Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #172.

Maz shutting up ...ive said to much

FLUFFY MAIL :LEAP:

Gigi honey - thank you ...now I have your address *inserting evil grin*

Anaa - thank god you got it then...I cant believe the public system doesnt allow you to have the choice to do a c or not...that is just poohya

Im sitting on my back lawn...in the sun watching my babies playing in the sand pit.....ah im gonna miss this later in life...arent i

WOMB - green IB filled with sand :roll eyes:

Anna- No judgement here either... Had a huge fight trying to get my DS done... had to get him done at 12 months GL.. So much better getting done young...

Maz- Awwweee-

Loving those wetbags.

YAY on all the fluffy mail today... glad u ladies age getting some...

Ok, "fitted" ladies...

Harmony got some of those $10 fitteds from the hemp shop, and they are DEVINE!!! Well padded and SO SO pretty.... for staying at home, do I really need to cover?? I dont want too *pouting*....

WOHB.. SHP fitted flowers
    WOKB.. CT choc basix (in bed, rest time)

jodie - I dont use covers at home usually...babylegs most of the time here no matter what she is wearing. But unless she is having a "lets pull of our nappy day" no cover Im hoping harmony isnt having 'lets pull our nappy of days" yet! lol

WOHB: BumG

PB - depends how heavy a wetter she is. Laa wont out wet anything before she poos in it! I just prefer to use covers - but go for a fitted with some babylegs and see how you go, you will probably be fine especially if its a warmer day i would assume

Nope, not yet!!
    Thanks, I SO dont wanna cover these ones up...

Nice day here... and I change her often enough she prob wouldn't wee too much... fitted and b/l for a while and we'll see how she goes!!

Wow this thread moves fast. I just got a CT's angel dots woot woot!! I am addicted and DD isn't even here yet LOL.

There are some flushable biodegradable liners on ebay. Anyone tried those?

Anna - Did you get my text last night? Sorry I sent it so late, saw you were online and knew you would be up but didn't think of the time!! Good luck on Monday Rip is getting used to not being the baby anymore too hun, so no beating yourself up

Alexis - If she is having those days, try putting the nappy on backwards to confuse her at random nappy changes.

I know my big girl is growing up. She got birthday presents in the mail today. I reckon DH might buy her a barbie of something, whatever she points out. Being 3 opens up most of the toy department to her

I need to check our bank balance and if no Krudd money has arrived I need to hunt out our NOA's from last year. Sigh.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

ok, just read 4 pages, have to be quick, don't know hol long bilby will be glued to "charlie and lola"!

BABYLEGS
    there are babylegs (madeinUSA), huggalugs (aust) the toodl ones on weewuns and also handknitted woolly legwarmers at sustainable hemp products. i don't know about the ebay ones, i tried the target ones, found them much smaller and less forgiving elastic.
    Cos the SHP ones come in different sizes (and i think you can get them in custom sizes) i presume they would be a good bet, for the bigger kids.

WASHING MCN

Marlene, the normal washing detergent is much stronger than the sensitive washing detergents. Detergent BUILD UP is an enemy of hemp and bamboo. Making the boosting LESS ABSORBENT. which leads to having to do strip washes. So i would personlaly avoid the NORMAL STRENGTH washing detergents, even if your child is not sensitive to polyester etc.

With the Aware Sensitive being lumpy - sorry i forget who posted that scenario - i use it with HOT water and have no lumps. Are you using it with COLD water by any chance?

Newbie Sarah, with the just hanging together washing machine, you have my sympathy hon, a good washing machine is most excellent, when you have a baby around! The pre-wash cycle is wonderful for washing nappies. if you have one!

The little squirt is wonderful for getting OUT of the nappies, the kind of poo you describe your child has. i got my LS 2nd hand, it's the BESZT thing i ever bought, to do mcn with. Makes such easy work of getting the poo off.

but having a decent washing machine is ALSO a big help. Ours died when bilby was two months old, and i was pretty ill at the time, so i HATED having to buy a new washing machine, i get so nervous buying an expensive item like that, but anyhoo, it was the best thing in the long run, cos with a baby, i was using it at least once per wash, if not twice. And going to laundromat with a nb was not fun.

now Matteauz, be gentle to your mamma!

Kazbah, i hope you can TTC soon! Is it Pip's birthday yet? i am losing track of time!

welcome Plonky and Sarah!

i use mama pads for my cycle now, and it's like TLC for yourself once a month, i have stopped dreading my cycle (the bleach and harsh materials in sposies used to irritate my skin - but it was all i knew, so i just accepted it, at the time).

Once you find out the care instructions, and realise it's do-able, then i could get my head around it. until then, just like with the npapies, i was initially put off, because i thought "but eww, what about the poo?" - as soon as i found out about the Little Squirt - i was fine. Obsidian Star is a good name to google for info about cloth pads. she has a whole site just dedicated to Cloth Pads for Dummies (well that's my title, but you get the idea). ANYTHING you might want to know about cloth pads, is covered, on her site. (which is SEPARATE to her retail sites).

Maz - time to stalk your postie!

wotbb: imse vimse cloth trainers
    (What's on the bilby's butt)

Charlie and Lola - i could just KISS them, only thing that calms the savage bilby!

Someone said they like Auriels??? b4b...

GiGi- Ur a world of knowledge... Love ur work.

So bored cos i couldnt make the meet today... and not allowed to buy fluff... but i so badly want to... so many things i like,

can i put velour in the dryer on low, will this help de-fluff the fabric?

Front loading washers - who asked? Kitt3n maybe? I have one, a MIELE brand. LOVE IT. Fits so much in it, has all the pre-rinse/wash, extra water, gentle wash, woollen wash etc. settings. Everything you can possibly think of, it has it.

Speaking of washing. Thank-you so much to Maz for suggesting Euca washing powder for my nappies. Picked some up at woolies yesterday and used it on a load of MCN today - smells delicious! And you only need to use such a tiny amount.

Anna - I hope River goes well with his C. If you ever need someone to watch the boys just let me know.

I got stimulated by K-Rudd today. Was a nice surprise - didn't think I was eligible. Unfortunately no fluff with it though, it's going into our wedding budget.

Ordered my wedding dress a few days ago BUT - with all of this talk of TTC I realised that my dress might not fit me if we do get lucky soon. Hmm... oops.

Arimeh - making clothes is pretty simple, if you're not sure just go with the patterns marked "EASY" lol I'm in the middle of making a flower girl dress for my niece at the moment.

Ali - yeah, tired the backwards thing... She is too smart for mummy. Took her about 5 mins to figure out how to pull them off! lol
    Hubby has turned to drastic measures - the safety pin!

WOHB: iish fly Fitzall- brown cord ballerina

just realised i hyped ppl up oops...they aint quite babylegs as ive mentioned n they will cover up ur pretty nappies...but they do come with a cute print on the butt as compensation, u get the drift? It didnt quite cross my mind that itd cover wht ud want to show as my nappies r jst boring plain coloured ones. Never the less when i finally jump on the lappy will post the piccies
    Forgot what else i was gonna write so bbl

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

so Rhoda, what was it like? mcning your little dragon in HOng Kong, please tell me exactly where you went again? How did the laundry situation go, whilst travelling?

i am so in awe of you, travelling OS with a small bub!

soooo sad NO fluff here today.....LOTS of snot though....Pooor Jack has a runny nose damn teeth wish they would hurry up!!! instead of playing games...

Ok ladies just how much difference is there in size with Itti's between the Medium and the Large?

DS is currently in a large with the snaps done up so the wings are touching, but not overlapped. Would be fit mediums at all?

WOOT WOOT!!! Fluffy mail today! I got a Mandy Mac NN and a Sandman with cute little nursery rhyme pictures on it. Just gotta get through the prewashing now so we can use them.
    Still waiting on my ittis...got an email saying they were posted on the 14th (last Tuesday from Sydney), but still no sign of them...I hope they haven't got lost, they weren't registered. Both my NN's (from QLD and VIC) that I received today were posted on the 18th (Saturday morning).

WOJB...Green kids minky times...Lagoon.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast