Thread: one bottom tooth stuck behind the other

Default one bottom tooth stuck behind the other

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with crooked baby teeth, or one tooth stuck behind another?

DD had her 12 month check up today and I mentioned that one of her bottom teeth is stuck behind the other one, so it can't move forward. Only a few mm's is stuck behind the other tooth, but the tooth is starting to go crooked as one side has moved forward but the other is still stuck behind the other tooth. The MCHN gave me a referral to the dental clinic at the hospital to have it checked out, she wasn't sure if it's something to worry about or if it will sort itself out in time. It would have to shift sideways though in order to straighten up and the other bit of it to move forward, if that makes sense, easier actually seeing what it looks like!

My DS's canines grew up where his eye teeth should be. He got all his other teeth except for his eye teeth as his canines were sitting in the middle of the space. Just before his second birthday, he got his eye teeth and they pushed his canines off to the side, to where they should be and they all grew in normally. It was a pretty long and painful process for him though. It was not a very fun few months and it was pretty sleepless while all his teeth rearranged themselves. HTH.

ETA: I should mention that his canines were pretty crooked until the other teeth came in and they straightened by themselves.