Thread: Waking Up At Night Again

Default Waking Up At Night Again

I recently posted a reply about co-sleeping saying that my 4 month old daughter sleeps in a cradle next to me but how I love the rare occasions when she wakes up during the night so that I can pop her into bed with me.

Well, I think she somehow logged on to Bellybelly when I wasn't looking as for the last few nights she has woken up at around 1am and 4.30am after months of sleeping from about 7pm-7am (ish) with no wake-ups!

I'm not too concerned - I gave her a long cuddle for the 1am one and she went back to sleep pretty easily and then put her in with me for a schnuggle at 4.30am.

But I'm just wondering what's causing the wake-ups? It's not hunger as she goes back to sleep very easily without a bottle. I've heard that sometimes they're just missing mum or as they become more social/active they just want to practice those skills.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing and how did you deal with it?

I find this happens every couple of months, when I think Nina is having a growth spurt or is teething. She'll wake up at the same times each night. I just go with the flow, and within a week or two she'll go back to sleeping through again.

My two used to wake up whenever they were going through growth/developmental phases (or it also used to happen if they had a bit of a blocked nose).

Thanks guys - that's reassuring.