Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #171.

Maz - I've taught myself to crochet (very badly) and have made a few wonky bits and pieces while waiting for BB to come back online! All other crafty, creative stuff went out the window when the design company I worked for went bust... I did toy with the idea of "pimp my nappy" for a bit, but lethargy overcame me.

Gigi- with the birth of DS came the loss of my booty... and NOTHING makes him stay asleep. Not even the heavy duty medication the pharmacist didn't want to sell to me, even though I had a prescription for it. "Have you tried sleep school?" she says... argh!

Now I'm just waiting on a GF NN, and some custom lovelies from Maz and I think that will be the very last fluff I will be getting for a long, long time.

Morning Ladies

I'm as of now ignoring all posts in relation to licious lullabies except for Maz's in the hope I see her announce a stocking. I can't bare to hear all this talk of them without having one myself lol

Lea - please don't sell your stash on FB without first adding me as a friend! My first name is Ashleigh and you'll find me on Maz, Jess, Marlene, Ali and Mel's facebook.

Anyone else want to add me, that's where to find me

Woke up this morning to a "bang bang bang" on my bedroom door. DS had woken Grandma up before me HAHAHA so funny. And guess what he gave her first thing? A big poopy MCN that she had no idea what to do with.

Jess - soon you'll be joining Marlene at babylegs anonymous, and I like it

Does anyone know how much the printed IB's are going to be? Thanks for the heads up on when they go up.

Velour lined Auriel? Kitt3n? Is that from B4B? woohoo! so lush!

Would it be ok to do a canesten rinse on the nappies? Wondering if Em's rash has something to do with candida.

WOHB: Magicall

I added you Ashleigh!

My soakers are on their way. Now how do I go about lanolising them? one is done but one isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky_Monkey View Post

I'm as of now ignoring all posts in relation to licious lullabies except for Maz's in the hope I see her announce a stocking. I can't bare to hear all this talk of them without having one myself lol
    :yeahthat:

Ladies i have a question for you.
    One of Maddi's snoozywuns has this horrible smell that i can't get rid of.
    I've done a few strip washes but the smell is still there. Not really sure what else i can do.

AnnaT - Do you have some Lansinoh? Dissolve a pea-sized amount of that in some hot water in a bucket. When the water is just warm (30 degrees ish) add the woollies and swish them around. Leave them for half an hour or longer, then squeeze out the water and leave the woollies to dry flat in the shade.

mind balnk what are DD's???

ashleigh will add you .. feedind dd to sleep then will jump on fb..

NaNa - i have an appt with the nurses this arvo to get dd into Ellen barron center.. its a sleep school , i went there wits DS but i think DD is waay worse than him ....

some nights phenergan is the only thing to get DS to sleep , DD goes to sleep on the boob ok but sleeps for a few mins before shewakes ... i is soooo tied

Hells bells girls don't you all sleep???? A new thread and already 3 pages!

No fluffy mail for me today... i don't think i am actually waiting on anyting tho...must fix that.

marlene lol on the "night nappy" good on you for trying! I must have booffer of a bub, Em is 9kgs and 4 months younger than jack!

Ali- I did a canesten rinse on mine. The instructions that came with my loulou (i think) said its ok to do one every now and then or a dettol rinse. hoepfully that helps your Em's rash.

We are off to a babies galore today cause they are closing down...hoping to find a bigger nappy bag to fit the wetbag and mcns in!

lea - we went to sleep school, but controlled crying is not for us. Getting DS to sleep isn't our problem. Getting him to stay asleep is a big issue. (This isn't nappy related... yet...) We tried polaramine and pain stop, and it did nothing! I'm beyond tired. Washing nappies is the only reason I'm out of my pjs, and the prospect of fluffy mail is keeping me from going nuts or PND!

Morning gorgeous ones! i'm at work so briefly popping in and skimmed and now going to vent.

**WARNING VENT AHEAD**

We dropped the kids off at daycare this morning to be told by one of the group leaders that since the government is cracking down on accreditation stuff - our cloth nappies have to be covered with a plastic pilcher because of legislation.

Well I hit the friggin roof didn't I. Told her that the old fashioned pilchers don't breathe and I may as well be using disposables

She said that for health and safety reasons we need to supply them with a plastic pilcher, because the nappies leak. And I turned around to her and sharply said "they only leak because they don't get changed often enough". And she said NO, they leak. We change him often enough.

I felt like saying "listen you stupid biatch - I give you 6 goddamn nappies to change him throughout the day - and you send me back 3 (on average) that have not been used. I send you enough to change him every 2 bloody hours, and here you are standing in front of me telling me its a problem with MY nappies - not the fact that you guys aren't changing him when I TOLD YOU TO".

But I didn't. I said nothing and looked away after giving her a dirty look.

So DH asked what we were going to do, and I said I'm not purchasing plastic pilchers - I'll give them a motherease cover (to put over the bumg's that they get given, friggin ridiculous) and that should be ok.

Just shiats me to no friggin end, cos like, disposables leak - but they aren't made to put pilchers over the top - and mine only leak because they leave them on TOOOOOO BLOODY LONG.

ARGHHHHH

Stupid.

So anyhooo.. thats my vent.

Everyone else having a nice day I'm assuming ?

Will be walking to the PO Box today (DH has the car) to see if I have any fluffy mail...still waiting on itti bitties. I don't think I'm waiting on anything else, but I cant remember, LOL. Just got the stimulus money in the bank this morning...so watch out fluff, here I come!!!! (After I've paid for all Jack's 1st b/day stuff and party that is)

eej....yeah Jack's only little for his age I think, but my Mitchell is the same, he is almost 9 and one of the smallest in his class. He is the fittest though. Wins every sport/race he attempts (except swimming) LOL....and he just loves to show us how he can do one armed push-ups, PMSL, DH can't even do them!!!

ETA: Sorry you've had a crappy morning. Stoopid daycare centre!!!

eej - your gal and my gal are the same age and Gabirella is 7.2 kgs .. either you have a boof or my girl is tiny !!
    DD has been labled "below average " by many people

NaNa - i hate controlled crying too .. im not sure what im going to do at sleep school ... but all i know is 6-8 breast feeds a night is not doing me any good , considering DD feeds about 12-14 breast feeds a day .. its almost 1 an hour .. im going mental !!!!!!!

got my 3 woddlebots this morning !! woo about to prewash them now !!

Mel - oh crap! Do these people live under a rock? Oh, yeah, Nambour... they probably do... aaaarrrrrgghhh!!

BTW, Lea - DD = Daddle Doo oh, and sleep school call it "modified" controlled crying. Good luck, and be strong. They don't look kindly on feeding to sleep, even if it works for you.

Yeah I think i have a bit of a booffer! I worry at times she is too big but she just above average on the charts but I say phooy to charts. But DH and I aren't tiny. I don't know why they think babies have to be the same, look at adults and how different we all are! Crazy...sorry not nappy related! Good luck with sleep school Lea!
    Champion DD Marlene!
    Mel what a stupid rule! In my experience sposies leak alot more than the MCNs! Igdits

i went to sleep school with DS and the waiting list was so long he was fine when he went there ... if not sleep school , then what

dd is sleeping now .. but im not

ashleigh have added you on FB !

Jack is only in the 10th percentile...and the MCHN was tring to get me to drop some of his BF's for more solid foods. He eats like a horse (i've never seen a baby eat as much as him, lol) and enjoys his boobie...so stuff the MCHN, lucky I don't believe in those silly charts!!

Just waiting for Jack to wake up so I can go check for more fluff. Am on the prowl for a NN to order this afternoon, have to go to the bank first and transfer some money into my Visa debit.

WOJB...terry flat and blue BBH cover.

dunno, lea. I'm trying everything. DP tried to blame it on big night nappies, but I blame it on DS inheriting his hyper personality!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast