Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Help for New Users!

Thank-you Nelle, very helpful.
    If i need a cover which ones are the best (PUL, Wool)?
    Any particular brand or are they basically the same?

They both have their good points. PUL is a throw it in the wash type thing where you need to be more careful with wool.
    Wool needs to be lanolised to make it more waterproof but I have used them without.
    Wool is more breathable than PUL and if you can knit (or are determined to learn) then you can create something totally gorgeous!

Wool will also last a lot longer than PUL so that could be something to consider if you're planning more bubbas.

Don't forget about fleece covers either. These are a great alternative and are beautiful and soft around the legs and are breathable also.

Sammi beat me to it Nelle! next time, promise!

I'll be watching Ange, I'll be watching... (And hurrah for Sammi!)

ROFL

Thanks Sammi
    One last question. Do you have to order them online or is there a store you can buy them from?

Mo- Mainly online. Theweewuns is an online store but her house is in emerald. Janie is really helpful and you can go there to pick up nappies and have a squiz at lots of nappies. Her email address is on her site.
    Sometimes BBH and cute tooshies are at the baby and kids market in hawthorn, you can email them too! Good luck love!

i have just read this whole thread!! im exhusted! LOL!!

ok i have a question can you get them for a girl of 14 months of age?? and what size would i need??

Yeah i think Nelle is exhausted from all the typing too.

Yes Jackie you can get them all sizes. On the web sites there are appoximate weight ranges for each nappy and measurements. It is best to go by the measurements for each nappy rather than the weight range as all bubs are built differently. My GF just started using MCN on her 18month old. (Admittedly it is her first with another on the way so the nappies will get some good use!)

Never too late to start!

ETA- That's 2 Nelle! lol

Thanks Ange, was just at Emerald today as-well, will send off an e-mail

I'm very impressed Ange!

Jackie, I'd guess a 14 month old would be pretty standard Medium size - but Ange is right to double check measurements (unless you get a one size nappy), because there are kids on the large and small sides of medium - and some brand's idea of 'medium' might be bigger than another's.

And Ange is also right in saying that a baby's shape can play a huge role - River for a long time had a small sized waistline, but a medium sized 'rise' (rise is how long the nappy needs to be for there to be no plumber's crack!). There's actually a size called 'Medium Long' in some nappy brands which accomodates this, but we could have done with 'Small Long'! Instead, we had to find nappies that could do up tight, but had a high enough rise.

ok update!! i have put a bid on some on ebay!! so hope i win!!

thanks heaps!!

Sorry Ladies don't mean to be annoying, but with the berry plush nappies can you only buy the snap on's(inserts) when you buy the nappy or can order them later?

Great Jackie, let us know how you go!

Mo, of course you're not annoying! That's what this thread is for, for new people to come and ask all their questions to their heart's content!!

Berry Plush - Many places offer the option of buying extra, or buying the inserts separately. If a site you're looking at sells BP as covers and you can't see where to buy extra, it might be worth emailing them, if you want to buy from them, and see if they can do something for you!

Thanks Nelle
    I measured Maddi she would fit into a small, but her waist is 44cm's.
    Would i be better off buying a Medium or will it be too big for her?
    She weigh's 6.4kg if that helps.

The Wee Wuns has a sizing and weight guide for BP's (they're good like that). I'm guessing that 44cm is pudgy for a 4 month old? I *think* I remember Riv's waist being in the 30's when he was much older? (He was long and skinny)

Here's how I'd decide:
    I'd get a small if: I was going to have more kids anyway, I wanted it now, I didn't think there was a growth spurt on the horizon, I knew that size guides are conservative and nappies often fit a larger range of measurements.
    I'd get a medium if: I was happy to wait or use it as a cover til it fit as an AIO, if I wanted to get a lot of wear out of it, bub was growing steadily.

I've just had a thought though - where do you live? We're near Montrose/Croydon area, and I have Medium and Small BP's if you want to have a look and try the covers on your bub!
    You can PM me if you don't want to broadcast your suburb.

lol yep she's a little puddin I did measure her after she was feed, so guessing she's probably smaller.
    Think I'll go with small, i would love more kids so guess it's a safe option.
    I live in Dandenong North so not too far

Thank-you so much for all you help Nelle, I'm already getting addicted to MCN's i can see I'm gonna spend a fortune on nappies lol

Haha - but not for your second!! Dh started to say 'hey I thought MCN was going to be saving us money, but all you do is spend!!'. And I started to think...you know, he's right.
    But with our second one due - all I've done is buy 12 more prefolds! That's IT! Lucky Riv keeps growing, and there are Large AIO's to be bought, otherwise I'd be very sad.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast