Thread: does teething make reflux worse?

Question does teething make reflux worse?

as i said in my other thread my almost 3mth old dd is getting a tooth... she suffers from reflux n it seems lately its alot worse for her n shes vomiting more wondering it theres a link?

there is absolutely a link there! Everytime my DS gets a new tooth his reflux really flares up. Generally anything that upsetes their normal routine, be it pain, different surroundings, vaccinations, has the potential to upset thier reflux. i hope her tooth doesn't give her too much trouble.

PS I love her gorgeous name!

I agree there is definately a link, anthing that brings about excess saliva or mucous will upset the reflux unfortunately. Teething, illness and vaccinations are the main ones!

We were told teething and heat effected reflux - lucky me has a reflux baby that seems to be teething in summer. Lots of bibs and changes of clothes!

i hear ya there em lol i was just showing my friend Ash on a web cam coz she is in vic n i am in nsw and she spewed on the mouse lol luckily it still works

LOL t the mouse spew, poor little bub! I agree with the heat, i think the heat is the worst thing for DS's reflux

Cath78 Guest

thank-you!!!! chloe has reflux but hasn't vomited for ages. she is teething again and vomited the other day. and has looked like she was about to vomit a few more times but thankfully hasn't. now it all makes sense!! thanks, i'm relieved - was getting worried she was sick.