Thread: Cloth wipes? and wet bag?

Default Cloth wipes? and wet bag?

Hi,
    I think I am all set up nappy wise but am wondering about the wipe situation. I have been given a gazillion nb sposies and wipes at my shower but what do you girls use for wipes if you dont want to use commercal ones?
    I have just cut up some old flannel jammies and zigzagged them on my machine. I think there are about 35. Will this do?

Also, what do you use to put used cloth nappies in when out and about? Do you have a special wet bag? What about the stink?

So much to think about and that is only at one end!!! lol

They'll be perfect. Great way to recycle too! Well done you!

I use a PUL wetbag. I bought it from Darlings Downunder for around $25.

HTH

Celsie. xoxox
    Last edited by Celsie; December 30th, 2007 at 07:49 PM.

i got a wetbag with my new nappy bag as for solution i use foamy wipes wash from bubblebubs, the wipes dont smell, nappies do sometimes!!

Forgot to mention... Solution wise...

I use water mixed with a solution of essential oils. It contains hempseed oil, which replenishes moisture while leaving a barrier of anti-microbial protection and tea tree and lavender essential oils. I bought it online from Natures Cradle and it came with a spray bottle and can be used on hands, bottom and face.

HTH

Celsie. xoxo

Most nappy places sell the wet bags. I've got a Baby Beehinds one. I have to say, I love cloth wipes - they are so much better.

I have a cushie tushie wet bag and it's soooo awesome. I also have a bummies one for when I go away as it holds 7 nappies.

I have a combination of homemade wipes as well as ones I've bought from nappylicious and from baby softlandings and from sugarshots. I find that the 20 odd that I have don't cut it and I need more. I also use dixie drops for the wipes solution, but I don't like them very much. I want to get the bubblebubs solution and I probably will.

Thanks ladies!
    I was wondering about what to wet them with, I was going to just use water but the oils sound good to me if they protect the skin and kill germs too. From what age is it ok to start using the oils on bubs skin?

I just use cheap face washers for DS, I have a huggies wipe tub put them all in there and then add some water, have enough for 2 days worth, when I wash the nappies anyway, so the water doesn't sit there for too long

I use coloured face washers, with water, but I like the sound of the Bubblebubs solution! I occasionally use chamomile tea if his bum is a bit red. Works a treat

Claire Guest

I just use mostly washers, though I have some happy heiny wipes (which are great!) and plain old water.