Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Our Journey - Establishing a night time ritual

I'm lazy, which does not help with regards to getting out and about. I really shouldn't be, as I would like to starting losing weight. Might start checking out where all the local parks are.

Hey Astrid

Hows it going now, any improvement?

Hey Sherrie - I think there have been improvements, I am a lot less stressed now. I tend to be going with the flow, not forcing a specific bedtime etc. If she has missed her afternoon nap, then I know to start dinner, bath etc earlier and she will go to sleep quickly. If her nap was late then I know everything else will be late and if she needs to play a bit before sleeping then I am ok with that.

Have found that location of dressing, getting her to sleep etc does not make a huge amount of difference to her. It seems it is the process of bath, book and breast feed is what helps (with music of course)

Just wish she would wake up less overnight. I have some terrible nights, then I can have some good ones. Her nights are a bit better since she has taken to eating more solids. Just kicking myself for not going to bed when she did last night. She slept for 4 hours straight!! Then she woke when we went to bed and was a little pain all night.

I have been trying to get her out a bit more. Have been getting in contact with some of the other mothers in MG

I don't think this will ever end. It is definitely a work in progress.

It will, I think mine is getting grief from her first molars wanting to come through so I have been getting some really rough nights where she wakes every cycle but it won't last forever!

We will sleep one day

Good luck!

Well Maggie has started to walk in the past week. A big woo hoo, but a right pain to getting her to sleep.

It has been very hard to get her down at night and even harder to put her in the cot. Some nights I have gone to bed early with her, or just brought her out to the lounge to sleep on one our laps till we go to bed. Even her day naps are more difficult.

There was a woo hoo last night thought, she slept for 6 hours straight till 2:30am!! Even though I went to be at 10, I still felt better for that longer stretch of sleep. I have noticed though, the longer she sleeps, the longer it takes to get her back to sleep. It probably took an hour till she was fully asleep. I did get her to sleep early, but she wouldn't go back in the cot, so I brought her to bed as per normal.

I think she is enjoying her bedtime stories. She keeps on turning the pages for me and is now pointing at the pictures.

Now all I have to do is start to get DH more involved. I would like to go out one night. She is beginning to muck around with being fed to sleep, so I may start breaking her of that before she really bites me (I am feeling those teeth a bit more).

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Small steps hey Astrid These developmental milestones can often bring an unsettled bub... so hoping things settle down soon for you, until the next one
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Well, it is getting worse. Not sure what is going, Maggie's walking is improving and she is making more attempts to do things for herself, could this be still affecting her? She is also being a little booby fiend, I wouldn't mind, but she wont stop wriggling and trying to get herself into weird positions.

Her day naps are really terrible, it is now rare for her to have 2 naps and she takes ages to go down. It is getting very stressful. I am getting tempted to leave her until she drops, but once she starts to get tired she wont leave me alone.

I am so exhausted

Have realised she is sick of the music I was using for her day naps. I found today when I put on different music she went to sleep without too much trouble. Great for my sanity to not have to listen to the same stuff all the time, but bad as I do not know what to put on for her now. She really carries on and gets upset with some pieces of music now.

She is still wanting heaps of boobie, just wish I could get her to eat more solids, my bb's need a break!

Interesting. Maggie must really be coming more aware of her body. She wouldn't settle tonight, which was odd, as she normally just flakes when she has had a big day and only 1 nap. But she would not sleep!! She would start to bite me whilst feeding and then giggle. Nothing would work, even checking her nappy. Anyway she had not pooed all day (odd for her), well finally she did and only then would she settle. So it looks as though I can't push her to sleep, sometimes I will just have to be patient.

Oh gawd she reminds me so much of Maya. Hows her teething? Mine has been teething her first molar for the last 2 months off and on. She will have some good days then real bad ones where shes very cranky, clingy and restless but into everything at the same time. she also will not sleep if she needs to do a poo!

So jealous of that six hour sleep though!

Well time for a little Woo Hoo, I think Maggie finally slept through last night! I got her to sleep about 8:30 (a bit late, but she had a late nap), kept her in the lounge room with me (nice and warm), she woke about 10:30 so I gave her a big feed, took her to bed with me later and I don't remember feeding her again until 6:20!!! For some silly reason I did not sleep well, but she did.

Thinking it might have to do with her eating more, both solids and breastfeeds. Wish she would take to food a bit more, as yesterday I did feel as though I was feeding a newborn again. Every time she came near me she tugged at my top and wanted a feed.

Going camping this weekend, so hopefully she will not be mucked up by that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234