone else has been there before you!

gigi ollierose has some bloomer and singlet sets on sale atm

rhyb Guest

So I bought the large ittibitti 6 pack half and half and a new wetbag, infact the exact wetbag Gigis talking about in green and an ANN calender. I ummed and ahhed and well I really wanted it

WOHB: BBB+cover

Just popping in to read..........

Was having contractions since yesterday at about 2pm, lost blood streaked mucous plug and everything..........obviously the little booger decided he's comfy for now so Im very mad and very tired Got a midwife appt this morning so Im going to beg for an internal and s&s. My guess is he was posterior and thats why it fizzled. I got so excited thinking of using my newborn nappies

Oh and Im sure Maz will update if I do miraculously have him sometime soon, pretty sure I still have your # in my phone chickie!

just poking my head in to ask a quick ? about an itti bitti nappy.
    I only got them last week and have washed them a couple of times and Bella has worn it once, last night when I took it out of the dryer along with 9 other nappies this particular one sounds all crunchy like a plastic bag - I'm really pooed off now cause I had ordered some more.
    What u think is wrong with it???

Anna - Labour vibes for you hun!!! River - Come out so you can try the fluff on!!

What's happening here? DH is home until lunch time tomorrow, nappies have had some sun, and we discovered that the dog doesn't bother with airers full of clothes, will play with his ball instead.

WOEB: Black CT basix.

Wooohoooo lots of labour vibes to you Anna - you go chickie babe!!!! woot woot!!!

Sue - dunno bout the itti mate? Never had that happen - maybe email Itti and ask them what they think? You'll get them replaced if its something bad anyway - they have a 6 month guarantee on them.

Hello to everyone else! Hope you are having a great saturday!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast