Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies # 168

maz - i wish i had some auriels!!

google fluff e stuff new SIDE SNAPPING FITTEdS

Hey ladies,

Thought I would come introduce myself as I am starting MCN's in the next couple of months with DS and will with our next one once s/he is born. It was all so confusing at first but I am slowly understanding it all. Just a quick question though and your opinions....For DS who is now 18 months old almost and is no where near TTing...he is absolutely petrofied(sp?) of the toilet...how many nappies do you suggest that I get for him?? Based on washing ever second day. With sposies at the moment he is going through a average of a minimum of 6 nappies a day.

Thanks in advance....still a little dazed by it all!!

Yay Maz - I'm glad you like. I didn't think that I enabled you on that one, I thought you found it all on your lonesome? But I'm happy to take credit for it LOL. And well done on more Auriels, are we going to see pics? *sigh*, I want more too. Ah, should be happy with what I've got really.

Hi Monkey to the insane cloth thread.

I think at around 18 months DS was going through about 7 nappies a day - 6 through the day and one at night. I wash every second day, and because I dry most of mine inside - they take two days to dry.

So I'm not a good one to ask how many you need - cos I have wayyyyyyyy too many.. LOL

Ok my question goes out to the Townsville mums mostly - do you find that your nappies,but mostly inserts/boosters, dry hard in the townsville sun? I love that my clothes are dry 10 minutes after hanging them out, but it's making my boosters stiff and not very nice to touch.

I love the sun for the smell and stain eliminating factor, so I don't really want to move them into the shade or inside. Isthere smething else I can do? I know we can't use softner and I follow all cleaning recommendations for them.

Maz - which auriels did you receive today? Are they purrrrrrfect? Our courier service here is fantastic, brings things to my front door even though our house is set back from the road and he has to find his way through our 6ft fence avoiding the dog. AP however often leave my packages out the front of the gate where I can't see them and we have PLENTY of passersby who could easily snatch them, OR throws them over the fence. Yes... throws them.

Kitt3n - I'm very jealous of your babylegs. I had been randomly checking IB all morning, then I saw your post about the sale on babylegs and headed straight there. By the time I'd reached the page they were back to full price. GRRR. Enjoy them, the soft ones are so lush!

suse - I find B4B a bit addictive. When I buy one thing, I HAVE to buy a few more from the same seller to get my moneys worth on postage hahaha evil B4B

Anna - I hope River is settling in at home. I bet the boys are being the perfect big brothers picking out their favourite newborn nappies for their new little brother.

I just had DF reading over my shoulder "What's MCN short for, what about OBV, WOHB, IB, BBH, DS, DF...etc." After giving him explanations of what seemed like a thousand abbreviations for nappy related things he looks up at me and says "what the hell is a fluff shop!?" I could only imagine what he was thinking it was....

Mel - Well my plan is to have at least 50 by the time bub is born in September. If not more.....I feel like I am already addicted but yet don't have any till we arrive back in Brisbane.

CM - when I can do it, I put my nappies on the line till they are almost dry and then in the dryer for 10 minutes to finish them off. Hasn't been done for a while because of my pelvis though.

MMM - most of my stash are OSFM, and I have about 20 NB/Small sized. In total I have about 80 and I will have 2.5 in cloth in June.

CM - most nappies will go stiff in the sun, its the speed of drying. So you could either hang them out at night or just do what I do - scrunch them when I pull them off the line

OK. So what do I do with Pip to TT him now he's tellin me when he's done a poo?

So this new b4b has a cat feel to it?

WoHB - BBB with BB PUL cover.

Aurials here too! Ari loves hers and again wanted it on ASAP - so sad the snap came off our new puppy pocket so have to visit Sam for the snap press on the weekend. Ari is carrying her nappy around, trying to put it on herself.

CM - yep have the same thing here, I hand mine out at night and then bring them in as soon as they dry in the morning (about 10am by the time the sun gets the dew out of them but they doo seem softer) or alas lots of time they go in the dryer - I know very environmentaly unsound.

Umm a new second site sounds exciting! When is it appearing???? I have sooooo much stuff to get rid of.

Best go

WOHB - purple cord iish fly ballerina bling

kaz - it might just

CM - dont worry, my jealousy of all those who got auriels matches yours to the baby legs. I really was lucky.

saram - hold onto that massive stash to cull for just a lil bit.......... you never know what could be around the corner

wohb - itti. should be a NN!!

Twinkle Lily closing down for a while girls - get in while the goings good!

hey girls
    me again

just a quick question. my nappies still have a slight wee smell after i wash them(and he hasnt even pooped in one yet )....
    at the moment i wash them with hot water and cold rinse on a long cycle and then pop them in the warm dryer(not very enviromentally friendly i know but still better than sposies) as we have had a fairly wet week. am i doing it completely wrong?? should i be giving them a quick rinse in the laundry tub before i wash them? does the sun actually get smells out aswell or is it just stains?

also,
    what is WOHB and other similar terms??

i know WOHB is 'whats on his butt', but what do the other ones mean?

Kate: Just be careful which nappies you wash hot - there are several that shouldnt be washed that hot. It will deteriorate them very quickly, or shrink them!

Try adding a drop or two of lavender or eucalyptus oil to the rinse.

If you have any sun, hang them in it, then put them in the dryer to finish them off

Most of the other abbreviations are nappy names...IB itti bitti, WC Wild Child, BBH baby beehinds hemp...etc

WOHB: Hey diddle diddle sandman

WOEB is what's on Em's butt. Is that what you were meaning Kate? For people with more than 1 in nappies they replace the H with the child's initial. Most of my posts only have E but some have S too.

The sun will sometimes help with the smell, otherwise a strip wash is likely to be needed. They are in the care section.

i have only got cushie tushies. are they ok to wash on hot?? and the cushie tushies i have are only a week old maybe i am not washing them fast enough once they come off his bum. i took it off him after an overnight stint and washed it the next morning. so it was 24hours before i washed it. i should probably mention i didnt dry pail it i just had it near my washing pile... does it make a difference?

Ali will help you out with that one

For what its worth, I wash very second day, so I dont think that really makes a huge difference. Certainly putting them in a pail or not doesnt make a difference that I have noticed.

Best thing I have found for smelly nappies is about a teaspoon or so of bicarb soda and no washing powder - does the trick. I only wash cold unless I am doing a strip wash and I wet pail - I am such a black sheep here :-) I sometimes found when Ari was teething that her nappies would be smellier than other times

thankyou lovely ladies i am SO excited i have a package of 7 nappies coming next week so i will only have 9 in total but its my start! i just love them. i am restricted though as my partner wont let me buy fitteds they have to be osfm because otherwise we wont be getting our money worth(apparently)

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast