Thread: cot as side-car

Default cot as side-car

thinking of having the cot as a side-car on our bed but worried about day time sleeps, when we are not in bed will he shuffle around and fall off our bed?? What are your experiences with this?

my cousin did something like that and had nothing but trouble.

she ended up having a trecillan nurse stay with them it got so bad.
    the nurse said the best patterns of sleep occure when bub is in its own room from day one.

its a personal choice but i thought i would share this with you.

Its worked wonderfully for us. Sammy sleeps well in his cot during the day and at night tends to snuggle in the middle of us but the option is there to move him over. Goodluck with what you decide.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by kristy J View Post
    my cousin did something like that and had nothing but trouble.

she ended up having a trecillan nurse stay with them it got so bad.
    the nurse said the best patterns of sleep occure when bub is in its own room from day one.

its a personal choice but i thought i would share this with you.
    This is the comforted sleep section where many parents find it acceptable and have no trouble having their babies in the same room as them.

I have had the cot set up side car for a couple of months now. Some nights it works very well and others it does not, but that is just my DD, she is not a consistent little girl. For naps I do not find it too much trouble, it is a long way to roll to get to the other side of the bed, but she is big enough now that I don't worry to much as she can get herself of the bed safely if she wakes.

Astrid - thanks for your reassurance, i have had many a CYH nurse try to make me do ccand various other things that my son just doesn't respond to over the last 9 months, i feel that right now he needs to be close to me so i will try the cot in our bedroom, if that doesn't work i will try side car, can't help worrying about him falling of bed though.... life would be much simpler if we didn't worry!

thanks also to you Jo

tried the cat in the bedroom, he just screamed so i layed down in bed next to him, he stuck arms and legs and face through the cot bars and banged his head against them til i eventually picked him up. it is now clear to me that i am having a power struggle with him (already!!) he is not scared, he just knows that he has me wrapped around his little finger, so its time for me to get tough! Not leaving him to scream or anything, just go in there when his cry gets upset and pst him then walk out, kept doing that for 2 nights and he slept through last night thank goodness.

thanks for all ur help