Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Teeth

Question No Teeth

My DD is 9 months old next week and still not a single tooth! I am sure that she has had all the symptoms described in other threads, but the gums get very swollen and I think this is it, within a few days it goes down and we start all over again. Is this normal? It has been going on for 5 months now. Any advice?

Totally normal! My DS didn't even get his first tooth until he was nearly 11 months old and my first DD got her first tooth at 9 months. My 2nd DD got her first at 8months. Some kids just get them later than others, so there is nothing to worry about. So you will just have to persevere with the symptoms until they start popping through. A sign to look out for as well is the toxic teething poos - they are hard to describe, but you will know one when you see it LOL. My three always gave themselves away by starting to do these nasty poos just before a tooth popped through.

In saying that though, my DS hasn't lost any of his baby teeth yet and he is just over 6 - so maybe getting them late means they lose them a bit later too?

Thanks, looking forward to those toxic poos!

Riley got his first tooth last week the day before he turned 11 months. It felt like he had been teething forever! He got his 2nd one yesterday.

Matilda got her first tooth at 13 months

DD didn't get her first tooth until 9 months.
    DS is nearly 7 months and I can't see him getting teeth any time soon either.
    Its' all good

julesr Guest

I personally did not get my first tooth till 13 months and then it was a top tooth! I had them all by 20 months and they all came in the "wrong order", a molar here, an incisor there. Didn't lose my first baby tooth till I was 7 years old (was SO impatient because all the other kids were getting visits from the tooth fairy LOL).

My DS has no sign of a tooth yet but because of the above I am not the least bit concerned - he might take after his mummy.

Wow, I was just about to post a very similiar thread. My DD will be 1 in a few weeks, and she still doesn't have any teeth. I thought they were going to come through a couple of weeks ago when she had bad toxic runny poos, but no. They have been giving her grief since she was about 5 months old. Exactly like you said, they would come down, creating huge red whelps on her gums then a couple of days later, they would disappear. I just hope they come through soon!! Or she is going to be a bald, toothless little girl at her first birthday

My DS#1 didnt get a tooth till he was 10 months i think.
    DS#2 is only 3 months and he has 2 teeth!!
    It all depends on the baby,
    Look forward to the toxic poo's!

we were 11 months before the first too, and we've still only got two!

My dd Vashti only just on saturday has her first tooth and now the one next to it is coming thru.As for my other DD (they are twins) she has none.the girls will be 10 months next week. Our peadiatrician told us he has attended a few births where the baby has been born with a tooth or two.Amazing

Yep, when babies get their deciduous teeth through later it usually means the same thing will happen with the permanent teeth too.

motherduck Guest

My two are just over 7months and they haven't got any teeth either. DD#2 had four teeth at 4months and 8 at 8months it depends on the kid.

Alexa had her first at about 9 months & is 15 months now & has #12 coming through...

Every bub is different... & I tell ya once they start chomping their wee teeth are sharp....

NOTE:.... DONT put your finger in their mouth to check for teeth is they know how to chomp LOL... Ouch!!!!!

My DD is 12 months going on 13 months and we are still waiting for teeth.
    DS got his first tooth at 5 months.

I'm enjoying the gummy smiles while they last. Though there are very definite teethy bumps so I don't think it'll be for too much longer

Rylee is 9 months old and no teeth yet - she had her 9 month check up at the paediatrician yesterday and I asked about lack of teeth - he said that it is usually heriditary - I didn't get my first tooth through till I was 12 months so I might be waiting another few months.....

Caleb has no teeth at 9 1/2 months!

My girlfriend's son cut his first 2 teeth about 3 weeks ago and he just turned 1. So its totally normal.. theyll pop up when theyre ready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast