Thread: the happy hang up anyone used it???

Default the happy hang up anyone used it???

Hi!

I've read through the posts and there seems to be a lot of people using the Amby baby hammock. I really wanted a hammock and finally came across the Happy hang up second hand and bought it for our first bub. Now I've been reading through posts and it seems sids doesn't recomend sleeping in hammock during the night. I was planing on putting bub to sleep at night in the hammock next to our bed and during the day either in bubs room or lounge. I really like the idea of using the hammock as a slow transition between my belly and the outside world. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has used this hammock? only for day? or day and night? Thanks!!!

Hey Mel,
    I have 'The Baby Hammock' (see my ad in the Classifieds because I'm selling it) & I used to put Claudia to sleep in there during the day & the cot at night time. HOWEVER, if she had a really fussy day, I'd leave her in the hammock for night time & it helped her rest easier if that makes sense? I found the hammock great for when she was having a fussy time like she didn't want to be held or fed but was so tired & miserable & grumpy I'd just wrap her up, put her into the hammock & give it a little bounce or swing & she'd be out in seconds.

I don't know the SIDS recommendations on the hammocks for fact, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they are recommended because baby isn't able to roll over onto their side or their tummy in the hammock, therefore their face was always free from the blankets, wraps, etc... I'm sure there are also girls on BB who have put those heart rate monitors under the mattress of the hammock though.

I hope this helps. It's a great investment that's for sure & if you want The Baby Hammock & stand, I"m selling mine!

Love Jayne xox
    PS _ Where abouts in Freo are you? I'm in Waikiki, are you having bubs in Kaleeya?

We love our hammock!
    We have two anchor points in our house at the moment hoping for a third! One in the lounge, one in the dining room and hopefully one in the bedroom! We also have a stand so we can take it with us if we travell or go outside!
    It settles my little fella really well! He loves bieng in there! Its great for when you have had a rough night and are exhausted cause you can gently rock them to sleep! It looks so comfy too, I think i may have to get one hehe!
    Myles still sleeps in his cot at night but if he is very unsettled i sleep on the couch and have him in the hammock!But once he is off to sleep i pop him back into his cot!
    I am sure bubs would be fine to sleep in there full time! I am not sure on the SIDS thing either, sorry!
    Good luck!

Hi guys thanksyou. Jane your hammock looks great, simmiliar to the one I got which was a bargain. its nice to know that you guys are using all kinds of hammoks (not just the amby baby) and having no probs. I was really looking foward to using mine until i read that sids doesn't recommend them cause aparently they are safe for premmy babies in hospital cause they are watched all day anyway I read that in another thread and thought good I'm not sure if its only the amby ones (cause they are more like hanging bed) or any of them that people are using and are ok. anyway we have decided we are going to use my hammok I really like the idea of it, will see how we go if we use it day and night or only day. Thanks for the reasurance!