Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teething - What Helped Your Bub?

mummycate Guest

heya
    bonjela and teething relief work wonders on elouise. teething relief usually calms her down and i "nurse" (i'm no longer bf) her with a dummy tummy to tummy and she sleeps. i know holding her while she sleeps isn't a great idea but if i can get her a nap or 3 then i don't care. fortunately she sleeps all night, with the occasional "i want to play now, oh its dark, i'll go back to sleep then (mummy: sshhh mummy's damn tired shutup-mumbled)". nurofen is strongest but we've only used it a few times. no teeth yet

Anything cold out of the fridge that is baby safe. Cans of drink is good. Bonjela SM33 and panadol. Oh yeah and chewing on absolutely everything she can find.

Ellie

Is 4.5 months too young to give rusks to a bub?

I'm pretty sure he's teething - I can see and feel little bumps under the gums, and he is shoving his hand in his mouth and screaming ALOT. Tried a chemist's own brand of teething gel but he is still screaming, also given him a dose of panadol to no avail too.

Lignocaine! it as absolutely magic n not an analgesic. We get it from the Women's n Childrens hossy in adel as the chemist dont stock it in sa due to the strength of it. Well worth the 90 min drive!

Ash - Im wondering the same thing as Izzy is a bit miserable and rubbing her gums all the time but she hasn't started solids so Im not sure about rusks.
    Just wondering about Amber necklaces - anyone used them?? and how do they work? Ive done a bit of research but its all a bit wishy washy!!

I bought Sarah a necklace with HUGE beads from an accessories shop. The beads are so big she cant choke on them and are made of the same plastic as most of her toys. it doesn't get lost either! she still wears it coz she thinks it's pretty!

lis78 Guest

i found the brauers teething relief exceptional. i was so used to giving my kids panadol or nurofen when teething symptoms hit, but was recommended by someone to try brauers. it worked a treat for my dd.
    no need for panadol with it either i found.

Bess Guest

If anyone has one of those Munchkin net dummy things (you know the ones you put chunks of food in so your baby doesn't choke) I have found that putting an ice cube in there sometimes works and baby cant swollow the ice.

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

i am having a nightmare of a time at the mo with teething. My nearly 8mth old is getting all four top teeth at once. I use bonjela, seems to work ok for a bit, but he doesnt like it very much, i have used panadol which has helped him (and me) sleep! but I am going to look into the Baltic amber necklaces. Has anyone else had good experience with them?

Also, with those netting feeder things, you can make your own with a new stocking, just cut the toe off and tie it up and you can put ice etc in there. works a treat!

good luck to us all!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

My DD loves rusks and completely demolishes them! She chews on her fingers and her dummy and everything else. We use Nurofen & Panadol and sometimes teething gel. I'm going to try again giving her pieces of cold apple in one of those chew mesh bag thinggies.

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

Default baltic amber teething necklace

Hi, I ended up buying my son a amber teething necklace and cant recommend them enough! They are great. He now has 14 teeth and the last 10 came thru with out any problems. It was amazing, He dribbles less, and his teeth came up without the usual fuss. He had broken his necklace and was without it for maybe 2 weeks and the change in him was terrible. He changed back to the whinging, clingy nappy rashed baby. My friend has now bought her son one as she saw the change in him. They have the nickname "happy beads" and they truly live up to that. They are the best natural relief ever. The lady is lovely who sells them and they guarantee them so if they break they will replace them. I reckon these are the best product around! You can check out the website, amberbebe.com.

I also give him ice often to chew on and he loves that.
    Last edited by Missbanana; September 26th, 2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot about the ice!

I am going to try Rescue Remedy tonight and if all else fails Nurofen because last night my bub was up every 10, 20 and 30 mins. I didn't get much sleep at all.... He even spat out his dummy which he never does... He is off his solids too, can't get him to eat much of that unless it is his yoghurt..... arghhh teething really sucks......

Thanks for all of your tips, I will give some of them a go....

I cant tell you how in love with my amber teething necklace. I was hating seeing my daughter in so much pain, so i bought one from an online store- whiskers on kittens. I was skeptical, but it has been brilliant. Even my husband swears by it!

I just went on line and bought a amber necklace.......that it comes soon!!! My 5 month dd is getting her second tooth and is sooooooo miserable!!! poor little lamb

I just sped-read thru this, hoping to find something on amber - have been looking into it & seems that the evidence is all for these necklaces - tho the scientists do tend to disagree

Does anyone know if the Amber bracelet/Anklet is just as good as the necklace. DD2 hates things around her neck. She cries non stop whenever I have put a necklace on her. She even hates wearing a bib if it is a little tight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12