Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: * Does orgasm help you get pregnant?

Exclamation * Does orgasm help you get pregnant?

I have a lil question, bit embarrased to ask it actually as it sounds a lil rude.. well to me it does..

does it help when TTC if the woman orgasms?
    i hope that doesnt offend anyone.. but we've heard it helps if both people orgasm at the same time, but ive alos heard it doesnt matter..

does anyone know?
    thanks lesley

Hey Lesley

Didn't matter for us on both occasions

Love

Mandi Guest

I have heard both actually.

I have heard that if the woman has an orgasm, that it is better for her to have it after the male. This way apparently it helps to 'push' his boys up further into you.

Now I can't remember where I read this, but if I come across it again, i'll post the link for it.

Good luck!

Mandi

Hi Lesley,

I have hears the same as Mandi.....that it is better if the girl has her orgasm after the male, as the contractions propell the sperm up in the right direction...........

(Can't remember if this was the case on either of my conceptions.......)

LOVE THE NEW EMOTICONS!!!!!

Ok I remember some weirdo documentry when I was in highschool about some theory how this thing comes out and sucks up the sperm when a woman orgasms, I did a quick search and here is some info. I don't know the absolute truth of this theory but its probably the most heard of them all

I think it doesn't reaaaaaaally matter, but like this info says if you can orgasm after it may increase your chances Maybe this is why most women were um made *cough* to please themselve Ohhhhhhh did I just say that :twisted:

*hugs*
    Cailin

thankyou for your help ..much appreciated

In our case it didn't make a difference either

beck.o Guest

well im sure i heard somewhere that it helps somehow by dipping or tilting your cervix or something.
    it definately helps me want to BD when im not in the mood.
    i dont know if the timing of the orgasm matters too much considering how long sperm hang around for (and this is really interesting) and that the muscles that react in a woman during orgasm can keep contracting for half an hour after (but you dont actually notice it)

well thats my opinion.
    signing of rebecca the orgasm expert. :smt047

I have heard it can help but then again, it didn't make a difference for us either.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

This is quite an interesting discussion....

Cailin, I thought that the article you posted the link to was also quite interesting. I quite liked the bit that said (paraphrasing here..) that to improve you chances of sperm retention a few days after intercourse, that a women can clean out the blockages of old sperm by masturbating!! I've never heard that one b4!! :-s

Also, the authors pose an interesting thought that women can sort of select the sperm from lovers to fertilize eggs over that of her regular partner....better not let any of our DH's or DP's see that one!!!

he he

Hayseed

I have heard that tilting you cervix, ie. putting a pillow under your hips, and having an orgasm just make for an easier swim for the littlen's

wow!! u guys resurected this post, i couldnt even remember posting it lol, but its got my name there so it was me, it was just after i joined too.. lol

well i think it did help us, if i remember correctly as we were trying to go with the one that says it helps the sperm get sucked up in there, so it did end up helping me.. but everyones different

Lesley

Yup, you posted all the way back in November Lesley

Default Orgasms

I know this thread is from a while back but it is an interesting concept. Given the sperm can survive a couple of days, does that mean if you have an orgasm the day after sex it could help sperm reach the egg?

Well possibly. But I suppose you also have to take into consideration the "hostile" environment in the vagina in regards to sperm longevity. Unless there is a good supply of mucus to protect the littel blighters, you would have to assume that the longer they hung around, the more chance they have of being killed off by the acidic environment.

Also, unless you are going to spend a lot of time lying down, I guess that graveity would also have a bit to do with it! Those that don't get killed off, might trickle back out!! There's been a discussion somewhere else on "leakage". :-k

BTW, if we keep this thread alive just a bit longer, it would have been going for 12 months!!

Hayseed

Default Long surviving sperm

O

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by sperm that eventuate in the female. However, if you're confident about when you ovulate, then perhaps it's just as good to have sex and orgasm in the same act. if you space out your sex either every day or every second day around ovulation, you're in with a pretty good shot I would have thought.

Hayseed

I think I've heard of that theory in relation to natural gender selection. Something about if you BD the day before or the day of O it's more likely to result in a boy, but if you BD several days before O it's more likely to result in a girl because all the 'boy' sperm die off and the 'girl' sperm get to the egg. Can't remember what that theory is called! But it is just a theory I believe.

I don't know whether having an orgasm the day after sex would help in regards to the sperm getting to the egg. I think it's more that having an orgasm at the same time you have sex helps the little get through the cervix?? Not that an orgasm is necessary to get pg though!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast