Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

pretty much all of our nappies have fit jamie since 7 or 8 months he hasnt grown much actually gotten taller and skinnier lol it will be different with #2 lol im almost frightened of 2 in cloth lol better get DH to install the LS

WOJB: BBH night with his BIG BROTHER custom maz cover

We don't have a huge amount of nappies. At my largest, my stash was 143 for 2 kids. Friggin insane right? Then I culled to 92, then I got it to about 65, then 52.

Some of that time I had 3 in cloth though. Full time - nights too.

Now we use sposies at night cos I was sick of the leaking - and the fact we live in tassie so it takes sooo long to get them dry, and they would just stink cos no sun that often down here.

So at the moment I have 2 in cloth (DS is day trained, still uses a sposie of a night time) and I think I have about 30 nappies. For both of them. DD1 uses Widdlewuns (but I need to get her some more cos she's getting plumbers crack issues with her mediums) and DD2 uses Dragonfly Magik. Thats all I have in my stash other than 2 GF's which are too small for DD2 now. Thats enough for a few days here, and then I use flats to fill in the days until the others are dry again.

You mean I've got more nappies than you Mel? I've got about 35 and only one in cloth. That'd do us for 4 days (washing every 2 days). I've got a mix, mostly OSFAs, but I'm lucky that we don't seem to have a problem with fit, everything I've got is OK on him. I'm being very strong and not buying anything in the CNH 'cause I don't need any more. (I want, but not need)

WOIB: Mandy Mac purple night & massive Disdina wool cover.

I do our nappies in "rounds" - one round in use, one round on the line (usually take 2 days to dry), and one round ready to go in the cupboard. Each "round" is two days worth, so I have 3 dozen (plus a few spares) for Laa. She has 24 pockets and 12 AI2's.

Laa isn't showing any signs of TT'ing so I am pretty sure we are going to have 2 in cloth for a while. Laa was into the mediums from around 3 months, I assume this bub will be too. So, I have a NB/small stash but after that I have 24 pockets and 12 AI2's ready to go for the new squish too. So, 3 dozen each.

I could get away with less if we didnt live in a unit - everything has to dry on the balcony (and often doesnt!!)

I am a "perfect fit" snob. All of our nappies are Beetlebums, Sugar Shots, Widdlewuns or GF. (and a couple of "spare" Auiels).

WOHB - Beetlebums inside out - paddlepop i think it's called

i have 22 pea pods, 2 BBH bamboo fitteds, 2 BBH hemp fitteds,1 BBH multi-fit, 2 CT's, 1 bumgenius, 1 haute, and 2 earfts (which i dont use coz they are pretty c*%#). the pea pods are starting to really get a bit too small for DS but still fit enough at the moment. i have just gone back to work so money is still a little tight at the moment. i am going to try and make my own to suit DS tho. i find the BBH are the best fit for him. plus if i use a pea pod insert in the bumg, it fits awesome!!! i have 2 patterns with one being a side snap one so will see if they fit better for DS. i try not to use the CT as they are just an extremely poor fit for DS. i am thinking about selling them. only used the half a dozen times each.

WOHB - pea pod

oh ok, so including my hated nappies i have about the same as u guys, just not very many gd ones. tho it should be looking better when my fluff mail arrives this week or early next week. i may or may not have gone a lil crazy when there were bubblebubs on special......... dont tell DF, i have listed my newborn nappies for sale on NA to make up some funds lol

i tend to wash every day and chuck them in the dryer on cool to dry cos they take forever otherwise and the ones in my only if i have to pile leak almost every time and i get so sick of doing 5 million clothing changes and it makes so much more washing!!

teresa- im so jealous that ur pea pods and bbh work for u, i have 3 peapods and a few different bbh and they are part of my only if i have to pile cos they just dont fit very well.

WOCB: green pea pod and thirsties cover

Ummm.... I've got more than 60. BUT that is a nb stash, and smalls, and some mediums, and some backups. I wanted to get a bit of larger size stash going while we still had my income, and then can swap out or whatever as we figure out what works. There's a fair amount of homemade stuff in there too.

We're sunny Qld, so sun time isn't too big a deal, but the humidity is, and this week it's insane.

Wow, that's a lot of nappies. So far I've got... 8 and have to wash daily. Thank god the ittis dry really fast! I've just really started and I'm just at the beginning of building my stash but I'm already addicted. My husband has already put a cap of 36 nappies or three days worth on me though however he didn't put a caveat of whether that was just new nappies or all nappies. I wonder if I've just found a loop hole...

WOHB - itti tutto

Double Post
    Last edited by Yeddi; September 28th, 2010 at 05:02 PM.

cmarfol - the pea pods only work if they are on for a short time - ie no more then 2 hours tops. they are just a bad fit but they work at the moment as long as they arent on for too long. i am finding that the BBH fit him great. would love to stock up on more in future.

Hehe.. I've just been told by FAO that I'm getting some money in early October.. so finally - will be able to bug the beautiful Christie at Widdlewuns for some larges and some smalls for the new bub - yayy.. (yes I know, I'm a total nappy snob, but thats ok.... I can live with it.. lol)

Teresa - I'm the same as you. BBH work wonders on our little miss and our peapods are our afternoon "before bathtime" nappy. DH likes them because they dry so quickly but they are a bit of a strange fit, slightly big around the thighs here and despite all my boosting - will sometimes leak.

I have gone 2 weeks without buying a nappy. I must be sick.
    cmar.. since when did bubblebubs have a sale!? how did I miss that!??

We've been using disposables at night on our little guy (similar to you Arimeh's Eden- cloth just wasn't doing it for us at night)... anyway I have to share about watching my H put that disposable nappy on. I swear he makes it look SOOO hard! He can whip a cloth nappy on no fuss- but the disposable goes on and off and pulled up again, and on and off and "please don't wriggle" on again. It's painful Tonight he was yanking it around so much he ripped it. Blamed the nappy of course but I think seeing it had successfully gone on three times already there was nothing wrong with it

poopie they had a sale on bubblebubs last night of 30% off (i didnt find it until 11pm) announced on facebook and darlings had a 25% off sale for CNH the other day as well... not that u need any more!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmarfol View Post
    i had a thought this morning (while i was having severe nappy rage at our cushie tushies and BBH, it seems mr c is between sizes/snaps ) just how many nappies do u girls actually have per bub? and what do u have as work horse (cheapish) naps? i have no idea how many i have but i have about 1 1/4 days worth of ones that fit and i want to use... i am considering (getting around to) doing a cull to fund buying some more that fit properly. and i am desperate for some bubblebub fluff i bought last week to arrive it seems like they are the only ones to fit properly atm.
    I have 19 Abby Gro's and they do us for 2-3 days depending on how much water DD drinks (yes, she can still go through 8 nappies a day at 17 months!). She's a champion peeer. Abby Gro are the only ones i found that will fit DD properly whether she is about to growth spurt or not. I found Cushie Tushies were a sucky shape and when DD was bulking up for a growth spurt I'd get wing droop and leaks. The workhorses i have (bonnibuns) I put in for an hour or so before playgroup just to stop her wetting everywhere but the don't last her now. I just use them for a short stint like if i'm going to be changing her before going out or if she poos 60-90mins before night bath time (pre dinner).

Meow: DP is the same with disposables and will now reach for cloth over the disposables. I make sure they're all made up for him though because of course can't figure out 3 snaps to construct them....

WOCB: Sposie.... Night nappies are only for day naps now because she was constantly flooding the bed....
    Last edited by CrazyLady; September 28th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLady View Post
    Meow: DP is the same with disposables and will now reach for cloth over the disposables. I make sure they're all made up for him though because of course can't figure out 3 snaps to construct them....
    I have to make our nappies up too. My H is a seriously intelligent man but when it comes to stuffing nappies he's pretty useless. Apparently the insert being inside the cover is sufficient. Never mind the fact that the insert is all bunched up so would be terribly uncomfortable and the nappy leaks straight away as there are huge sections with no insert in place to wet right through.

My Dh absolutely hates sposies. He had to put one on my nephew early this year, and stuffed it up so badly that BIL ended up with wee all down his leg - GOLD. Meanwhile, he is a gun with cloth, he says it's more logical. I'm happy with that

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast