Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: * Best position to conceive???

Fire Fly Guest

Exclamation * Best position to conceive???

Is there a better position in sex to do if TTC. No im not standing on my head. lol

kerrie

andrea8 Guest

Default Hi!

Hi! Kerrie,
    I don't think you will offend anyone here that's what these boards are for.
    I've heard that missionary and doggie style are the best positions to get the spermies where they need to go.
    Try to have an orgasm afterwards and prop your hips up on a pillow for 10 to 30 mins after too.Also I've heard that bicycle legs work too.I've been putting instead cups in afterwards to keep the spermies up there.I have a thread about them if your curious.I've gotten used to them now at first the size freaked me out.LOL.They have a website also,they're meant to be used for menses but I think that would be too messy.
    Good luck,
    Andrea

Fire Fly Guest

Yeah Andrea, just got out that post. LMAO.
    Im not that desperate yet. Never heard of them though. You learn something every day hey. Lol
    Thanks for advice by the way. Lol. Still laughing.. Sorry

kerrie

Hey Kerrie,

I found missionary to be the best when we were TTC as I could just lie in the one position for a while afterwards. If I moved around too much I 'leaked' even more LOL 8-[

andrea8 Guest

Default Hi!

Hey! Kerrie,
    That's ok I've gotten alot of laughs from that hee hee.DH has gotten quite a few giggles out of it I can imagine what he's telling his buddies at work!!! OMG LOL.
    We tried the real egg whites last month but that didn't work I think it mostly leaked out LOL.Now I can't talk him into that again LOL.He's not into rubbing them on for lubrication.The things we will do! One board swears by them???
    If the cups work I'll let you know then you can run out and buy them.
    Good luck,
    Andrea

Fire Fly Guest

EGG WHITES !!!! WTF.

Andrea, your freaking me out. 8-[
    Lol, getting a good laugh though.
    I have to ask, what do the egg whites do. LMAO.

kerrie

Aren't egg whites supposed to be a more sperm conscious version of lubricant?

Hey there Kerrie!

I reccon that you do whatever you want to do to enjoy it as it can seem to be a chore after a while. I agree with Angel on the missionary pos as you don't have to move much and prop up your bum with a pillow after.

andrea8 Guest

Default Hi,

Hi! Kerrie,
    I thought that would get a rise out of you--LOL.
    You're supposed to use real egg whites as a lubricant,it's like EWCM and sperm can live in it longer.I've read several success stories on it.
    We've only tried it once and I'm having a hard time convincing him again maybe it's a good thing because he said if we got pg using them he would nickname to kid "rooster!!!" ROFLMAO
    Go to the "tryingtoconceive" website and they have instructions and hundreds of success stories(not all from egg whites of course) and early pg symptoms.
    Andrea

Hi Kerrie,

We are doing it missionary position. I have heard this is the best as the sperm don't have to fight gravity this way I have also read that you should prop a pillow under your bottom to lift up your pelvis so the cervix can be swimming in sperm, BUT don't lift it too high as the sperm then end up behind the cervix.

Also another tip is to lie still and with pillow under you for atleast 10min or 30min if you can. This just give the sperm more of a chance.

I hope the tips I have read work. I guess we (my DH and I) will find out soon enough.

Anyway I hope this info helps!

Nadine.

mummy2B2 Guest

Having an orgasm afterwards is supposed to help because the cervix opens and contracts after the sperm is already there. Lucy said something about it, and I can back her up with this one, worked for me!

Thanks girls thats really interesting, I shall give some of this ideas a try!

Bel

If you can orgasm before he does that is supposed to provide lots of EWCM for the sperm to swim in and keeps them alive longer. But if you can try and make that close to his orgasm that also helps as the cervix will contract afterwards with some dips to suck up all the spermies. I guess if you did it before AND after that can't hurt, hey?! :-s

I have also found that if I do kegels (the pulling ones not the pushing ones) that will help suck up the spermies too. To work out which muscles do what, put your finger in (or better yet get hubby to) and try out squeezing the muscles upwards, and then pushing them downwards till you get used to which muscles pull the spermies upward.

Hope I have not given too much information here - but the kegels will also help when you are pregnant and apparently with labour too. So it's good to practise them even now.

DH used to always insist that I was on top, so of course as soon as I moved afterwards, all the spermies would come out, which isnt much help. The first time we did it missionary around O time, I actually didnt lose any spermies, and I also put a pillow under my bum while we were doing it and also didnt get up for the rest of the night and I ended up getting a BFP. That was the first time that I didnt lose spermies.

According to the girls on FF, climax changes the PH level and is more conducive to conceiving a boy.

But truly, it doesn't really matter WHAT position you're in. It'll happen if it is going to. Zac was a testament to that. He was conceived LITERALLY on the run with standing quickies, sneaking into the bedroom or bathroom whilst the children were outside playing.

On the other hand, the rare months when we've had the luxury of laying in bed and being able to enjoy some intimacy, I've had BFN's.

Not sure if that means anything, but is my experience anyway.

Lisa

yeah missionary is definately the 'cleaner' option but doggy is supposed to be good too as those little swimmers get in deeper. Good luck

jala Guest

Quote Originally Posted by andrea8 View Post
    Hi! Kerrie,
    I don't think you will offend anyone here that's what these boards are for.
    I've heard that missionary and doggie style are the best positions to get the spermies where they need to go.
    Try to have an orgasm afterwards and prop your hips up on a pillow for 10 to 30 mins after too.Also I've heard that bicycle legs work too.I've been putting instead cups in afterwards to keep the spermies up there.I have a thread about them if your curious.I've gotten used to them now at first the size freaked me out.LOL.They have a website also,they're meant to be used for menses but I think that would be too messy.
    Good luck,
    Andrea
    Hello - I've only just found out about "Instead Cups" a few days ago (discovered them on the web). Where in Australia did u buy them?? Or did u purchase them via the american website?

Thanks!

jala

I've always heard doggie & deeper penetrating positions. I also heard doggie is better for boys, & others for girls. I think male carrying sperm is lazier - makes sence to me!! I did get my boy this way though...tmi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast