Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swim nappies

Default Swim nappies

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any fave brands / recommendations / brands to avoid for reusable swimming nappies?

I've had a quick look and like everything there just seems to be soooo much choice!

I got into pocket nappies through a friend and just dove straight in and bought a dozen of her brand - I'm not good with choice, I'm a Libran!!!

Cheers.

I stock Monkey Doodlez swim nappies (and currently on special..LOL). Can click my link downt he bottom of my sig

Theres also Mother Ease, Bambino Mio, Imse Vimse

Just to name a few

I am a cheap skate and got a pair from target $12 I think seems to work great we haven't had any accidents etc

I bought one from Kmart for about $10 and it does the job and loks cute too! My swimming teacher advised not to feed bub within 1 hour of going to the pool to avoid poo!!

I got a swim nappy from the Cancer Council shop. There's nothing fancy about them, just need to be able to catch poo, so are usually a better fit than normal little swimmers which are like undies.

Enchanted Guest

Good to know ladies

Oscar is starting swimming lessons in a few weeks so we'll be off to buy a swim nappy or two very shortly!!

We have a Monkey Doodlez. Its very cute! I also have another one from Big W (or maybe its Target?? Cant remember) and its good too.

Thanks all! And so quick to respond too, cheers!
    Will refine my research - I would never have thought to check BigW etc...
    I had seen Motherease and thought they looked good.
    But the Monkeydoodlez do look amazingly gorgeous!!!

Tom wears the Monkey Doodlez and it is really cute. We've never had a poo while swimming ever with either boy *knocks on wood* so that has never been an issue. I got the Monkey Doodlez from Kim - she gives great service .

Hamish wears the Splash About swim nappy and it's been great. It's kind of like wetsuit material and is a boy leg shape with nice fitted legs. The place he does his lessons at only use these and there were no accidents-- pretty amazing considering all the bubs were only 3-4 months when they first started. I'm just about to purchase another pair for his upcoming term. They are $20 and available from Darlings Downunder. Enjoy your swimming lessons-- we love ours!

I'll duck and run here but I use disposable swim nappies (the Huggies ones). They're reusable (to a point) as long as they're not poohed in - I just rinse them under cold water when we get home from the pool and hang them on the line. I bought a single packet of the sposie swim nappies about 4 months ago, and we're still only about a third of the way through the packet, despite swimming lessons every week and swimming in my IL's pool every second day over Christmas. I figured it would be just as cost effective this way, as by the time we have outgrown the current packet, he would have outgrown a cloth swim nappy too.

DoubleK Guest

krystal will be in lessons this year, si ill have to look onto swim nappies soon! thanks for the ideas!

I now also stock Bummis Swimmi's..and Monkey Doodlez are on clearence...so only a few left...just in time for the warmer weather

i'm also interested to hear what suggestions people have as I have been buying the disposable ones, but would like to buy a re-usable swimming nappy

We've got a pair of Zoggs which is one size. We've also got a pair of Splash About which is sized. Both work great although I have DS in the splash about one the most before he outgrows them.

Can I please ask all you experienced mummies what is the smallest size swim nappy you can buy? Either disposable or reusable.....I would like to know as we do alot of swimming in summer and we want our baby to get into swimming from a young age.....

Or do young babies like 1mth-3mths just go in nude?!?!? (i'm talking about the beach not a pool LOL) thanks, i have no idea!

the smallest size in the huggies ones are 7kgs - not really sure what you'd do until they get to 7kgs - I'm sure in the ocean nude would be fine!

Ren i would go nudey bum in the ocean! let them run freee!
    We put Myles in some huggies ones when he ws tiny and just rolled them down! Also you can get enee (i think?) ones which have a buckle you can tighten!
    I know Myles would rather go naked

Good luck! xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast