Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 months old - night sleep issues...

Little Miss Chez, you have chosen a beautiful name for your DD, you have great taste ;-)
    I know how sleep deprivation can get you to the end of your tether. I've been there a few times and I'm not proud of it. My DD was a great sleeper mostly (well, in my eyes she was) but she went through stages when she wasn't. And there seemed no consistent explanation. Sometimes it was teething, sometimes it was developmental, sometimes it was seperation anxiety, most times, I have no clue. The worst was around 10-12 months. And believe me, I was going insane, ask my DH.
    Please keep telling yourelf: This too shall pass! It feels like there is no end in sight, but it is going to get better. I guarantee it!

Belinda, I looooove DD sleeping on me. Some nights, I just lay in bed with her sleeping on my chest (this is how she slept or the first 2 months of her life). But, at nearly 1, she was getting so heavy that I would wake up after a few hours and feel a little short of breath. Most times I could gently roll her off my chest and into the crook of my arm and she would keep sleeping there. It is so nice to have those cuddles and the deep connection you get from this. BUT, only as long as you feel good about it. If you start to resent it, it is time to try and gently change things around.

Saša

Little Miss Chez,
    great to find your post as it seems we are going through exactly the same thing! My girl was born 1 day after yours and changed from a great little sleeper to a great little waker (sometimes waking 1/2 hourly, ie not really sleeping much at all!) at about the same time as you described... about 5 weeks before the 7 month mark.

We are still struggling with sleep patterns here at the 7 1/2 mark... I am clinging to the thought that this too will pass... have things improved in your house?

(Sorry to hijack the post - just had to respond to someone with a mirror situation!!)

Mmm you can add me to the "me too!" list. DS is 6.5 months and has been wakeful for weeks now. I'm so interested to read the OP say between 6-10pm at night. This is his WORST time also. Plus he wants to feed 3 hourly through the night

I think it is getting better in that evening period though. He wakes constantly if he's in his cot but he's in our bed now and he seems so settled there...

Don't know what will happen when he starts crawling though! Doh!

Anyway it's nice to hear it might be just the age/stage thing.

Rahja, when he starts crawling you could get a bed rail. I used that for quite some time, although I did transfer DD into her cot after she crawled out of bed once :-(
    She still joins us in the early morning, some time between 5am and 6:30am and I love those cuddles. Plus it has the added bonus of another hour or 2 of sleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12