Thread: Silent Reflux is BACK at 10 months old??

Default Silent Reflux is BACK at 10 months old??

Help!!

DS was diagnosed with silent reflux at 5 weeks old and we all had a pretty terrible time- no sleeping, up for 4 and 5 hours throughout the night with him screaming, etc. He was put on 2.5ml Losec until 8 months when Paed thought it best to take him off it.

DS was sleeping through but he has started crawling in the last 3 weeks and we are back to sleepless nights and pain??

Has anyone else had the recurrence of reflux with crawling? What did you do that helped? Paed does not want to see DS again and told us to see a GP if we have any issues but we don't have a good GP that I can find that is baby focussed.

Any ideas that you know of to help us get back into a routine that includes sleeping!!!

Definately, most reflux mum's will tell you to hang on for when they start crawling. I would think that you may need to go back on medication or hope that he starts walking sooner rather than later. I found with my daughter that when she started scooting along furniture or walking the reflux settled down again.

I think that it would definately make it flare, basically they are still horizontal and moving their stomach contents around a lot also, like the previous poster said usually when they are upright the reflux should start improving.

I would go back on the medication, if you go to your gp and just let them know the dosage that he was on before, surely he can write a script for the losec. You could try zantac if you wanted something easier to get than the compound. It may be enough to tide him over.

Also teething and illness tends to flare up reflux also.

With a routine, honestly I have tried it and nothing worked till he had the reflux under control totally, and then eveything came into place. Until then any type of sleep solution probably won't work properly.

Good luck with the GP, and you can always go back to the pead, I mean you are paying them and let them know what is going on.

Thanks Scarlet and Christy121,

I think I will have to try to get him back on Losec. I had forgotten how hard it is, and how miserable he is with the reflux. I think he is also teething (top teeth) so this is also not helping.

Does anyone know if Baby Panadol is OK to give with Losec? I know gaviscon and losec counteract each other???

Baby Panadol is fine, so is neurophen for children as these don't work at changing any acidity in the stomach. They won't help the reflux though, but will work for the teething.

You can give gaviscon and losec, Give the losec first and make sure to space them an hour or two (best) hours apart. Losec is best given 30 minutes before a meal.