Thread: Regular sleeps in a sling

Default Regular sleeps in a sling

Kynan's sleep has been off for a while and whilst we've got the nights pretty much sorted now he's still having day sleep issues. Depending on the time he wakes in the morning he seems to be okay with just one long sleep in the middle of the day. If he wakes up really early he'll need another nap or 2.

The thing is, he's becoming really clingy and if I walk out of the room when I put him down to sleep (or even look like I'm going to leave) he starts screaming. I have to stay literally within centimetres of him for him to stay asleep. If he's asleep when I leave, within 20-30 minutes he'll start crying when he realises I've gone.

So I've been putting him into the hugabub and he'll have a good 2-3 hours sleep. He sleeps so well in it and wakes up happy. I guess maybe I just need some reassurance that this is okay. And I've been wondering if it's okay for him physically to sleep in the hugabub for up to 3 hours each day. He's actually asleep in it now and has been for the last 2 hours LOL.

I think it sounds great. He sleeps so well in the hug-a-bub and if that is what works best for both of you than its great.

I guess the thing is you and how you feel about it? I got tired having Matilda "on" me all the time and really liked getting her used to sleeping out of the sling too. BUT I loved having her in it for an hour or so. Thats why we started transfering her out of the sling, I would put her in her cot on an incline with her belly down to help her sleep better because she wouldn't sleep on her back. And I would keep the door open so she would continue to hear the same sounds...HTH!

Kirsty77 Guest

I think that you should go with what works for you.Thats one thing I've learnt having a baby....every bub is different and if something helps Gemma sleep longer or work better than I'm gonna do it!

We also put Gemma to sleep during the day belly down as we found she sleeps way better that way.I think its the whols startle reflex thing because she hated sleeping on her back, but we've started tog et her used to it during the night.Gemma is also going through the phase of screaming when I leave the room.She has really clingy days and I just let her sleep on me.Its easier for her and me and she wakes up heaps happier.And I LOVE the contact!You've got to admit its lovely!

angel, oscar only ever sleeps in the sling or in bed with me. i think it's great. oscar sleeps really well 2-3 times a day in the sling for about 2 hours each time. he is used to noise, kids etc so doesn't wake up. i think you are great meeting kynan's needs - it would be scary for them to be on their own i think. be secure in what you're doing. i brought my other two up like this and they are very well balanced confident kids

love beckles

Angel, how are you going with this? I have such nice recollections of seeing Kynan all snuggled up asleep on you!

Kynan's asleep in the hug a bub right now... or he was until DH started chucking coins into a jar LOL. Hopefully he'll go back to sleep!

Every now and then I've been putting him into his cot to have his morning sleep just so I can get some stuff done that I can't do whilst wearing him (like cooking). He copes okay, only takes 15-20mins to settle him & he'll sleep for a full 40mins, as long as I don't make him have too many cot sleeps.

Thanks everyone!