Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swim nappies

Renstar, our pair of Zoggs is sized as "3 months to 2 years". They are fully adjustable with velcro and press studs.

I reckon if you're going to the beach, go nudie

Thanks girls! Nude it will be

(until 3mths!) then I can get a pair of one of these you've mentioned.

OMG I was just looking at the Wee Wuns website at the Monkey Doodlez.... could they get any cuter???!?! I'm so going to buy a couple of these when bub is born!
    Or should I get one now

Kim - wish I'd been more organised and bought one off you!!

Bummer Ren!

I love my Splashabout Swim Nappy. it is so cute. I like that it is a tight fit so I can see the tiny little baby bum.
    I have also used Zoggs which I always found too generously sized for my slim tall little girl. Too much space at the leg openings. Same goes for the monkey doodles. I guess I should have downsized... well, she'll grow into them eventually.
    For little bubbas, look around for adjustable swim nappies. They will last you longer. From memory, the Bummis ones are adjustable.
    I took DD swimming from 4 months on in the smallest huggies disposables until i bought the reusable ones. if you plan to go swimming regularly, it would definitely be worth buying a reusable one as the Huggies ones aren't cheap.

Sasa

We got the mother-ease one from eBubs for Angus. Works well and looks cute. Well they all look cute :P

I tend to think kids in the pool look pretty darn cute no matter what they're wearing

The smallest cloth swim nappy I've come across is the small in the Mother-ease range. They're fabulous and light weight with side snaps. Really snazzy fabric too.

actually, the splashabout one is even smaller, from 3-6kg. But it is not adjustable, so won't grow much with baby.

I'm not 100% happy with my mother ease, I got the right size weight large 14-18kg jack is 15.2kg not overly big at all but even on the largest clips it is very snug snug around legs oh well
    Last edited by Rach75; October 28th, 2008 at 02:14 PM.

Thumbs up

I have a pair of bright bots which i bought from the cancer council. I bought them in a size 00 and my son is 14 months and still fits into them (just). They are great!

Rach75, every bub is different. some have small waists, other have chunky thighs. so weight alone isn't going to guarantee a good fit. it's always a good idea to try these things on before washing to make sure they fit. a different cut nappy might give you a better fit on the legs.

thats the thing he doesn't have huge thighs or a waist I did try them on before washign and it seemed ok...but when he wore it yesterday he had big marks on his leg and waist, and as I had to buy online I had to find a swim nappy that was big enough a lot didn't go bigger than 15-16kg

Rach75, that must be so annoying.
    Diaperaps makes one that goes to 16.3kg.
    And the Splashabout XL is 13-18 kg. The legs and waist on the Splashabout are on the snug side, too (to keep the poo in), but the bands are very wide and soft and don't tend to leave marks.
    Imse Vimse make a SL nappy that is for 13kg+
    Or you could use a Green Kids pocket nappy without the insert as a swimming nappy. They have velcro so should be able to adjust to your needs.

I guess it's really hard with swim nappies. They need to be pretty tight to keep everything inside, but obviously not too tight so they don't cut off the circulation (or get very uncomfortable).

I chose the mothers ease as they seemed to have a good rep might have a look at the other ones you have mentioned with a good 6 mths more of swimmng weather might be worth another pair thanks

I hope you'll have more luck next time around.
    Just want to say: I have not tried the Diaperaps or Imse Vimse, so don't know how good or bad they are. I have the Greenkids Pocket, but am using it as a normal cloth nappy with insert, not a swim nappy.
    Sasa

I love the Happy Swimmers, and they're probably the cheapest ones around (under $15), but they're just like the Motherease swim nappies that cost $6 or $7 more.

You can get them from eBubs.com.au.
    Last edited by miss_if_only; December 21st, 2009 at 08:14 AM.

Hey, Miss-if-only, as far as I know, I don't think you're allowed to have that photo in your signature, although I have to say, it's very cute.
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    Sasa

Thanks Sasa, I didn't realise, have removed it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast