Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 54 of 355

Thread: Cloth Nappies #187

  1. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ouiinslano
    Posts
    5,303

    Default

    I'm interrupting my Fluff Play Day (where I sit in my sewing room, play with my stash, make stuff, drink tea and generally potter) to bring you this inane addition to the thread:

    WOTB: IV flanie flat with Bummis super brite NB cover
    (What's on Teddy's Bottom - we have this gorgeous knitted teddy that MIL bought us in Maryborough, and I always practise nappy fits on him. This was today's edition.)

    Anyway, I'll leave the serious stuff up to you guys...


  2. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mooroopna
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Alrighty so i keep seeing the name dragonfly magik pop up....off to google im on mission to try out differnt brands atm......damn that facebook page!

    WOSB - BBH magicall (old style)

  3. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mooroopna
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Doh! all outta stock! Ah well will have to keep watch for when there is some. They look nice though and im yet to try a side snap

  4. #40

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wagga wagga NSW
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    well DS has been out peeing the pea pod with booster for the last few nights so i thought i would try a bbh bamboo fitted boosted to see how he went. well he normally goes to be at 7-730 but last night he wouldnt go to sleep and everytime we put him in his cot he would wake up and laugh and smile at us! so i changed his nappy to the normal pea pod with booster and the little critter went straight to sleep!! maybe the bbh with the pul was a bit too hot for him!!

    WOHB - pea pod at the moment.

  5. #41

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    Audax- reminds me of my son's baby doll which we recently nappied
    WOBB: Eenee microfibre flat with snappi (no cover- his baby is very small).

    WOEB: Green GK anytimes (my fave!)

  6. #42

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not with crazy people
    Posts
    8,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Minny~ View Post
    Doh! all outta stock! Ah well will have to keep watch for when there is some. They look nice though and im yet to try a side snap
    send her a message hon...or even better I'll hook you up

  7. #43

    Default

    Teresa- DD always hated the BBH nappies and covers until she was right on the cusp of sizing up. I think they were too wide for her.

    Today has been one giant poo to DD again............ Lucky DP was home and I was "busy" in the garden Quite impressed with the containment of the AGs after todays epic efforts. They were EPIC and would rival any other child's poo I swear!

    WOCB: errrr...... Whatever Daddy put on her post bath while I ran around like a mad woman trying to finish off the noisy housework I avoided today.

  8. #44

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Exciting! Fluffy mail was waiting for me on my office desk when I arrived this morning. I took advantage of the BBH discount the other week and stocked up on some medium sized petites, a couple of night nappies and covers. However - WOAH - how massive are they compared to the small size - hahahah. I can hardly believe DD will ever fit into them but she is already on the largest size of the small in the petites? Maybe they will shrink a bit when they wash.......

    Also, a question - DD is due for her 8 week injections next week, do I need to use disposables for a couple of days? I vaguely remember reading that their wee and poos from the injections can stain the nappies and the stains don't come out? We aren't having any dramas getting general stains out as long as the sun is around to bleach them clean.

  9. #45

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    starangelk- I don't think any vax cause staining. But if you give panadol, that can stain- but apparently comes out after a while anyway. We didn't give the rotavirus vax but it is a live vax so contains rotavirus which they poop out, so best to use an antibacterial rinse on your nappies.

    Nappy news: Bubblebubs have 25% off till midnight tomorrow. No code- everything is marked down. I stocked up on foamy wipes wash- love that stuff! I bought some more of their wipes. I bought some before and really like them and I guess I'll need more with two in cloth. I made most of mine but I can't see myself getting much sewing in lately.

    I also have some bubblebubs bambam deluxe nappies on the way! They are a new bamboo/hemp blend fitted nappy- they look lush

  10. #46

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Qld
    Posts
    14,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starangelk View Post
    Also, a question - DD is due for her 8 week injections next week, do I need to use disposables for a couple of days? I vaguely remember reading that their wee and poos from the injections can stain the nappies and the stains don't come out? We aren't having any dramas getting general stains out as long as the sun is around to bleach them clean.
    Yeah what meow said. I've never had any stains from vaccinations, just panadol. And I used flats when DD1 got the rota virus vax, and I didn't have DD2 immunised against the rota virus one so no need for me to worry about it this time around.

  11. #47

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Under the rock
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    I also have some bubblebubs bambam deluxe nappies on the way! They are a new bamboo/hemp blend fitted nappy- they look lush
    i bought one bubble bubs bambam to see what it was like and it is soooo nice, i am planning on getting more when i get to it.

  12. #48

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Victoria
    Posts
    8,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    starangelk- I don't think any vax cause staining. But if you give panadol, that can stain- but apparently comes out after a while anyway. We didn't give the rotavirus vax but it is a live vax so contains rotavirus which they poop out, so best to use an antibacterial rinse on your nappies.
    I was wondering about this vaccine and washing nappies a couple of weeks back. If the rotavirus vax is a live vaccine, then it sounds like it contains a live virus. An antibacterial rinse would act on bacteria, so is there any benefit to adding this when talking about a virus? I'm not knocking you, i haven't been able to found the info on rotavirus vaccine and cloth nappies. I used hot water to wash the nappies post vaccination- but again, i couldn't find info on whether heat, and what temp, would kill the live virus or how long the virus survives outside the body.

  13. #49

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Diggers Rest VIC
    Posts
    2,945

    Default

    i never did anything special after the vaccines and we had no issues they said to me that i just had to be careful like washing my hands etc the normal hygeine procedures i would think but who knows ppl are always giving different advice

  14. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    I was wondering about this vaccine and washing nappies a couple of weeks back. If the rotavirus vax is a live vaccine, then it sounds like it contains a live virus. An antibacterial rinse would act on bacteria, so is there any benefit to adding this when talking about a virus? I'm not knocking you, i haven't been able to found the info on rotavirus vaccine and cloth nappies. I used hot water to wash the nappies post vaccination- but again, i couldn't find info on whether heat, and what temp, would kill the live virus or how long the virus survives outside the body.
    I was advised to use the eucalyptus washing powder (Eulactol?). It's supposed to be antibacterial. Good point about virus VS bacteria

  15. #51

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Under the rock
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    woohoo the warm wash got pretty much all marks out, the sun (the whole 5min before it started raining again) got all our other stains out
    i have fluff in the mail! a jigsaw OSFM and 2 greenkids pockets, so exciting, and will soon (pending payment tomorrow) have 2 cute tushies

    WOCB- yellow BBH Petite

  16. #52

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not with crazy people
    Posts
    8,023

    Default

    I soo need a fluffy fix...Ck are having random stockings...hmmmmmm

  17. #53

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ormeau
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    I have a question for you girls. I'm going cloth with bubba number 2. I'm going to be buying a bunch of Blueberry's OSFM pretty soon, but my questions is how long will it be from birth before they fit her? DS was 6 pound 1 ounce so I'm expecting little Juliette to be about the same if not smaller as I haven't craved any junk this pregnancy and haven't out on any weight wheras with DS I put on 30kgs. I was thinking if its just a few weeks then I could just use sposie's? I know its bad but I just don't have the finances to buy another whole set of nappies for a few weeks and people have offered to buy some nappies at the baby shower.

    Thanks for listening!

  18. #54

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    I was wondering about this vaccine and washing nappies a couple of weeks back. If the rotavirus vax is a live vaccine, then it sounds like it contains a live virus. An antibacterial rinse would act on bacteria, so is there any benefit to adding this when talking about a virus? I'm not knocking you, i haven't been able to found the info on rotavirus vaccine and cloth nappies. I used hot water to wash the nappies post vaccination- but again, i couldn't find info on whether heat, and what temp, would kill the live virus or how long the virus survives outside the body.
    Good point. I never did anything special after vax, but like I said we didn't give our son the rotavirus vax. The only live vax he has had is MMR and again I didn't do anything special to wash them.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •