Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: * Clomid

Exclamation * Clomid

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know anything about clomid? My OBGYN just prescribed it for me to start next cycle but he wasn't very thorough in explaining it and I forgot to ask some questions. He did say that it would regulate my cycle and make sure I ovulated, but that was about it.

I've heard that clomid can lengthen your LP, is that true? I'm supposed to take it from CD5-9, so is CD1 still classified as the first day of red blood? Also, what are the chances of having side effects? I've heard that you can get hot flushes, moodiness, and headaches.

Thanks. :-)

Default clomid

my sister in law was ttc for 3yrs in the last yr she took clomid and her hormones were quite crazy it got that bad she did not talk to me for 6months.basically she got a bit depressed about not getting pregnant etc.
    which is understandable.it did make her ovulate but the funny thing was after 8 months she stopped taking it and a few months later found she was pregnant.Perhaps the clomid kick started her body to do the right thing or she had enough of trying and it just happened.The body does mysterios things.good luck and i will ring me SIL and find more info

Hey Angel,

I don't know that much about it at all, but my friend wasn't ovulating properly & on her first cycle with Clomid she found out she is pregnant - with twins!!

I don't know about it regulating your cycle, but it is definately for ovulation. Apparently there is more chance of multiples when on it cos it makes you ovulate more.

Sorry I can't be much help

it definetly increases your chances of multiple births and they dont like to give large doses

Thanks for the info guys. I wouldn't mind the 2 for 1 deal tho! LOL.

aw Guest

Thanks for the info about increasing chances of multiple births Caddie, I may be starting on Clomid soon so that is good to know beforehand!

Hi aw, let us know how things go for you. Good luck!

aw Guest

I will do!! I only just got diagnosed with PCOS, and started on Metformin only last week, so Clomid is still a little way off if I go on it.

I'm loving these forums though!!

AW, I hope that Metformin does the trick for you!!

aw Guest

Thanks!! It actually looks as if taking progesterone for 10 days did the trick as well. I had progesterone for 10 days and then got a period about 2 days after that. I am also charting, and it looks as if I have ovulated (if I am doing it right) 6 days after end of period. I don't really know where the clomid would fit in, but like I said I think that is a little way off yet. Will keep you updated!

Liz Guest

Exclamation * Clomid

Hi Ladies,

I'd really like to hear from anyone out there who is on or has used clomid. I'm the type of person who won't even take a panadol for a headache because I prefer 'natural remedies". Therefore the thought of taking such a potent drug scares me a bit.

My gynp has suggested that I start using clomid in the next few months (unless I'n very lucky!!) because I have cycles over 35 days and therefore only ovulate 8-9 times per year.

My gyno says that clomid will regulate my cycles so that I can ovulate more often...and therefore have a better chance of catching the egg! For the people who are on clomid, did any of you have a laparoscopy first?. To me, it makes sense to rule out any internal probs. before starting a potent drug...I understand gynos are somewhat divided on this. Some prefer clomid for 4-6 cycles before a lap...what do you ladies think?

Sorry this post is so long, I'm just interested to hear about the experience of others.

Thanks
    Liz

Hi Liz

If you check the Long Term TTC and infertility thread you will find Clomid users in there.

Love :hbeat:

Hi Liz

I'm on my second cycle of clomid (I atcually have to have a blood test today and I'm here procrastinating!). I haven't O'd at all this year. I took 50mg a day last cycle and nothing happened. This time I took 100mg a day and I don't think I O'd (I used OPK's), so i wish it was a bit more potent!! I haven't had a laparoscopy yet but I think after another cycle of clomid my GN will send me for one.

There is a thread in long term ttc about the side effects of fertility drugs you might be interested in. I thought I had a couple of side effects, but I might have just made it up in my head trying to convince myself something was happening!! I haven't experienced anything negative with clomid (except it doesn't seem to be doing anything!!).

Good luck!

Hey Liz,

I am in my 1st cycle of clomid. I am a bit like you in that I don't even like to take panadol for a headache but I guess after 2 m/c that's kinda gone out the window and I'm willing to try just about anything to get a sticky bub (but I still don't take panadol for a headache LOL).

I didn't have a lap done before starting clomid, but I have gotten pg twice before and we're pretty sure we now know why we lost them so having a lap probably isn't really necessary for me. My cycles were quite long as well, 50+ days some of them. Frustrating isn't it! LOL.

I would suggest having a good talk to your gyno about it. Let him know how you are feeling and that you might like to look into other possible problems before going onto clomid and he might have some suggestions. HTH.

dolphin22 Guest

Hi Liz,

I will be on clomid for my second time next month and it worked for me, just hope it works this time as well. I had a laparoscopy all before i started anything at the IVF clinic. When do you start on clomid Liz??

Take Care
    Cindy

Liz Guest

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your help. I'll check the long term TTC forum also. Cindy, I'll probably start on clomid early next year...by then we would have been trying for 9 months and I would have been off the pill for 12 months.

I was also wondering if you have a course of say 4-6 months of clomid then have a break, have a lap to rule out internal issues, can you then try another cycle if lap is clear?

Also I'm wondering how people have gone after a lap...ie have your cycles resumed straight away or does it take some time to recover?

I really appreciate your help and I will speak more to my Gyno. I have an appointment with her on 18.11.04.

Thanks heaps
    Liz.

dolphin22 Guest

Hi Liz,

when i had my laparoscopy, my AF returned to normal straight away. You should beable to give clomid another try if laparoscopy is clear, but they may also try something else...this will be my second time on clomid and if it doesnt work this time then we are going to do the GIFT.

Cindy

Liz Guest

Thanks Cindy,

Was lap painful? How long did it take before you were up and about and back to normal?

Liz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast