Thread: formula fed bub doing funny poos....is it teeth?

Default formula fed bub doing funny poos....is it teeth?

Hi ladies,

Just a question....Amy has been really grizzly this week and has started doing weird sloppy poos, when normally her poos are like smooth peanut butter (sorry TMI). They seem a bit mucousy almost. She does one normal poo and then a couple of these sloppy poos throughout the day. They are quite small compared to her normal poos. Amy is fully formula fed, but most of the info I've read is from bf mums. Any mums who fully formula fed or are currently, what did your bubs do when they were teething? I can't see any teeth but hey it's only been a few days I guess! :-) thanks in advance xx

has she got a cold or runny nose? sometimes its jsut excess mucus from her sinuses making poo mucousy looking

Nope, she seems totally normal apart from the grizzles. When she's not grizzling though she's perfectly happy......she's had a cold before so I know the symptoms and she definitely doesn't have a cold.... There'd have to be a lot of mucous for it to make her poo that runny I would think......but I'm definitely no expert!!!

I asked this week at the health centre about teeth and was told to look at the bottom of the gums where the skin of the bottom lip meets and if it looks raw that means teeth are on the way. I though Caitlin was getting teeth and felt her gums to see if they were sharp or hard but apparently you cannot tell this way.

Caitlin is also formula fed and she does the most disgusting smelling runny poo's all of the time!

Thanks marknjo. I had a look at Amy's gums but they don't look particularly raw but then again I have no idea what to look for. We didn't have the best night last night. Amy did a poo at about midnight! She's NEVER done that before! It was really stinky but not particularly runny. So strange. Once I changed her nappy she was fine and went back to sleep but this morning I noticed she has a couple of patches of nappy rash and her bottom is quite red. Poor little thing. Although she seems happy as larry. Babies can be very confusing sometimes (hang on, make that most of the time!). I'll just have to wait and see!

Zander had the grossest poos when he was teething, it was his only sign! They tended to be more acidic as well & caused him really bad nappy rash.